Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    • Official Mice Chat person
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    1,497

    How do I buy an AP?

    I'm going to Disneyland on wednesday and my family is highly considering buying AP's to save some money. Where do you go to buy them? Does it take long? Do they need to take your picture? Any info would be great, thanks!

  2. #2

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How do I buy an AP?

    You can just buy them at any of the Main Entry Ticket Booths.

    They will issue each of you a voucher that allows you into the park, sometime that day you need to go to the Bank of Main Street near the Park Entrance and exchange the paper voucher for the actual AP, they take your photo and issue you the plastic AP while you wait. (Each AP holder needs to go to the Bank and get their photo taken)

    The lines should be short on Wednesday, so I would say about 10 minutes or so.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  3. #3

    • Official Mice Chat person
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: How do I buy an AP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    You can just buy them at any of the Main Entry Ticket Booths.

    They will issue each of you a voucher that allows you into the park, sometime that day you need to go to the Bank of Main Street near the Park Entrance and exchange the paper voucher for the actual AP, they take your photo and issue you the plastic AP while you wait. (Each AP holder needs to go to the Bank and get their photo taken)

    The lines should be short on Wednesday, so I would say about 10 minutes or so.
    Thank you very much.

  4. #4

    • Pie > Cake
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    167

    Re: How do I buy an AP?

    You buy them at the normal ticket booths. Then you go inside Disneyland to the bank and there you need to fill out information for each persons pass. You need first and last names and addresses (then a sample of blood) lol just kidding. Depending on what day your going on it would be faster during the week to get your pass all done. The line at the bank for people getting passes gets very long. If the line is long when you are there and you don't plan on leaving Disneyland just wait toward the end of the night. There will be no line.

    Hope that helps
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)




  5. #5

    • Official Mice Chat person
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: How do I buy an AP?

    Quote Originally Posted by aluisi
    You buy them at the normal ticket booths. Then you go inside Disneyland to the bank and there you need to fill out information for each persons pass. You need first and last names and addresses (then a sample of blood) lol just kidding. Depending on what day your going on it would be faster during the week to get your pass all done. The line at the bank for people getting passes gets very long. If the line is long when you are there and you don't plan on leaving Disneyland just wait toward the end of the night. There will be no line.

    Hope that helps
    Does the bank close before the park does? Because it would be nice to get the AP's when there was no line (around when the park is closing). Also, if we happen to not get to the bank that day can re-enter the park the next day with the temporary passes?

  6. #6

    • Pie > Cake
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    167

    Re: How do I buy an AP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    Does the bank close before the park does? Because it would be nice to get the AP's when there was no line (around when the park is closing). Also, if we happen to not get to the bank that day can re-enter the park the next day with the temporary passes?
    I believe the bank stays open a hour after the park just like the stores on Main street. I might be wrong though. As for getting your pass the next day that is a question better suited for the person at the ticket booth.
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)




  7. #7

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: How do I buy an AP?

    Yes, you can enter the Park the next day with the ticket voucher (not the actual plastic AP). They WANT you to complete the transaction on the same day, but they will let you in the next day (and/or the next, etc) with just the voucher.

    What are they gonna do? Not let you in? I don't think so.

    Yes, it's best to follow the program and do it on your first visit, but don't feel that you HAVE to. Hey, things come up, so you do it the next day. No big deal.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •