Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Magical Memories fanzine

LSpoorEeyorick, I think the main difference is that the real dole whip is more like frozen yogurt. I think if you experiment with the above recipe and replace some yogurt in there it will be pretty close. Not sure if that will fit what your looking for or not, but when I went I was told its basically frozen yogurt (I have some lactose intolerance, and have a hard time digesting milk products, but yogurt for some weird reason isnt considered a lactose dairy product).

• Senior Minion

Thanks for the link Wolfy!!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• CM for 4 years!

How late is the Tiki Bar open? You guys really made me want to go tonight! XD

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Dole Whip - $2.50

Dole Whip Float - $4.50

Is the extra couple of ounces of pineapple juice and 1 cherry worth the two bucks more?

Going this afternoon.....Love the whip.....should I be extravagant and splurge for the float?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
    In Florida they dont give you a cherry

• Rainicorn.

I've never had a Dole Whip.... NOW I WILL. The Tiki Bar is always closed when I go. And for some reason, whenever it was open, my family wouldn't want to splurge.

I'll show them! *fist*
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

In all my Disneyland years, I never had a Dole Whip. Since I joined this board I have wanted to go immediately and get one, but being in MN, I can't! So now I will have to go out and buy myself an ice cream maker just so I can try that recipe so THANK YOU for posting it!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    In all my Disneyland years, I never had a Dole Whip. Since I joined this board I have wanted to go immediately and get one, but being in MN, I can't! So now I will have to go out and buy myself an ice cream maker just so I can try that recipe so THANK YOU for posting it!
    Aw TinkPink, why don't you come for the 50th meetup? I'll buy you one!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Resident Science Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Tigertail777
    LSpoorEeyorick, I think the main difference is that the real dole whip is more like frozen yogurt. I think if you experiment with the above recipe and replace some yogurt in there it will be pretty close. Not sure if that will fit what your looking for or not, but when I went I was told its basically frozen yogurt (I have some lactose intolerance, and have a hard time digesting milk products, but yogurt for some weird reason isnt considered a lactose dairy product).
    Ohhh you just brought out the science nerd in me, sorry for the nerdiness that follows folks...
    Yogurt does not cause problems with people who have mild lactose intolerance because the lactose in yougurt it reduced. The bacteria( Lactobacillus bulgaricus and others)that turn milk into yogurt digest the lactose(which is a sugar) and turn it into lactic acid(which is why yogurt is sour). Less lactose sugar means less problems with lactose intolerance, which is caused by not producing any or enough of the enzyme that digests lactose.
    Not sure that anybody cares, but I had to try...

Anyways, yeah the dole whip tastes non-dairy to me, and I'm not sure I want to know what is in it...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I've been dying for a dole whip... >_<

I was supposed to go with friends to Disneyland this weekend for a friend's birthday, but his mom is ticked at him and at this point the party is cancelled

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLi
    Anyways, yeah the dole whip tastes non-dairy to me, and I'm not sure I want to know what is in it...
    Yeah, same here. Tastes delicious, non-dairy, and refreshing...
    But please, please.. don't tell me what's really in it. Something that good can't be ...safe... haha...

• LoisAlene

Well...Dole Whip, non-dairy; Cool Whip, non-dairy.....
    Hmmmmmmmm I think I see some sort of chemical cousin!
    I've never had a Whip but after reading the comments on the board I am going to Have to have one.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Still wants to be a cat!

Well went to DL to get that Dole Whip Float and guess what? The machine was broke down......came back later (around 6PM) and it was closed...had heard they had extended the hours, but not during the week it looks like. Will have to go back in the next couple of days and try again!

Thanks for all the advise.....the craving's are hitting hard!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLi
    Ohhh you just brought out the science nerd in me, sorry for the nerdiness that follows folks...
    Yogurt does not cause problems with people who have mild lactose intolerance because the lactose in yougurt it reduced. The bacteria( Lactobacillus bulgaricus and others)that turn milk into yogurt digest the lactose(which is a sugar) and turn it into lactic acid(which is why yogurt is sour). Less lactose sugar means less problems with lactose intolerance, which is caused by not producing any or enough of the enzyme that digests lactose.
    Not sure that anybody cares, but I had to try...

*singing* Miracles from Molecules...are dawning every day......

You could be a host at the Hall of Chemistry!

Hey everyone! It's *checks name tag* LeeLi, the Science......Ghee.....
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Resident Science Nerd

I've been thinking about what my tagline should be, thank you for the idea SilentBob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12