View Poll Results: Does Disneyland history mean anything to you?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneylands history is very important to me.

119 80.95%
  • Disneylands history is somewhat important to me.

25 17.01%
  • Disneylands history is not that important to me.

0 0%
  • Who cares about history, let's get a churro and go on a ride!

3 2.04%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

My grandfather printed the posters you see in both tunnels. He did all of them except for the Splash Mountain poster.

• Senior Minion

I have an old friend who worked for Disney back before it opened, and his stories are fascinating.

Equally interesting to me are the logistics of everything that has to happen to make the cogs work over there--just managing the inventory and its movement back and forth (with so little on-site storage) makes D-Day seem trivial by comparision.

I love Disneyland history just as much as everyone else but I gotta say that the last option of getting a churro and going on a ride CRACKED ME UP!!!!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaPrincess
    I love Disneyland history just as much as everyone else but I gotta say that the last option of getting a churro and going on a ride CRACKED ME UP!!!!
    (In my best Elvis impersonation) Thank you, Thank you very much

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Quote Originally Posted by VWSpawn
    Disneyland history matters alot to me. My family has a history that goes with Disneyland. My grandfather was one of the painters that worked on the construction of the castle. and its cool to see the things that my parents saw as they grew up on tv.
    Me too, my grandfather was one of the painters that worked on the submarine ride. Maybe they knew each other.

• Waiting for the stork

Yes, Yes, Yes Disneyland history is very important to me....
    Without history we have no present and no future.

Seriously, I love Disney history...all of it....facinating
    procrastibating

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    Disneyland past is interesting, but what matters MORE for me is Disneyland future. Simply because I cant ride on rides that no longer exist.
    You have to understand the past before you can predict the future ..... history answers a lot of the "whys" and "hows"
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Another Disneyland history fanatic checking in. I cannot get enough info, pictures or sounds of Disneyland past to satisfy me.

My wife just puts up with it, my kids are no longer interested in whatever weird audio or video file i've most recently downloaded, and nobody wants to watch my extinct attraction videos any more nor joins me in lamenting the fact that the Disney channel no longer has Vault Disney programming on any more.

I have only my virtual friends here to turn to for validation of my mania.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Baybeh!

Very important.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I love Disneyland history. Any Disney park, I DRAIN the internet of all info on any pasty attractions. I never can get enough. Thus, my late nights.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    I used to stay up late at night with my grandson and watch Vault Disney. Now I wish that I would have taped the shows. I taped a lot of Zorro episodes, but I should have taped the Mickey Mouse Club episodes of Spin and Marty and the Hardy Boys. History is important, but we are also making history now, as we speak.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Still wants to be a cat!

Since joining Micechat I have really turned into a Disney Fanatic (more so than before)! Just thought I might start studying the History of Disney, some on the internet, some at the library, and then of course I'm planning on purchasing some books, CD's and DVD's sometime here in the near future. I was born and raised here in Orange County, so Disney has always been part of my life. I think it might be an interesting subject to look into......I've learned so much from these forums that's it's kinda hard not to follow up some more!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

disney history is very important to me. my uncle opened the park and retired after building splash mountain. he met my aunt working at disneyland, my aunt was part of the disneyland choir for about 25 years, my other aunt worked at disneyland 41 years, she was the lead seamstress. they all have pictures of what they have done over the years. there is a picture is specific that i love where all three of them are taking a picture with the abominible snowman from the matterhorn. they also have pictures with the animals from the jungle cruise and they are all part of the disney hall of fame. my uncle has pictures with both walt disney and michael isner. there names are ray parish, josephine parish and adelina ortiz. i hope when i graduate in electrical engineering i can continue the legacy. my aunt adelina was the last to retire back in oct of 2002. i need to work really hard to get a job there in imagineering so that i can continue the tradition in my family. working there would be a dream come true.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

The history of Disneyland is the main thing that sets it apart from all other theme parks, even other Disney theme parks, IMO.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Disneyholic

for me it's like how can you love something if you don't know where it came from the past is important to guide the future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast