Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• It's all nonsense

Telltale signs that your day at DL might not be too magical

Have you ever overheard someone talking, seen something, or had something happen to you that is a sign that they/you might not have that magical of a day at DL?

I find this subject interesting because my last trip I overheard a woman asking her husband "Honey, do you know where I put the stroller?". Definitely a sign that you might not feel all the magic.

• Oh bother!

Re: Telltale signs that your day at DL might not be too magical

Last September there was a family of 4 ahead of us in the entrance line (mom, dad and 2 kids) except they had 4 child passes.
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by hoppypooh
    Last September there was a family of 4 ahead of us in the entrance line (mom, dad and 2 kids) except they had 4 child passes.
    Oh my Martin Luther King.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's all about the attitude. Have a positive one.

• Regular Newbie :)

you know its going to be a crappy day when your boyfriend picks a fight with you about nothing right before you get there... I've had that happen to me before

• Back After Missing MC

I have a not-so-magical story to share from my last trip to the Magic Kingdom...

I had the great opportunity to spend Christmas in Disneyland with my husband and family (dad, mom, sister, and brother) this past year. My brother's 17th birthday was a few days before we left on the trip so we had all pooled our money and surprized him with a PSP so he could play it in the park while in line and even network with my husband on his PSP and play games against each other. He was so excited and every chance he could find he would be on the game unit playing or listening to music. One evening my husband, mom, and I wanted to ride Space Mountain and my brother did not so he said he would meet us over at Innoventions after we got off the coaster. We had been in line for about an hour and were halfway through watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on my husband's PSP when we got a frantic call from my brother. He had the PSP in his back pocket with headphones connected under his sweatshirt. He took his headphones off for a split second to take off his sweatshirt and when he felt back for his PSP it was gone! We checked with every lost and found station but all CM's told us it was a lost cause and they have a lot of pickpocketing around the holidays due to the increased crowds. It was a really sad day for my brother and I thought it was pretty weak that someone would actually come to DL to target tourists for theft. We all felt pretty down about it and it did take a little of the magic out of the evening. My brother was a trooper and in the end the story does have a happy ending. My mom had charged the gift on her credit card and they covered theft so my brother did get another PSP. The moral of the story? Not everyone at the Happiest Place on Earth is there to just be happy...

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    I have a not-so-magical story to share from my last trip to the Magic Kingdom...

I had the great opportunity to spend Christmas in Disneyland with my husband and family (dad, mom, sister, and brother) this past year. My brother's 17th birthday was a few days before we left on the trip so we had all pooled our money and surprized him with a PSP so he could play it in the park while in line and even network with my husband on his PSP and play games against each other. He was so excited and every chance he could find he would be on the game unit playing or listening to music. One evening my husband, mom, and I wanted to ride Space Mountain and my brother did not so he said he would meet us over at Innoventions after we got off the coaster. We had been in line for about an hour and were halfway through watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on my husband's PSP when we got a frantic call from my brother. He had the PSP in his back pocket with headphones connected under his sweatshirt. He took his headphones off for a split second to take off his sweatshirt and when he felt back for his PSP it was gone! We checked with every lost and found station but all CM's told us it was a lost cause and they have a lot of pickpocketing around the holidays due to the increased crowds. It was a really sad day for my brother and I thought it was pretty weak that someone would actually come to DL to target tourists for theft. We all felt pretty down about it and it did take a little of the magic out of the evening. My brother was a trooper and in the end the story does have a happy ending. My mom had charged the gift on her credit card and they covered theft so my brother did get another PSP. The moral of the story? Not everyone at the Happiest Place on Earth is there to just be happy...
    Uhm, forgive me if this is a dumb question, but why would one need a PSP at a Disney Resort? Is there some new strand of "Super ADD" where you have to be acutely entertained while in line for an exciting attraction? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for games, PSPs, etc. but bringing it to DLR? I guess I just don't get it.

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    Uhm, forgive me if this is a dumb question, but why would one need a PSP at a Disney Resort? Is there some new strand of "Super ADD" where you have to be acutely entertained while in line for an exciting attraction? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for games, PSPs, etc. but bringing it to DLR? I guess I just don't get it.
    I can understand what you are saying and to be honest I agree with you that Disneyland is enough entertainment. We had fun watching Christmas movies on it but used it very little overall on our trip (it did come in handy when the Matterhorn went down and we were stuck in line for longer than expected). However, my brother is a bit wary of some of the rides and spends a lot of time waiting on the rest of us. He also likes to take music with him so he thought it was really neat to be able to take it in the park. I know if you are going to take something of value with you on vacation you have to watch it extra close but I was just sharing my story on a day that had some magic taken out of it at the park.

• love my friends

wow that was aweful.. people can be so cruel.. stealing at dinseyland.. MAN how low can you get

I am glad he got another one though

Friends for life

• Minion

When you get stuck behind someone at the Mickey and Friends parking structure entrance playing 20 questions with the CM on duty while the other lines are easily and quickly driving past you and you can't move because you are next in line. That's a good sign that it's going to be one of those days.

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    wow that was aweful.. people can be so cruel.. stealing at dinseyland.. MAN how low can you get

I am glad he got another one though
    Thanks

I agree that people stealing at DL are pretty low but I guess there are crazies no matter where you go, it was just sad to see that type of "reality" in such a dream world.

</IMG>

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    I agree with you on this one. I regularly see people with laptops in the park. I don't know if they have a really good reason for using them but the most outrageous time I saw one being used was on Pirates. Luckly he didn't leave it on for long but still. What in the world can be that important that you need to stay connected? You are supposed to come to Disneyland to get unconnected from the regular daily life outside the park. I guess some people can't let go.

• Who's your DaddyB?

When the CM at the turnstile SLAMS the gate for wheelchairs and strollers on your daughters feet because the folks ahead of us had gone through and he hadn't taken our passes yet to swipe... even though I was holding them out to him (it was one of those double long strollers and much longer than my arm).

I can understand not getting too close, and I could easily live with a "hold on a moment" while he held the gate shut, even asking us to back up a little BEFORE closing the gate on my kid's leg... but he really SLAMMED it with enough force that it moved the stroller backwards out of my hands, making my 2 year old cry.

It's not like I was trying to bust my way through the gates!

Then there was the time that the CM at the turnstile ARGUED with me and my daughter that she was older than 3 and had to have a pass to get in. At the time I didn't keep an ID with me for her age, but really. Where does customer service go to at the turnstiles?

edit:
    Both times I got their names, complained verbally to the gate managers, AND went to City Hall and wrote out complaints using the names of the person and their manager.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb
    When the CM at the turnstile SLAMS the gate for wheelchairs and strollers on your daughters feet because the folks ahead of us had gone through and he hadn't taken our passes yet to swipe... even though I was holding them out to him (it was one of those double long strollers and much longer than my arm).

I can understand not getting too close, and I could easily live with a "hold on a moment" while he held the gate shut, even asking us to back up a little BEFORE closing the gate on my kid's leg... but he really SLAMMED it with enough force that it moved the stroller backwards out of my hands, making my 2 year old cry.

It's not like I was trying to bust my way through the gates!

Then there was the time that the CM at the turnstile ARGUED with me and my daughter that she was older than 3 and had to have a pass to get in. At the time I didn't keep an ID with me for her age, but really. Where does customer service go to at the turnstiles?

edit:
    Both times I got their names, complained verbally to the gate managers, AND went to City Hall and wrote out complaints using the names of the person and their manager.
    That is terrible! I know they deal with a lot of people pushing and shoving but that is no reason to be so obviously rude. I feel you handled the situation correctly by taking your complaint to City Hall instead of just making a scene and yelling at the CM. If management is made aware of this type of treatment then they can try to keep it to a minimum.

• I'm your huckleberry.

And this is just one of the reasons why my daughter is not allowed to bring her DS into the Park.

A sign that you're going to have a bad day? One word.... sunburn.

But its okay... nothing can happen at Disneyland that a DoleWhip and a sing-along in the Tiki Room can't fix. Ah, the magic of Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast