Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots
    In Disneyland Paris, they're now selling thongs with Disney characters on. And it was really the sexiest kind, very Victoria's Secret-ish. Puts the Jessica Rabbit shirt into perspective...

Anyway, I don't mind. Who cares if it's "inappropriate", what does that mean anyway. I mean I'll back you up when they bring in a full-blown Hooters location, but this is just subtle pun. Kids won't get it, adults think it's amusing.
    I think thong panties are worse than this shirt. I don't think it's tacky, I think it's pretty funny, and appropriate for Jessica.

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    I think thong panties are worse than this shirt. I don't think it's tacky, I think it's pretty funny, and appropriate for Jessica.

I think you're right -- it is appropriate for the character. And funny as hell.

Are these shirts in children's sizes, or are they only sold in adult sizes? I think that makes a difference.

I would much rather see adults wearing a shirt with a risque slogan at Disneyland than see hordes of 14-year olds with their thongs sticking out of the back of their too-low pants.

• Banned User

Who cares about the shirts...Repainting the astro orbitor is all that matters

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    Does anyone think they may just repaint Astro Orbitor in time for the 50th? I didnt think so before but now that their painting the queue they just might get around to it!
    That would be a pretty complex task and I think we may be getting a little too close. That said, however, I feel pretty confident that a new paint job is in the future.

Thanks for all the great photos! I especially liked the sun in the AP area. When we were there a couple of months ago, that area was looking especially tired. As we wandered around TL, I particularly remember thinking how out of place the gold entrance walls were and how they looked so much nicer before. I remember them as silver. I'll gladly take white!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots
    In Disneyland Paris, they're now selling thongs with Disney characters on. And it was really the sexiest kind, very Victoria's Secret-ish. Puts the Jessica Rabbit shirt into perspective...
    Ahhhh... those high-spirited Parisians! The next thing you know, they will be selling naughty postcards!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Ranger

Evil:

Thank you for the very nice update. Great pics.

As far as the Jessica Rabbit thing, On the face of it, these logos are not over the top especially relative to what we see everyday. I have to agree though, that it is inappropriate.

The standard I apply is the old "Would Walt have approved?" I realize many are going to say that I need to "get real" or "join the 21st century". However, isn't that why we have Disneyland? To escape reality? To go to a world that is simpler and not fraught with the daily turmoil of the 21st century?

• Still wants to be a cat!

Thanks for the pics, was there yesterday also. You always keep us posted inbetween Al's articles! Much appreciated.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by mouseboy55
    Evil:

Thank you for the very nice update. Great pics.

As far as the Jessica Rabbit thing, On the face of it, these logos are not over the top especially relative to what we see everyday. I have to agree though, that it is inappropriate.

The standard I apply is the old "Would Walt have approved?" I realize many are going to say that I need to "get real" or "join the 21st century". However, isn't that why we have Disneyland? To escape reality? To go to a world that is simpler and not fraught with the daily turmoil of the 21st century?
    Well, I dont' know that Walt would have approved of the entire concept of the film "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Mostly due to its turning cartoons into adults with adult problems. He wanted cartoons for everyone, and Roger Rabbit's characters arguably are not. It's not the shirt itself that's the problem, it's the creation of the film fifteen years ago.

But oh well, that's already been done, so might as well market it.

• is satisfactual.

Yeah, I agree. And Jessica was obviously created as a sassy, sexy character, so what are they supposed to do with her merchandise? They can't very well put her on T-shirts smiling cheesily and looking at the castle with jazz hands. She isn't Minnie Mouse.

• Where's my other cent?

This is loosely related to the thread. I was at DL on saturday, and the work that they have done on Main Street was amazing. It was so vibrant and clean, I've never seen it like that.

About TL, has anyone else noticed the paint splotches on the PM track? There are certain spots where it looks like the paint sprayer got away from them. Anyone have details about this, or notice it at all?

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    I don't think the shirt is that big of a deal...tasteless? maybe a bit, but it's all good clean fun. It's suggestive but they also sell prostitutes on Pirates of the Caribbean and have a painting of a woman where the only thing covering her chest is her hair. And Walt planned that!

Other than that, the other pics are awesome...I love the new sun painting--they really seem to be making all of the final preparations for Space to open, which is good. I am sure the new Monster's facade will be ready by July, if not May...they certainly won't want a tacky white front in place by summer (I don't think removing the construction wall is that big of a deal...this is not a congested area, with it being between a closed Millionaire building and a closed Hollywood and Dine). Hopefully they put some pictures on the Nemo construction wall in time for the 50th, so there is something to look at...I'm kinda surprised that they are going to have such a huge wall up for the duration of the 50th...

I like the new gold light poles
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    I don't think the shirt is that big of a deal...tasteless? maybe a bit, but it's all good clean fun. It's suggestive but they also sell prostitutes on Pirates of the Caribbean and have a painting of a woman where the only thing covering her chest is her hair. And Walt planned that!
    *shows off her icon*

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Yes, those shirts are a little, um, risque to be sold in the park for my taste (says the girl with the same avatar!) But I am sure it is a hit with most men, my husband will want one for sure!

Thanks for the great pics- you never dissapoint!
    I have seen worse.... go to WDW and find some of her lattest shirts....

Oh and brilliant photos...

• Baybeh!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob66
    Then again, a talented band that knows what it's doing would also be nice.
    Anyone know how to book bands at Disneyland?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast