Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Santa Barbara, CA

Re: And now... America Sings!!! Images from 1976

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Totally agree! Tired of seeing empty shells of a ride that has past. (Peoplemover -Example)

Oh Gee, what's that overhead?

I think he means that Carousel of Progress was great and Sings was a pig. If not, that's what i think.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Theme Park Advocate

Thanks Oogie for posting the America Sings pictures, they brought back so many memories. America Sings and its predicessor have always been in my top perferd attractions. As a child and up until my teens I listened to the America Sings LP, nearly wearing out the grouve, untill an accident melted the record. America Sings to this day, in my mind, expresses what was amazing about Disneyland and America.

Oh and Barry, the last time I was at the Magic Kingdom over "spring break" my friend and I rode the Carousel of Progress, well to make a long story short the theater would not rotate and we were stuck in Valentiens day 3 1/2 loops. The entire time all I could think of was the sad incident that occured on America Sings.
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces
    Do you have a website where all these old pictures are catalogued ????
    There is a website dedicated to attractions no longer at the park. There are some pictures of the attractions and a lot of background info.

http://www.yesterland.com/

Awesome pics!! I loved America Sings, I loved Carrosel of Progress and yes... I loved Bear Country Jamboree. Maybe thats what they should of done with DCA... put in some of the cool stuff thats no longer in Disneyland.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• keep moving forward...

ok...now i know where these figures went after the ride closed...and until this i thought the vultures at the end of splash were actually IN song of the south...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces
    Yes, and the whole thing was in "Stereo" which was a big deal back then. "Hi-Fidelity" was considered very technologically advanced for the time, and they alternated speakers depending on which side the music came from.

I remember when they removed it, they promised it would return. Yeah, well, who knew they meant piecemeal in Splash, etc.....???

Then again, I'm still waiting for the Carousel of Progress to return, as promised.......

.....Walt's favorite attraction does belong at his home Park!

P.S. Do you have any pictures of "Nature's Wonderland" ????

Do you have a website where all these old pictures are catalogued ????

Nope. No website. I have them all on disk and on my computer. I scanned the pictures and my sister in law scanned the slides.

I do have another thread called Oogies Retro Picture thread that I have some older images on (thanks to the various websites listed there for posting such great pictures) and I have a thread for late 60's early 70's Frontierland pictures that have some Natures Wonderland shots there as well.

Oogie
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

when i asked my mom what it was a few years back she simply told me "ride splash mountain an you'll find out" i did and couldn't understand what she meant.... now that ive see those photos i completely undertsand! they are the same exact characters from splash mountain! its like they recycled them instead of throwing them away! its pretty cool now all we need is the original country bears to be put in the river raft ride at dca! now that would be cool!

• Banned User

aahhh I just discovered this thread. Now your talking!

(Im probably one of the biggest America Sings fans ever)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I sill miss America Sings. I'd give almost anything to see it live & in person again.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider
    The recycled America Sings animatronics are just really not up to the ones in Florida, and understandably so. One thing in particular I noticed was that the vultures, one of my favorite parts of MK's Splash, don't wear top hats at DL. Yet in the America Sings pics, they do. What gives? Small quibble, but just one of those nagging things...especially because I'm kind of lukewarm on DL's Splash to begin with. Anyone know?
    The vultures sing the last verse of the Tale of Billy the Kid. They are dressed as undertakers for the segment.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    The vultures sing the last verse of the Tale of Billy the Kid. They are dressed as undertakers for the segment.
    That's not my question, though. Why take off the top hats, put the vultures in Splash, then when creating new vultures for MK, add the hats? See my point? Again, a silly question, but a little head-scratcher.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by jwbear
    I miss the days when Disneyland took out great attractions and actually replaced them with new good attractions. <<sigh>>
    I wonder--if the internet was around at the time--how often we would see threads posted about how such a great attraction as the Carousel of Progress could be supplanted by such a "cheap" attraction as "America Sings."

Star Tours anyone?

Since people have been asking about it, you can download a video of America Sings at Visions Fantastic at the following address:

http://visionsfantastic.com/main.php?page=americasings

You need to register (be a member, free) of VF to download the video.

Enjoy!

• Minion

There's a really good video of America Sings at VisionsFantastic, probably the same as the one at DisneyCentral though a smaller filesize, yet still very good quality. For an attraction that's been gone for longer then I've been alive, the video sometimes looks almost like it was shot only a few months ago.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345