Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

And now... America Sings!!! Images from 1976

While going through my grandfathers slides, I came across some of America Sings. Most of them I'm not going to post because they are ultra blurry, but there were a few that I found that are ok. Enjoy...

I think this one is at the end. The weasel is wearing a night cap which I don't recall him doing at the start.

The final song for 'The South' segment of America Sings. They sang a song called 'Lay Down My Burden'. The fox on the left sitting on the rocking chair is part of the song 'The Birmingham Jail'

The start of 'The West' segment. The 4 geese sing 'Drill ye Terriers Drill' (A song about mining), 'I've been Working On The Railroad', and 'The Fireball mail'

Saddlesore Swanson (the turkey) sings 'The Old Chisolm Trail'. The rabbit and coyote in the background were part of 'The Fireball Mail' song and "I've been Working on the Railroad'.

The dog sings 'Who Shot That Hole in my Sombrero?' and the 2 vultures behind him are the Boothill Boys who tell the tale of Billy the Kid. I don't recall the burro here ever carrying TNT barrels though...

The finale

Goodnight goes the weasel.

Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: And now... America Sings!!! Images from 1976

MARVELOUS!!! Now I finally get to see what America Sing looked like!!!

• Senior Minion

Ooogie you rock! Those are some great pics. Some of the clearest I have seen. I miss this show and love it!! Thank you.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

YES! My setiments exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Ooogie you rock! Those are some great pics. Some of the clearest I have seen. I miss this show and love it!! Thank you.

• Still lost in Neverland

Brings back real fond memories of that show. I love it and wish they could have somehow updated the last scene to make it work. But then again, the music today....maybe it's best that it is gone.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I take it the Alligator on the left was part of the "See Ya Later Alligator" segment and the dog on the right was part of the "Hound Dog" segment right? The bird on the bike probably did the "Twistin USA" segment and the thing on the top right stage did the "Shake, Rattle, & Roll" segment?

• Bear Country Refugee

I miss the days when Disneyland took out great attractions and actually replaced them with new good attractions. <<sigh>>
    "The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion. " -George Washington

I'm playing the music from America Sings right now on my iPod. I never saw the show live, but I wish that I had!
    Quinn Roberts | quinnandannie.com

• Shablagoo!

I don't think the burro is carrying the tnt, I think it is in the foreground. Thanks for the pictures. I miss that show.

• Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I take it the Alligator on the left was part of the "See Ya Later Alligator" segment and the dog on the right was part of the "Hound Dog" segment right? The bird on the bike probably did the "Twistin USA" segment and the thing on the top right stage did the "Shake, Rattle, & Roll" segment?
    Wow your good, your exactly right. the band in the middle sang those songs during the hound dog and aligator segments. the top right came in for shake rattle and roll, and the motorcycle joined for twistin' USA then they all gave a rousing rendition of Joy to the World with the Frog singing the "what a beautiful dayyyyy" at the end.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

The band in the center (with the stork, rooster and porcupine) came out first and did 'Hound Dog'. While they were singing it the dog on the right came up from below. They then switched over and started singing 'See ya later Alligator'. While singing it the gator appeared from the 'subway'. Then the bird and the frog appeared (in the upper right of the picture) and started singing 'Shake Rattle and Roll'. After a few lines of the old Bill Haley and the Comets song, the 2 birds on the motorcycle appeared and did thier song. After a few lines of that they all went into a very psychedelic version of 'Joy to the World' with different colors flashing all over the room and everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler

Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Wow, that brings back memories . Thanks for posting these pictures Oogie!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Yup I got the whole attraction on "Musical History of Disneyland". However I never saw any pictures of what America Sings looked like till now. It really is nice to see what the attraction looked like. Now I can understand and visualize it a bit more.

• The Fantasyland guy

I always like it when people watch Remember and ask "what attraction has pop goes the weasel?"

I have had like 20 friends ask me that question, even people who have seen the show. How could you forget the Weasel?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jwbear
    I miss the days when Disneyland took out great attractions and actually replaced them with new good attractions. <<sigh>>
    Totally agree! Tired of seeing empty shells of a ride that has past. (Peoplemover -Example)

Oh Gee, what's that overhead?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast