Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• wasting time

Disneyland Photo Update (April 12, 2005)

Hello again everyone!

This past week I've been too busy to go to the park & take photos of the latest construction work but today I had the day off after going to a Garbage concert last night at the Wiltern in L.A. So, here I am with a fresh batch of pics to share with everyone!

The stroller & wheelchair rental center has been temporarily relocated while the building is refurbished

Al mentioned in his latest update that the DLRR will be closing to repair a stretch of track near Critter Country. It appears they've already begun. Today the cast members were telling guests the DLRR will be closed through next week.

The lampposts are being painted gold for the upcoming 50th anniversary.

The Disneyana store on Main Street is currently closed but I don't know why.

The Mark Twain is closed for refurbishment again. It appears to be receiving additional gold paint.

Anyone else notice something that's been missing from the Bat En Rogue ?

In ToonTown Goofy's Bounce House closed for refurbishment. By coincidence it closed the day Al ran his previous update.

The water fountain nearby is being refurbished as well.

The Motorboat Cruise area has been drained. Let's hope the folks at TDA plan to do more than just clean the water.

I believe this is the holding tank for that murky water.

The walls finally went up around the sub lagoon.

Innoventions is still being repainted.

Over by the Starcade there are new exit signs for Space Mountain

As I ate lunch at the PizzaPort I noticed a few areas of the Space Mountain queue being repainted blue.

Over by the Annual Passport Processing Center (Space Mtn. exit) one of the walls now has the sun painted on it.

A portion of the walkway below the Peoplemover platform is covered in tarps.

The Tomorrowland '98 mural was replaced overnight w/ a brand new one that features Space Mountain space stations & rockets.

If you look carefully you can see the the old mural underneath the new one.

The Astro Orbiter queue is being repainted. The ride still operating but the queue has been temporarily moved to the south side of the attraction.

The walls by the entrance of the land have been repainted a creamy white color.

The rocket infront of the Pizza Port is being repainted (is there anything in Tomorrowland that's NOT being repainted ?)

Club Buzz has been refurbished. The stage show is gone but the name remains.

The stage show has been replaced by daytime cover bands. This particular one called " Party Central " was really bad. When they performed a cover of Holiday (sung by Madonna in 1983) the girl singing the lead got the words wrong & the guys singing harmony were singing different lyrics than she was. Eesh!

The snake from Indy appears to be under refurbishment. I spotted it while riding the Monorail.

In DCA the facade for Monsters Inc is starting to get a little bit of color.

Now you're up to speed!

Now, a complaint:

When I went into one of the shops I noticed this particular Jessica Rabbit shirt for sale. I know she's supposed to be a sexy character but I could help feeling that this particular shirt was a bit inappropriate for a family audience.

What do you think ?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Yes, those shirts are a little, um, risque to be sold in the park for my taste (says the girl with the same avatar!) But I am sure it is a hit with most men, my husband will want one for sure!

Thanks for the great pics- you never dissapoint!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• CM for 4 years!

I was in the park tonight, and alwso asked about the DLRR.... conductor even let me know that yes, they are repairing that stretch of track in Critter Country/Toontown. Try taking that train at night when you don't know the track's broke beforehand. It's pitch black for a full five minutes!

Missed the new light poles, but was able to let a couple tourists staying in the hotel know that they might have tested the new fireworks show tonight at 9:15.

In Splash Mountain, they really ought to either completely remove the old "photo owl" at the end, or make him show photos again. And they need to make showing boobies on the ride, a park removal offense...

• Minion

Great photos! Thanks for the update!

I think the Jessica Rabbit shirt is just risque enough without being tawdry.

I also think they need to get bands at Club Tomorrowland Terrace Buzz to wear something besides what they'd wear while puttering around their garage on a Sunday afternoon. Maybe not gold spandex, but something a little more presentable is in order. Then again, a talented band that knows what it's doing would also be nice.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Wow. Amazing update! Thanks so much.

I'm quite disappointed that the whole "Club Buzz" theme is still sticking around. And its even more disappointing that the stage hosts terrible bands now... I'm sure Disney could find something, anything thats worthwhile...
    And I just love how the pink on the stage just clashes like nothing else. yikes.

I agree with the Jessica Rabbit shirt... Although, I even find the part of the queue where she walks be the window and all you see is her sillhouette to be a little much, especially for a ride thats very popular with the little ones. But whatever, I'd rather see that then a PC-friendly version or whatever.
    I really also dislike the merch that Disney is coming out with lately... All of the Grumpy shirts are, well, frankly annoying.. the Yoda "Pull My Finger" shirt that's in Star Traders is just tasteless and doesn't make any sense... And is it me, or is Tinkerbell getting sluttier and sluttier nowadays?

Nevertheless, the improvements around the parks are more than welcome and I just love Tomorrowland now. It just keeps getting better and better. After the subs, all we'll need is a PeopleMover, and Tomorrowland will be on-the-move and just plain great again.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 04-12-2005 at 09:08 PM.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Great pictures oh Evil one!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

Excellent photos!
    As for the Jessica Rabbit, shirt I think Disney is just trying to be hip with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Yes, those shirts are a little, um, risque to be sold in the park for my taste (says the girl with the same avatar!) But I am sure it is a hit with most men, my husband will want one for sure!

Thanks for the great pics- you never dissapoint!
    No, I'm with you on this one. It's something you might see at Spencer's Gifts at the mall, but it's a little tasteless for Disneyland. It's not even that good of a use of the Jessica Rabbit character.

• Former leftist media hack

thanks for the pics!

About the Jessica shirt: They've had that at DCA in the store near Paradise Pier since at least February (that's when I saw them). I own the other Jessica shirt for the Patty-Cake Club (my wife loved the lipstick on the collar). But when I saw this one, we both said it just gets a little too close to being one of those "Big Johnson" shirts from a few years ago.

It's not offensive, just a touch tacky.

Oh, and Master Gracey, the Yoda shirt is not a Disney shirt. I know it's at Disneyland, but all the Star Wars shirts are SW-branded stuff that's just sold at DLR. I think the shirt is stupid, and I'm a HUGE SW guy. I've always wondered what deal Disney/Lucas made to give him that store for all eternity.

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/pro...ategory_id=306
    "I just want to say, this is the best trip ever." - Aidan at age 4

"No. I have no kiss in my mouth for Daddy." -Alida on Father's Day

• Banned User

Trail Rides? Big Peaks? My god, the person that came up with that design needs to be fired. If they were selling that at Urban Outfitters it would be appropriate, but not at Disneyland.

• Senior Minion

Nice photos Evil!! Especially the shot of the Mural. Nice.

I saw that shirt last month, it was quite questionable.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    The snake from Indy appears to be under refurbishment. I spotted it while riding the Monorail.
    I believe that's the old, faker looking snake. It's been back there since the new one was put in.
    Ethically reprehensible, yet fiscally sound.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    Trail Rides? Big Peaks? My god, the person that came up with that design needs to be fired. If they were selling that at Urban Outfitters it would be appropriate, but not at Disneyland.
    DERAIL: And don't forget about Abercrombie & Fitch. END DERAIL.
    Last edited by Modern Folly; 04-12-2005 at 10:10 PM. Reason: derail

• Minion

I keep waiting for that old snake to show up on ebay! He's been sitting out there for at least a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    But when I saw this one, we both said it just gets a little too close to being one of those "Big Johnson" shirts from a few years ago.
    What he said.

And though I, like the rest of you, am disappointed to see that Club Buzz is still...Club Buzz, I recommend that we count our blessings and rejoice that it's no longer "Lightyear's Above The Rest."

<voice="Comic Book Guy">Worst...contraction...ever.</voice>
    Eric Dean

[Countdown=&day=12&month=5&year=2005&hour=12&min=20 &sec=55]Getting off this dead volcano and back to California in:[/countdown]

"Welcome aboard, friends. This is Captain Collins. Now, first let me assure you that TWA has taken every precaution for your safety during this flight. We're proud of our safety record, and aside from a few brief moments of weightlessness, you'll suffer no discomfort in outer space."
    --from Rocket to the Moon

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast