Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A Little Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    Technically ... he's not the producer, he compiled the music. This goes out to all those people that didn't believe me! You know who you are .... :devil:

I can assure you, Mr. MiceMan, I AM the PRODUCER!

Randy Thornton

• Minion

This sounds amazing. It is something I would be interested in even though I have some of the recordings.

Sounds awesome. Unfortunately I can't afford it any time soon, but it'll be something to save for!

As an interesting side note
    7. Space Mountain (New Daytime Track)
    Even more comformation.

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Oh, I definitely *WILL* be getting this bad boy. Funny thing is, I was gonna buy the America Sings and Enchanted Tiki Room CDs I missed out on getting last time, when I go down there this year, but with this coming out, looks like I won't HAVE to! ^^; As for which one, it'll be nice if I can get the special edition, but either one would probably be fine with me...you don't know HOW long I've waited for something like this. Thanks Mr. Thornton!

• Head Salesman

I heard a rumor somewhere (don't remember where. maybe on this board.) that Target is supposed to sell some sort of 50th anniversary CD. Not sure if it's a park album or just a Lee Ann Rimes single. Can anybody confirm or shoot down this rumor?
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

This CD collection is a must for a the true DL fan. I have a few DL Forever CD's, but they may be collecting dust beginning in a few weeks when I get my hands on this set.

You will be able to get this set from DL, WDW and DisneyDirect. Should be easy to obtain. You'll probably want to order early if you HAVE to have the gold vinyl.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Thornton

Randy Thornton
    Sorry Randy - I don't mean to tread on your shoes. I have just noticed that you have been "Compiled By Randy Thornton" in everything else that I have noticed. Can I ask what the difference is between a compiler and a producer??? (Sorry if this is a stupid question.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Hiya MiceMan!

No worries my friend!

A person credited with “Compiled by” usually means that they have taken existing tracks and compiled them onto a product. This is similar to what I do on projects like the “Classic Disney” volumes 1-5 – though I often go beyond just picking the tracks and make special efforts to restore and remaster the tracks to give the listener the best possible quality. However, for “A Musical History of Disneyland” I not only selected what was to be included, I built most everything from the ground up – finding the best elements restoring, remixing and building listening experiences (like I’ve done with the Classic Soundtracks). Another thing that separates this box set from other compilations is that is was designed from the beginning not to be just a collection of sounds, but one giant listening experience – a 7 hour 41 minute 52 second listening experience. We went to the park and recorded ambient sounds of the guests and attractions and those sounds that are uniquely Disneyland. It was my intent to create a day at Disneyland that you can take home in a box.

Some folks will say that “Oh, I already have that track from Disneyland Forever”. Well you may have the track, but WDI opened it’s vaults to me and I had access to many original recording sessions for vocals and orchestra and original elements. Nearly everything on the set has been rebuilt expressly for this set. So it was far more involved of a process that just compiling the songs. Please under stand that I am in no way upset or offended by your post. How could you know? I realized later, that I shouldn’t have capitalized as it might appear that I was angry. I hope you don’t feel that I was. Just wanted to set the record straight (uh, pun intended).

While I’m at it, I want to let you all know that everyone at Walt Disney Records and Walt Disney Imagineering was completely behind my concept and were it not for their support and encouragement, this wonderful set would never have existed beyond my own digital workstation. Please know that whatever credit is given me, I share with the entire staff at WDR and WDI. People like Ted Kryczko, Stacia Martin, Bruce Gordon, Steve Gerdes, Glenn Barker, John Dennis, Steve Litten, Jon Fisher, Tom Fitzgerald, Tony Baxter, and Marty Sklar to name a few.

Thanks for asking! I appreciate you enthusiasm!

Randy Thornton

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Thanks for the futher updates. Please pass along our gratitude to the entire team that made this product a reality! (especially my favs, Tony Baxton and Bruce Gordon!)
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Thornton

Randy Thornton
    Ooo, Snap!

Randy

Do you think all the Parades will come out on CD in the near future? And how about One and Only Genuine Original Family Band Soundtrack, is it not marketable enough to make it, or is it a strong possibility in the near future?

• Que que no-tu-rah.

WOW!
    If I only buy one thing from the 50th celebration it will be this CD set. It looks like this is going to be the difinitive Disneyland music collection.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Re: A Musical History of Disneyland 6-disc CD track listed posted!

I revived this thread from the archives to let anyone know who hasn't yet gotten this set ($[email protected]), maybe because it was too expensive... well Costco now has them for $65.00!! I also saw them at Tower Records in L.A. for $85. This version may not include the vinyl record that is included in the DisneyDirect and theme park editions... but the packaging looks the same (I mean how many people will actually listen to the vinyl record anyway!?)
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 09-28-2005 at 09:50 AM.
    --Jonathan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12