Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Rainicorn.

Wow, I must have that CD. It sounds awesome!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• CM for 4 years!

I bet this CD is going to cost a TON of money, which sucks, because I HAVE to have it.... especially because my Carousel of Progress recording with crowd noise just isn't cutting it for me anymore. Nor is my incomplete Peoplemover track with skips. >.<

• Banned User

I heard its gonna cost $120

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    I bet this CD is going to cost a TON of money, which sucks, because I HAVE to have it.... especially because my Carousel of Progress recording with crowd noise just isn't cutting it for me anymore. Nor is my incomplete Peoplemover track with skips. >.<
    It'll be $125, according to Randy Thornton, the producer of the box set. http://www.magicmusic.net/discuss/in...;threadid=1988

“A Musical History of Disneyland” is the largest and most elaborate boxed set I have ever produced. I have maxed out just about every disc with each averaging between 75 and 80 minutes. All told, it clocks in at 7 hours 41 minutes and 52 seconds. No expense was spared in bringing you the best sound possible. Nearly every track was built and restored expressly for this set.

The book, “The Sounds of Disneyland” is a 12x12 fully illustrated 72 page cloth covered hard-cover book – written by Stacia Martin and art directed by Bruce Gordon. Beyond Stacia’s fascinating text, Bruce created a layout overflowing with pictures that I’m sure many of you have never seen before. It’s truly stunning!!

After a brief window of exclusivity (until September 2005) the boxed set (minus the vinyl) will be available Nationally. Suggested retail is $125 (with and without the vinyl). I believe this price to be an incredible bargain!!!

Though the press release posted on this site earlier mentioned that it is a Limited Edition, it only means that the set with the vinyl is Limited to 5000 units and will be available at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Direct. That is all.

And you did read correctly! This set will be available at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Direct. I personally suggest that you order from Disney Direct the week of April 25 to insure that you have the best chances of being in those first 5000 orders so you may get the vinyl.
    Since $125 is the MSRP, expect that to be the price at the parks and DisneyDirect until September (with the vinyl, whatever that means - he doesn't elaborate on that), but after September, no doubt bargains can be had online at places like Amazon, which would probably put it at under $100. All depends on which one you want.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    the night music will likely be Dick Dale's, and the daytime version is not either of the Paris versions. It is written by the gentleman who wrote the music for Paris' Mission 2, but will be a different song set in sync to our Mountain.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Ok so I wonder how the special effects/ride will differ at night aside from the music?

• Banned User

Hey I just noticed Captain Eo isnt on the track listing

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

I cant wait, if it's true. I'll be there the whole day when it opens.

i wish they would have a naew daytime track like the "mission 2" soundtrack and then a new dick dale sondtrack by dick dale. im a huge fan of dick dale!!

• Banned User

Stop saying dick dale!

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    Hey I just noticed Captain Eo isnt on the track listing
    Sorry you'll miss it... but c'mon.. it's Michael Jackson... in light of his current situation I can see why they left it out!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    Stop saying dick dale!

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfreak46
    i dont know, maybe the dick dale one?
    I read somewhere it will be Van Halen.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    I read somewhere it will be Van Halen.
    It will be Van Halen. I love it. I would love it if they were to put on dreams.

• Merry 2014!

i wonder if it will be david lee roth van halen or sammy hagar van halen? any preferences?

side note--I want what CousinOrville has been drinking! Dude, you are insane with photoshop! roflmao
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast