Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: TSI's Burning Cabin?

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    I'm not a he. And I already have a degree in history, thank you.
    A piece of paper means diddly squat when it comes to knowledge. Just like phoney doctors that have a degree but know absolutely nothing about their profession.

• Animatronic

It was originally "encroached on injun territory" or some such thing, then it was "got drunk making moonshine and tripped and hit his head while his moonshine equipment malfunctioned setting his cabin ablaze" or something just as silly, then it was "man needs to watch his kettle for he may accidently harm innocent nature like that bald eagle".. in other words, the explaination kept getting more and more unlikely, off theme, and comical.

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    The Rivers of America is themed to the "Hard facts which made America"
    But whose facts? There are some "hard facts" that include European conquest of North America that never seem to have gotten any play at all, even when things were "cleaned up." It's because it's not politically correct to say that European colonists did anything wrong. Those, my friend, are the "hard facts." The ones that are sometimes toughest to face while saying to someone else, "get over it."

The message becomes, "This is what our European forefathers had to contend with when they came over here" and that defense of your rights and your land is tantamount to the invasion itself. Is that right, in your view?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider
    But whose facts? There are some "hard facts" that include European conquest of North America that never seem to have gotten any play at all, even when things were "cleaned up." It's because it's not politically correct to say that European colonists did anything wrong. Those, my friend, are the "hard facts." The ones that are sometimes toughest to face while saying to someone else, "get over it."

The message becomes, "This is what our European forefathers had to contend with when they came over here" and that defense of your rights and your land is tantamount to the invasion itself. Is that right, in your view?
    Who said we disagreed with showing that the settlers were bad too? I mean they don't exactly pretend that the settlers were not waging war too with that fort filled with rifle guns on the island.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 05-31-2006 at 04:30 PM.

• Banned User

Disneyfreak, what are you trying to get out of this argument?

a_hyperbole has made some really good points in this thread.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Disneyfreak, what are you trying to get out of this argument?

a_hyperbole has made some really good points in this thread.
    What points? Inaccurate ones that were sugar coated? Saying that the settlers were the ones who did "most" of the war waging? Saying I am a racist for believeing both sides did just as much to each other?
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 05-31-2006 at 04:58 PM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

ADMIN NOTE:
    Let's keep this thread on track. It isn't necessary to turn a thread like this into a heated debate. Also, a reminder not to attack other members. I ask for the community's help in moderating themselves, otherwise, this thread will have to be moved to the Debate Lounge or Litter Box.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• ROFLCOPTER!

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    Now if you wanted to get really politically correct, plush toys don't have many adventures. It's a complete miss-representation and must be stopped!
    ....They don't? Everything is a lie! A complete lie! [smilie=8,4,18]

• Rawr...

Needless to say, this is not the PC board. We just want the cabin on fire again. Doesnt need to be attacked by indians, doesnt need to threaten an eagle, just set the durn thing on fire again. I, personally, blame Warner Brothers for sparking the blaze.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Perhaps it was a troublesome maintence problem, so Pressler and Harris in keeping with their style of eliminating all joy from Disneyland decided to put out the fire. But now that they're gone I don't see why they don't light it back on fire.

I hope to see it lit again sometime soon though.

When did they extinguish the fire? I remember seeing it as a kid but haven't seen it in years.

www.magicalhotel.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

In the end I think the real problem with this whole thing is that historically this was one-sided, as many things are. No group in history is completely innocent, but biases oftentimes attempt to deem otherwise. This is why we have to research before we make any assumptions or accusations. We should also remember that those who stir up trouble tend to be fewer individuals than the majority of whatever group it is. It's all bias and the society of the times that alters the truth, whatever it is.

I'm rather surprised that Disneyland had that settler there with the arrow in his back. That is going too far, IMO. Actually, no, I'm not surprised...looking at what time period this was implemented.

Trying to compare this with PotC and the changes that were made, one could not see "the worst possible end result" you might say. Meaning, those that were offended assumed that the women were being raped, even though they were smiling and giggling, and even though it wasn't only one gender chasing the other. Whereas with the cabin, the white settler dead with an arrow in his back says the whole story quite clearly. IMO, if the dead settler is gone, and the cabin is burning, I don't think it should be deemed offensive, as it could have gone up in flames for many different reasons.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer

I'm assuming that's the guy (on the left) who was shot with an Indian arrow.
    I think the dead guy gives the cabin some good ol' bloody class!

• Bear Country Refugee

Quote Originally Posted by StitchTT6
    Here is a pic of the cabin form 2 weeks ago!! With a few visitors!!!

Do you have a larger, higher resolution copy of this picture? I would love to get a closer look at those good looking... um... props. yeah... the props around the cabin.... That's what I mean...
    "The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion. " -George Washington

• Disney worshipper/geek

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    In the end I think the real problem with this whole thing is that historically this was one-sided, as many things are. No group in history is completely innocent, but biases oftentimes attempt to deem otherwise. This is why we have to research before we make any assumptions or accusations. We should also remember that those who stir up trouble tend to be fewer individuals than the majority of whatever group it is. It's all bias and the society of the times that alters the truth, whatever it is.

I'm rather surprised that Disneyland had that settler there with the arrow in his back. That is going too far, IMO. Actually, no, I'm not surprised...looking at what time period this was implemented.

Trying to compare this with PotC and the changes that were made, one could not see "the worst possible end result" you might say. Meaning, those that were offended assumed that the women were being raped, even though they were smiling and giggling, and even though it wasn't only one gender chasing the other. Whereas with the cabin, the white settler dead with an arrow in his back says the whole story quite clearly. IMO, if the dead settler is gone, and the cabin is burning, I don't think it should be deemed offensive, as it could have gone up in flames for many different reasons.
    Right with you there! I mean, maybe it does have to do with the education system, I don't know. I don't think (though I could be wrong) that it would automatically be that that the settler was innocently murdered. I guess I might have thought, "Gosh, he really must havedone something to tick off those Indians." But that's just me. I agree that no one is really innocent. I just finished a stupid American Cultures class that deemed Whites to be completely evil and minorities perfect, attempting to equalize that balance. Now is that really equality?

Sorry to continue the rant, just needed my two cents. Here's the point: everyone is wrong at some point, everyone acts in a negative matter at some point, that is human nature.

I agree thought that it should come back. I remember seeing it when I was little and now it just sorta looks weird and outta place to me...
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast