Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Indy Queue?

Re: New Indy Queue?

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    I agree 100% and hope they do something similar with the new Nemo sub ride. Part of the fun of some of my favorite rides are the ques and I wish they would keep that in mind when they refurb/create rides. Disney sets itself apart from other theme/amusement parks with their attention to detail and I really hope they don't lose sight of that.
    A queue can be even more than that, as Star Tours demonstrates.

It is exceedingly difficult to provide exposition via a ride-through experience. So, Star Tours uses Audio-Animatronic characters to deliver the exposition in the walk-through portion of the attraction.

In that way, the ride-through portion can focus on the rising action, climax, and falling action of the experiential narrative, and the walk-through portions can take care of the rest.

Throughout its history, Disneyland has had walk-through attractions like the Sleeping Beauty Castle and Tarzan's Treehouse dioramas, so it makes sense to think of the queues as walk-through attractions, too.

However, how much time for exposition is really required? I don't like standing in a line for longer than fifteen to twenty minutes even if it is part of the story and show.

• Disneyland Addict

I want the decoder cards back!

The decoder cards arent coming back, you can thank AT&T for that one. As for the queue, I should have been more clear. The talk is that they will be redoing the queue as to better utilize the space that we have. From what I understand, the story aspects of the queue will remain.
    Tourists. Why'd it have to be tourists?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost13
    The decoder cards arent coming back, you can thank AT&T for that one. As for the queue, I should have been more clear. The talk is that they will be redoing the queue as to better utilize the space that we have. From what I understand, the story aspects of the queue will remain.
    So they won't be adding anything to the queue? How do you think they will redo the queue? From what I understand, the line right now is pretty good in terms of filling up guests.

• Banned User

They could change the queue a bit, but leave FP please!

Indy has the best queue in the entire park. the problem is that it's too long! and they do the fast pass seperation before you ever go into the temple, so you walk quickly by the all the good stuff, and the standbyers have to wait outside.

this is a ride that could do without fastpass, even on heavy days, the line is not more than 45 minutes, and with the capacity that ride can do it should not be a problem.

If they really want to keep fastpass, they should have the fastpassers go in through the exit, and have the lines merge at the end of the long hallway, that way both lines can at least be out of the sun and it won't look crowded in Adventureland.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by superphred
    Indy has the best queue in the entire park. the problem is that it's too long! and they do the fast pass seperation before you ever go into the temple, so you walk quickly by the all the good stuff, and the standbyers have to wait outside.

this is a ride that could do without fastpass, even on heavy days, the line is not more than 45 minutes, and with the capacity that ride can do it should not be a problem.

If they really want to keep fastpass, they should have the fastpassers go in through the exit, and have the lines merge at the end of the long hallway, that way both lines can at least be out of the sun and it won't look crowded in Adventureland.

I agree, it is quite a long line! And when you've gone through it so many times, add in "boring and mundane."

I like your idea, though, of addressing the crowding issues in Adventureland - that "land" is just way too small to handle the guests it gets every day!

The idea of the FP entrance through the exit was discussed by a few CMs but we sorta agreed that it wouldnt be a good idea if the entire point of redoing the queue was making it so that you could experience it once again. As it is now, we may not even have the interior part of the queue because with FPs we only use from the Rotunda up to the station. That would eliminate the Entrance, the Choice Room, the Flooded Maze, Bamboo Canyon, the Bat Cave, the Spike Room, and the Falling Block Room from the line which isnt what we want to do.
    Tourists. Why'd it have to be tourists?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost13
    The idea of the FP entrance through the exit was discussed by a few CMs but we sorta agreed that it wouldnt be a good idea if the entire point of redoing the queue was making it so that you could experience it once again. As it is now, we may not even have the interior part of the queue because with FPs we only use from the Rotunda up to the station. That would eliminate the Entrance, the Choice Room, the Flooded Maze, Bamboo Canyon, the Bat Cave, the Spike Room, and the Falling Block Room from the line which isnt what we want to do.
    I agree that every part of the interior queue should be used. I always want to linger in there to admire the details but there's always someone behind me, telling me to hurry up.

I have a question....what is the Choice Room?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Oh thank the heavens!

I hate it when the Indy line backs up into Adventureland's walkway (as it always does). That's the real congestion, not Bengal BBQ!

I hope the queue isn't messed with too much with what they have already though. But it would be nice if the bamboo stick was either replaced or reworked somehow. It's always...flacid.

• Certified in everything

I think what they are doing there now is ridiculous because the standby portion of the line outside the temple is always very short. The fastpass people maybe miss 15min. tops of waiting time (at least when I have been there, I understand on the busiest of days it is more). I say remove fastpass or reconstruct the line differently.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    I agree that every part of the interior queue should be used. I always want to linger in there to admire the details but there's always someone behind me, telling me to hurry up.
    1. You can let people pass you. Not a big deal on a slow day.
    2. Or (not really recommended), you can try to make guests appreciate the queue by slowing them all down. It's not as if they'll get on the ride portion of the attraction any faster by walking faster or filling up the queue. There's never a car waiting for guests, unless you're determined to look at every crevice down the stairs to the platform. You'd have to go extremely slow to create empty cars. It's about a 5 minute brisk walk to the movie room, [Sallah] a required stop for safety purposes, I assure you... [/Sallah], see a movie for about a minute, then it's on to the cars.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    1. You can let people pass you. Not a big deal on a slow day.
    2. Or (not really recommended), you can try to make guests appreciate the queue by slowing them all down. It's not as if they'll get on the ride portion of the attraction any faster by walking faster or filling up the queue. There's never a car waiting for guests, unless you're determined to look at every crevice down the stairs to the platform. You'd have to go extremely slow to create empty cars. It's about a 5 minute brisk walk to the movie room, [Sallah] a required stop for safety purposes, I assure you... [/Sallah], see a movie for about a minute, then it's on to the cars.
    I've tried both and have gotten responses such as,

1. "It's just a ride...who cares about the story"
    2. "Why do you care so much about the queue?"

These were said to me during the entrance of the temple, while I stopped to look at the mural and the obelisk.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Momeraths
    I like the fast passes... but, that's probably because I'm a big user of them... and I hate waiting!

Hmmm...Last time I was on Indy...a month or so ago, I noticed that the fast passes really didn't seem to save people that much time. The cut in point is just at the entrance to the tunnel, isn't it? So...I'm thinking...big whup. You still have a solid 25 minute wait from that point on. This is one attraction that I think would benefit from losing the fast pass.

• Minion

A lot of classic attractions have gotten their Fastpass system out, so Indy may be next. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Star Tours.......the only effective one I know of is Splash Mountain.

If Fastpass for Indy is removed, wouldn't that involve a lot of work? The attraction sign would have to be taken down and fixed so that the Fastpass return time is gone and only the wait time is shown.

The Fastpass distribution area would have to be taken down and fixed to more stroller space?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast