Thread: Is it possible?

Is it possible?

Is it possible to ride any of the major attraction rides if we are at DL 30-40min. before they open (they open at 9am the morning in question), then get over to CA before their 10am opening?

What are DL opening proceedures (first week of June, open at 9am)? What is "rope drop" that I have heard about? Is it possible they will open a bit early?

Can you please tell me what you think of this "schedule" for while we are there:

June 6

Go to California Adventure. Reservations for Ariel's Grotto at 4:20. Hopefully catch BPB, maybe catch one more ride. Head to DL for Fireworks, then the 10:30 showing of F! (Is this possible to catch both?)

June 7

Spend the day on the Left side of the Disney park (take a mid-day nap/swim break). If we feel satisfied with our time on the Left, wander elsewhere in the park.

June 8

Use our EE passes (assuming entry at 8am), go to Fantasy Land. Be to Toon Town opening by 10 am. Take a mid day nap/swim break. Spend the rest of the day on the Right side of the park. Wander around when we are satisfied.

Does this sound feesible? We have only been to DL twice, and only had a two day hopper pass. We were running back and forth between (and inside) of both parks, trying to get to all the major attractions. I would like some semblance of less chaos this time, and hopefully see more than just the major rides, and burn out easily.

TIA! Sorry for all the questions.

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Re: Is it possible?

I am in the same boat... limited time, butI changed my philosophy about getting on as mush as I can. I just enjoy all that I can do and not rush or else I am always worried about what I missed rather than enjoy what I have. Sorry if that sounded "sucky" - but it works for me.

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Is it possible?

YEA, post #900!!!

The Rope Drop is when the open the Park, usually during the "off Seaon", and what happens is the open Main Street about 1/2 hour before they open the rest of the Park. At the proper time, there is an opening routine and then the open the rest of the Park. This usually is not done during the summer when the Park opens earlier and everyting is open at once.

I have entered DL at opening, gone of Space Mountain, HM, POTC, and then had plenty of time to mosey over to DCA and ride TOT, Calif Screamin, take in other things and then go back to Disneyland and spend the rest of the day over there. IT's really not hard to do, and just don't run yourself ragged. If you plan it out, walk briskly and use common sense, you can get a lot done, in a short period of time. I don't even use Fast Pass most of the time. The earlier you enter, the less crowded it is, the more you can ride.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Disneyland will sometimes let people in 30 minutes before the official opening, but they stop you at the end of Main Street. At the official opening time they do the "rope drop" and you can go to into the rest of the park. This is not done everyday and usually on days with EE or where they open at 8am they do not do it.

As for the schedule this can be hard to answer, it depends on how much you want to do, and what you feel are the most important things to do. But here are a couple of thoughts.

Your reservation for Arial is 4:20PM, BPB comes to the Paradise Pier area around 5:30. If you get seated right away you would have a little over an hour, which seems like you might be rushing it for character dinning. But if you get a table on the outside you can at least hear and see some of it from the distance.

The Fireworks and 10:30 F! on the same day are very possible. I would try to do this on the first day of your trip. That way if the fireworks get cancelled you have 2 more days to see them.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the advice! The character meal is definately more important than the parade for us. So if we can't see the parade from the outside of Ariel's, and haven't had our "fix" of characters, we will skip it.

The park opens at 9 the days we will be there, so it is possible they will do the rope drop? What attraction would you suggest going to first? I know space mountain is a huge hit right now, should I head there, or skip it for a fast pass later in the day?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dasia
    I

Go to California Adventure. Reservations for Ariel's Grotto at 4:20. Hopefully catch BPB, maybe catch one more ride. Head to DL for Fireworks, then the 10:30 showing of F! (Is this possible to catch both?)
    Yes, it is. But I'll be honest: It's pure hell trying to get to Fantasmic in Frontierland from Main Street after the fireworks (especially through Adventureland).

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    YEA, post #900!!!

The Rope Drop is when the open the Park, usually during the "off Seaon", and what happens is the open Main Street about 1/2 hour before they open the rest of the Park. At the proper time, there is an opening routine and then the open the rest of the Park. This usually is not done during the summer when the Park opens earlier and everyting is open at once.

I have entered DL at opening, gone of Space Mountain, HM, POTC, and then had plenty of time to mosey over to DCA and ride TOT, Calif Screamin, take in other things and then go back to Disneyland and spend the rest of the day over there. IT's really not hard to do, and just don't run yourself ragged. If you plan it out, walk briskly and use common sense, you can get a lot done, in a short period of time. I don't even use Fast Pass most of the time. The earlier you enter, the less crowded it is, the more you can ride.
    wow , thats cool to know , i have been trying to figure out when they do and do not to the rope drop for ages , thanks for the info

My Maleficent tattoo

Go to the left side of the hub to watch the fireworks. They route you out through Frontierland, where you wait for a rope drop while they clear out Fantasmic 1. When they drop the rope, head to a roped off area near the center. In a few minutes, they drop that rope for seating.

Thanks for all the info. This board is GREAT!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Yes, it is. But I'll be honest: It's pure hell trying to get to Fantasmic in Frontierland from Main Street after the fireworks (especially through Adventureland).
    It can be done though. I've done it plenty of times and gotten into Frontierland with plenty of time to watch Fantasmic. Oh yes, by the way, they close the Adventureland entrance to anyone who wants to come in from Main Street. People who are leaving that area of the park exit through Adventureland and those who are entering go in through Frontierland.