Question Disneylands instore shops or world of disney

Hello everyone! I am going to Disneyland on the last week of September 2006 YAY!! Im planning to buy lots of souveniers but just one question...for those who have already been to disneyland, is it cheaper to shop & buy things at downtown disney (world of disney) or shops inside disneyland. Is there alot of difference in price or pretty much the same.

And also

If i forget to purchase something in the park, would it be available from world of disney..do they sell the same things?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Disneylands instore shops or world of disney

The price are about the same.
    Now talk about the stock of Souveniers inside disneyland and at world of disney can be the same if it a general souveniers.
    if you are looking for pooh suff you will need to get it at disneyland.
    if look for housewares World of disney have it.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ļoļ 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

Prices will be the same on merchandise that is found in multiple locations in and out of the park itself. Some stores will have items not found in others.

Check out World of Disney before going into the park. That way if you spot someting in the park you want you might remember seeing it in World of Disney and can get it on your way out.

Also, if you are staying at one of the on site hotels you can have all of your purchases sent to your room at no additional charge.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• Adventures with Duffy

The price of merchandise is the same no matter where you buy it.

A few weeks ago I was in Marcelines Confectionery in DTD and the CM told me that in their shop they donít have to apply a resort tax (I think thatís what she called it) so itís a little cheaper to buy your sweets there then on Main Street. Now I havenít tested it out to see if its true, but its what I was told.

• Senior Minion

One thing that's always hit and miss is inventory. If there is an item you are looking for and they are out at say Disneyana, (for example)Then you can try the World of Disney store. So try both places.

If you dont find a particular item, You can call the Disneyland DelivEars number
    1-800-362-4533. They can look up the item and sell it too you over the phone with shipping costs as well. Hope that helps.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

If you will have access to a car & have time to go off property, you can go to the Character Warehouse in Fullerton. It's about a 10 minute drive down Harbor at Orangethorpe. They sell all of the discontinued & out of season DLR merchandise at serious discounts. It's hit and miss, so I'd only recommend it if you have some extra time, but I get a lot of my stuff there.
    <o>

We purchase some plates on our last trip. World of Disney carried the plates and all of the other souveniers that we were going to buy. We had got a 20% off coupon when we bought our park tickets. Since we bought everything at World of Disney we got to use the coupon on our total purchase.

We also got a shipping tip from a cast member. We were having our plates shipped home as they would take up to much room in the car. The CM let us know that when you are shipping something it is a good idea to purchase and ship it in the fine collectible area of World of Disney. That area is used to shipping things all of the time and so they know how to package really well.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Prices are the same throughout the Resort.

I do have a couple tips though:

Do not assume World of Disney will be open when you leave the park for the night. Before you head to the parks for the day, check what time World of Disney will close for the night. Somedays they close as early as 10pm - even when Disneyland closes at 12midnight. So don't leave Disneyland at closing assuming you can pick up your last-minute souvineers at World of Disney - it may be closed!

World of Disney does not offer the same Print-On-Demand art work World of Disney has Print-On-Demand kiosks, but they carry a very limited selection of concept art. If you want concept art printed-on-demand, be sure you get it at the Disney Gallery in New Orleans Square. The Disney Gallery closes as early at 6:30pm on some nights- so be sure you order your art early and pick it up before the Gallery closes.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

If I am correct, I believe the Disney Gallery in Disneyland is the only place you can buy attraction posters and many neat things that are hard to find elsewhere.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    If I am correct, I believe the Disney Gallery in Disneyland is the only place you can buy attraction posters and many neat things that are hard to find elsewhere.
    If you are talking about the small prints of attraction posters
    that come with matting, those can also be found at Disneyanna on
    Main Street and World of Disney. Although not all locations may have
    all the prints in stock.

• 'splosions

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey

Do not assume World of Disney will be open when you leave the park for the night. Before you head to the parks for the day, check what time World of Disney will close for the night. Somedays they close as early as 10pm - even when Disneyland closes at 12midnight. So don't leave Disneyland at closing assuming you can pick up your last-minute souvineers at World of Disney - it may be closed!
    that's actually incorrect. WoD is designed to run as THE final shopping destination on your way out, like Emporium or Greetings.

it's stays open after DL closes during the week and closes with the park on the weekends.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat
    that's actually incorrect. WoD is designed to run as THE final shopping destination on your way out, like Emporium or Greetings.

it's stays open after DL closes during the week and closes with the park on the weekends.
    If you stay on Main Street for the extra hour that it's open after park closing, then it's very easy to miss World of Disney.

If it's designed to be "THE final shopping destination" it misses it's mark. A lot of people hang out on Main Street getting ice cream, coffee, or other souvineers before making their way back towards Downtown Disney, and by the time they do, World of Disney is often closed. I've encountered this several times. On one occasion I had planned to get a shirt at World of Disney on the way out of the Resort at the end of the night, and World of Disney had closed up shop at 10pm. I missed out. If they want to be THE final destination, like you say, they ought to stay open more than an hour after park closing. Especially for those who want to browse through Downtown Disney after park closing. ...But whatever.

| | |

• 'splosions

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    If you stay on Main Street for the extra hour that it's open after park closing, then it's very easy to miss World of Disney.

If it's designed to be "THE final shopping destination" it misses it's mark. A lot of people hang out on Main Street getting ice cream, coffee, or other souvineers before making their way back towards Downtown Disney, and by the time they do, World of Disney is often closed. I've encountered this several times. On one occasion I had planned to get a shirt at World of Disney on the way out of the Resort at the end of the night, and World of Disney had closed up shop at 10pm. I missed out. If they want to be THE final destination, like you say, they ought to stay open more than an hour after park closing. Especially for those who want to browse through Downtown Disney after park closing. ...But whatever.
    no one said they were smart

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat
    no one said they were smart
    haha, that's true.

| | |

Thank you all so much for your help! You are all GREAT! I'm all the way from Australia so Im planning to buy LOTS of souveniers. Any other tips would be great. I'll be going to Disneyland at Sept 28th 2006 anyone else going around that time? IF you are, see you there! I think I just may be in time for the 50th celebration or its ending! YAY!!