Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rocket rods

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I think it was GP, I mentioned this in an earlier post- it was the first time I had ever seen one. I think it had to do with the configuration of the car- it held five people which left lots of empty seats. Our family of six always used the single rider line and never had to wait in line very long.

Now the single rider line for soarin' is another issue. I have waited in that line for over an hour!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Yeah, I think it was GP, I mentioned this in an earlier post- it was the first time I had ever seen one. I think it had to do with the configuration of the car- it held five people which left lots of empty seats. Our family of six always used the single rider line and never had to wait in line very long.

Now the single rider line for soarin' is another issue. I have waited in that line for over an hour!
    If they got the full budget, I bet the track would of been made wider and stronger. To fit a 2x5 car config. That would of made the lines go a LOT faster since it would of DOUBLED its hourly capacity. I remember the PM cars were wide enough to fit 6 people. The limit was the weight of the cars at SPEED. As it is, the PM tracks could not handle the lighter but FASTER Rocket Rod cars.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Rocket Rods, overall, was WAY better. "No lines" is I agree a bad thing...that means the ride must suck. Or people took it for granted.
    I would not say "suck", but no longer entertaining. PM was slow, and once it got over Autopia, was BORING AS HELL!!! I had ALWAYS wished the PM cars would "kick up the speed" in that section. Nothing to see much but other people having fun.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Peoplemover, even if it returns will hopefully be about 10mph. Which is comfortable, and allows you to see everything. It used to go like 3mph WAY TOO SLOW. WDW's TTA goes about 10-12mph.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Peoplemover, even if it returns will hopefully be about 10mph. Which is comfortable, and allows you to see everything. It used to go like 3mph WAY TOO SLOW. WDW's TTA goes about 10-12mph.
    Personally, I would rather have it do 10MPH through the buildings of TL (the ride elements) and 30-40MPH over Autopia. So you get both a nice dark ride, and a fact paced thrill at the end.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    Personally, I would rather have it do 10MPH through the buildings of TL (the ride elements) and 30-40MPH over Autopia. So you get both a nice dark ride, and a fact paced thrill at the end.
    Maybe they could launch it really fast like 40 MPH...of course it would have to slow way down at the curves, but it could speed back up in between...............

....hey, wait a minute.....
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Maybe they could launch it really fast like 40 MPH...of course it would have to slow way down at the curves, but it could speed back up in between...............

....hey, wait a minute.....
    Banked turns will help eliminate the harsh braking and whiplash you got from RR... Duh

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    Banked turns will help eliminate the harsh braking and whiplash you got from RR... Duh
    I will go on record as saying that if RR had been constructed properly, it would have been an awesome ride (even if the cars were a little ugly.)
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    I will go on record as saying that if RR had been constructed properly, it would have been an awesome ride (even if the cars were a little ugly.)
    Yes. Good concept, poor execution.... By penny pinching management. You can see how well that worked out for them... We lost 2 rides, and Disney lost a lot of money. Ya. Nice job saving money!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123