Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Outsourcing DCA

• Banned User

Re: Outsourcing DCA

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    This obviously coming from a person who hasn't been to Japan.

They are not as obsessed as Americans - their obsession in certain area's put's us to shame! It however drops off as soon as you start to talk to them about the non-cute areas of Disney (EPOCT, Walt & Roy, etc.)...
    So I guess we agree, they are not as obsessed as we are.

LOL my sig has caused so many people to contact me. It is only a joke. I actually got it from a picture on darkbeer's photo gallery and made it into the pic you see below.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    So I guess we agree, they are not as obsessed as we are. LOL my sig has caused so many people to contact me.
    No, it's skewed to the absolute extremes - they worship Mickey as a God, they couldn't care less about Bob Iger.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    No, it's skewed to the absolute extremes - they worship Mickey as a God, they couldn't care less about Bob Iger.
    That may be true but that could be said about America too. DL and WDW are the most visited for a reason. The only reason why TDL had an attendance drop was because of a lack of tourists from America. Probably due to Iraq and all that is going on.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I find it hard to believe that a three million person drop would be all Americans. It would also not explain a drop this year at TDR but a massive rise here in the states.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Last edited by Uzmati; 05-30-2006 at 06:17 PM.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Uzmati, you are not who Disney is marketing DCA towards. DCA is not meant to compete with Disneyland for one day ticket sales. DCA is apart of the Disneyland Resort. The plan is get people who are travelling from afar stay at or near Disneyland or at the very least get them to spend the extra cash on a one day park hopper.

• Banned User

drops in attendance has to do with several things. first the value of the yen. when the yen is high then foreigners don't visit japan. Japanese visit other places like DL and WDW. Second, competition. TDL, used to be the only major theme park in japan. now universal has a park and european investors have opened a park. I cant remember the name right now. but there are more places for locals to spend their money. also energy prices are rising in japan as they are here and the cost of living is rising as well. so the average japanese has less money for " luxeries" like visiting theme parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    That may be true but that could be said about America too. DL and WDW are the most visited for a reason. The only reason why TDL had an attendance drop was because of a lack of tourists from America. Probably due to Iraq and all that is going on.
    That is completely false. If you look at the attendance numbers for Tokyo Disneyland, they dropped the same year Disney Sea opened. Do you honestly think that 4.7 million visitors who didn't visit that year were all American tourists and Iraq related? If that was the case then how come Disneyland California and Walt Disney World still doing well? It is very possible that folks in Japan who visited Disneyland on average 4 times a year would visit half as much because they would go to Disney Sea 2 times and then to Disneyland the other two times, thus bringing attendance down for Disneyland and attendance rockets for Disney Sea.

The most logical explanation is that Disney Sea pulled guests away from Tokyo Disneyland, if you look at the attendance numbers for both parks. The same thing happened with Disneyland Paris when The Studios opened up; Disneyland Paris used to see 12 million then once the Studios opened, it dropped to 10 million. The reason why Disneyland California is successful as a whole is because when California Adventure opened, it did not pull nearly as many guests away from Disneyland like the other resorts. Now, after California Adventure improved a great deal, both parks are getting record attendance. This simply isn't happening for the international parks.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Last edited by Uzmati; 05-30-2006 at 06:17 PM.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123