• CA Lvr...TX H8r

What happened to Rock-It Mountain?

Does any one know what ever happened to that whole Rock-It Mountain thing? I havent heard anything new. Are they going to open it at all? If they are, when? I would totally go on it.

• love my friends

Re: What happened to Rock-It Mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by captain sparrow
    Does any one know what ever happened to that whole Rock-It Mountain thing? I havent heard anything new. Are they going to open it at all? If they are, when? I would totally go on it.
    They have it right now, but it is only open on Grad night for somre reason. They said they were going to open it for this summer but now they have changed the plans.. and it wont be opening.. (this is what I heard anyways)... we shall see if they do open it during the summer, but I highly doubt it

Friends for life

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Basically it was dropped for the time being in favor of opening Space Mountain months early. Disney had already promised it as apart of Grad Nights, so an apparently underwhelming experience is open. Check out Al's columns and this forum (search: RockIt Mountain) for more information.

• Looking for Love

Personally, I'm glad that TDA decided to kill it off completely....I think it was a horrible idea to start. What does hoobastank and rocketmountain have anything to do with Disney themeing?!? NOTHING!.....And one more thing...who the heck picks Hoobastank to do music for Disney....ugh...One more reason to not ride rockitmountain. Hoobastank sucks. IMHO

• Closed Account

They won't do it this summer. There is NO WAY they are going to shut down Space Mountain for 30 minutes to cycle out the ride when there is a three hour line outside.

• 'splosions

Cast Members are getting a preview next month
    PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
    Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
    3DS: 3050-7580-4526

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    Personally, I'm glad that TDA decided to kill it off completely....I think it was a horrible idea to start. What does hoobastank and rocketmountain have anything to do with Disney themeing?!? NOTHING!.....And one more thing...who the heck picks Hoobastank to do music for Disney....ugh...One more reason to not ride rockitmountain. Hoobastank sucks. IMHO
    It is funny that you feel that way because Lincoln, Nebraska was all a-twitter last summer when Hoobastank agreed to play at the State Fair. I admit, I was impressed that a non-country group I had heard of was playing but when we actually heard them my opinion changed. I am not sure if it was because it was an outdoor theater or if they just suck but it was terrible! One of our friends that went with us had never heard one of their songs and felt that he really had not missed out on anything!

Anyway, back on topic I agree that from what I have read on this site and others, Space Mountain is better off without the "upgrade".

• rebmeM roinuJ

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte
    They won't do it this summer. There is NO WAY they are going to shut down Space Mountain for 30 minutes to cycle out the ride when there is a three hour line outside.
    yeah i was gonna throw that in here too. it just wouldnt be practical, it would be rediculous to shut down any ride for half an hour. and after hearing what its like i dont think i'd enjoy it. it sounded cool at first untill i heard specific details.

• Disneyland Historian

Has anyone else noticed that the strobe lights on the Space Mountain exterior have been turned back on again? I think this is a sure sign that Rockit Mountain will not be revealed this summer. These lights were used for the first few months Space was open last year and then turned off, likely to wait to be used to draw attention to Rockit Mountain. Now that they are back on at night, I take it as a sign that Rockit Mountain is not to come.

• Vehicle rotating backward

^^^^ I saw no strobes Tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    If any RockIt Mountain opens, it won't have Hoobastank and it probably won't have Grad Night dialogue dispersed throughout ("we've been cleared to graduate to the next level!")

Grad Night's RockIt Mountain does NOTHING with the big meteor at the top, after all, so you might as well consider the whole ride non-existant unless you're actually going to the party.