Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Disneyland Tours

I am considering taking a Disneyland Tour, during my next visit there. What I need is facts. I have been on the Disneyland website, and I notice that it says they are presently offering 3 different tours. Prices of the three tours are $25, $39, and $59. The Walk in Walt Footsteps Tour, being the most exxpensive. I believe the $39, and the $59 tours both include a lunch.

Has anyone recently taken a tour? I would appreciate any information that any MiceChatter could give me on any of the tours offered at Disneyland.

Thank You, in advance.

• I am in Orlando

Re: Disneyland Tours

Well when I was at DL in March we took two of the tours that they offer. Then there is a Soarin Tour before the park is open to the General Public if you are a resort guest

The Walk in Walts Foot steps Tour. Which is mostly facts and tidbits about the park, and a private viewing before the show of the Tikk Room. It was fun we had a good time it was just my GF and a other couple on the tour. Then lunch was inside the Disney Gallery in which you go in the back door through Walts Door. We even got to ride in the Lilly Belle, that was neat. I think it was $39 with the AAA rate.

The Immganation to Celebration Tour, it was not as good as the Walk Tour, but the gifts are better, I thought it was dump to have a group tour pic in front of the train station. We have the pic but it isnt like i am going to frame it or anything. Then you just get a little snack pack at the end with a cookie and apple.

The imagination tour is nice, you get to skip in line for about three rides. When the wife and I went in July of last year it was Pirates, Storybookland and Buzz. The snacks were alright, but the perk was the preferred seating on the parade. I've always been fascinated with the Walk in Walt's tour.

Quote Originally Posted by JPTexan82
    I think it was $39 with the AAA rate.
    Can you get the tour tickets from AAA? If not where do you get them and how far in advance of your trip to DLR do you have to get them?
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JangoFett
    Can you get the tour tickets from AAA? If not where do you get them and how far in advance of your trip to DLR do you have to get them?
    I didn't think that triple-A discounts were available for the DLR any more. Maybe that's only true for Southern California residents, and maybe only for general park admission - I'd like clarification on that also.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I belong to AAA. I suppose it might be a good idea to call them and ask them about tours at Disneyland.

• Senior Minion

I think when I booked my last package through AAA, I got a discount on the Walk in Walt's.

It's definitely worth it, and lunch in the Gallery was terrific. We'll probably do it again when we go down in the fall.

In addition, while it's still the 50th, the Walk in Walt's gives you a special golden pin.

Walk it Walt's Footsteps is great and a must for any Disney fan (of course a lot of it depends on the guide).

I have never been on the imaginations tour...it seems awfully commercial to me. But I shouldn't pass judgement without going on it.

The third tour is Discover the Magic which is a kind of scavenger hunt through the parks with the characters. It is fantastic if you have kids who like to see the characters...it gives the guests an opportunity to interact with the characters in a fun way...the way it was intended...so they are not just autograph machines.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Do we have to make appointments for these tours ahead of time or can we just take the tour the same day we buy the tickets?

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Do we have to make appointments for these tours ahead of time or can we just take the tour the same day we buy the tickets?
    you can book 30 days before take the tours. I think that disney need about 48 hour before your tour. Some tours will fill up.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

What kind of food do they offer on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour?

• Senior Minion

They have a variety of sandwiches, I think I had the albacore tuna, which was superb; some fresh fruit; a cheesecake; and I'm thinking some kind of pasta/macaroni salad. And your choice of soft drink.

I just loved the setting, in the courtyard of the gallery--one of the best things of the entire tour.

• Disneyland Fanatic

Hi guys,
    I've also been thinking about doing a tour when we go in June...(and I just saw in my AP newsletter that you can have $10 each during June)
    I cannot find the price for the Imagination tour on the Disneyland website...does anybody know how much it is?
    Also, for those of you that have done the "Discover the magic" with your kids, was it worth it? (I'm sorry, I know that question in highly subjective but I'm just wondering what kind of "interaction" they mean: Do the characters come along or do you just meet them along the way?)
    Thanks in advance!

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

I have to ask on my husband's behalf, which tour has the girls wearing the short plaid skirts with knee socks and a riding hat I think?

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    They have a variety of sandwiches, I think I had the albacore tuna, which was superb; some fresh fruit; a cheesecake; and I'm thinking some kind of pasta/macaroni salad. And your choice of soft drink.

I just loved the setting, in the courtyard of the gallery--one of the best things of the entire tour.
    you forgot about Walt Lunch Chilies
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast