Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• wasting time

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    Does anyone think they may just repaint Astro Orbitor in time for the 50th? I didnt think so before but now that their painting the queue they just might get around to it!
    From what I've heard the Astro Orbiter & Observatron will retain the same color scheme and are part of (or) the reason why some of the gold paint remains throughout the land.

• Rainicorn.

Thanks for the update EM! How many refurbs are they doing? ...seems like it's all over the park, which is nice.

Well, you know, certain parts of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" are totally inappropriate for children. I'm okay with the shirt, as long as they're not marketing it to children. If they were, that would be a little too much.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Inappropriate

Great update! I loved it! As for the Jessica Rabbit shirts, i say meh. No complaint. Sure a little tasteless, but only for those of us who understand the innuendo. I don't think it really crosses a line...barely.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Disneyana Refurbishment

Disneyeana should be closed through the 14th. They are installing new carpet, nothing else spectacular.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Slutty JR merch

The Jessica merch slowly started spouting up around Jan./Feb. Initially it the in the form of a baseball cap that in DL at least was really only available in Castle Brothers (part of Clothiers) and Gag Factory if I'm not mistaken. It was a hawaiin and had a reference to 'big boards' and such. Many of the cast members thought this was wholely inapporpriate (I can see it in Castle Bros., it's basically a Men's Warehouse on Main Street, but Toontown? Just down the street from Mickey and Minnie's houses). However, no one has heard a peep from the guests, and supposedly the merch continues to sell.
    Thus later on a JR hawaiin shirt appeared, and now this National Park has appeared. I believe the whole enterprise should be tossed over DCA, which has a more mature audience (less kiddie rides, no princesses really, alcohol), rather than nestled in the magic kingdom
    However, the line keeps expanding- and many cast members are just as disturbed at this trend- first really noticed during Xmas with Tink in her super-sexy santa outfit everywhere and constant shots of her a** on many hundreds of pieces of merchandise. I hated to sound like such a prude, but Disneyland should be more G-rated than this.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• FastPass n00b

Great photo update, EM, thanks a bunch. It is so nice to have live music back in Tomorrowland once again, even if the cover bands aren't that great yet. I'm sure in time they'll find better bands because the pre-1998 bands were always really great and added such a vibrance and euphoria to Tomorrowland. There really is nothing like music performed live, especially when it's in Disneyland and everyone's having a good time.

This is one more step that Tomorrowland has taken to return it to its former glory. Between the fabulous new paint job, improved Space Mountain, incredibly awesome murals, new Buzz and sub ride and now live music, I feel Tomorrowland will be wowing people once again by 2007. Now, if they refrain from building a Cars-themed ride (from the upcoming Pixar movie) on the PeopleMover track, things will pretty much be back to normal.

Because the Nemo ride will be encapsulated in individual boxes, perhaps it will be easy to remove the show scenes and replace them with something more universal after Nemo is long-forgotten. My idea (and it's definitely been suggested before) would be Atlantis where you could have extremely elaborate sets showing a once-affluent civilization frozen in time in the depths of the sea. The possibilities are endless since it's a mythical civilization that no one knows how it really looks. And make it like a search where you "dive", just like in the Submarine Voyage, but make it purposeful like you have a quest to find it. And along the way you find trouble (tame enough for even the smallest children of course) and then hit the ride's climax by "finding" Atlantis and making it more beautiful than anyone could imagine. The imagination boggles at the possibilities...which is why Nemo is so anti-climatic. I mean, what direction could you *possibly* go with that theme that's imaginative and creative as Atlantis?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234