• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking DCA's Aladdin Show. Tips & How Seating works

Since my very 1st trip to Disneyland approaches faster than I can ever expected I need your help regarding DCA's Aladdin stage show.

Please don't spoil it for me. I have not seen it nor has many other readers.

Anyways, how does the seating work. How can I get a front row seat? Where in the theatre is a great seat if I can't get front row?

Do I buy tickets at a window? Do I have to wait until people flood in after waiting in a line outside the theatre? How long is the show? Which showing during the day should I go to?

If you can answer one or just a few of these questions, any new information would be great! ;o)

Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: DCA's Aladdin Show. Tips & How Seating works

Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Neep meep beep

Great show! I'm not sure there's anything to "spoil", since the Aladdin story is based upon an ancient tale, (and a popular movie), but almost every seat is a great seat. The theater has three levels, and I first saw the show on the upper level, and I'll just say that there are certain effects that are enhanced by sitting in this upper level, I believe it's called the Balcony level. It was great.

The second time I saw the show was in the mezzanine level, the mid-level, and as with any stage show, the closer you get, the more you notice wires, and performers making minor mistakes, etc. But still a great show seat, and you'll see a lot more detail as well.

The unofficial guide to Disneyland states that you should get ground level (Orchestra) if possible. The theater is so large that there's almost always seating, but, with any show in the parks, the earlier you get there, the more available your choices when the doors open.

I've heard, but have not confirmed, that the front row is often kept open for VIPs and other visitors.

The unofficial guide also mentions that advance tickets are available on busy days at the turnstiles at the entrance, that work like FastPass (but are not a Fastpass ticket), that guarantee you admission as long as you show up 20 minutes before showtime.

Have a great time!
    Last edited by RobotMirror; 05-31-2006 at 05:29 PM.

• Disneyland Freak

There are three viewing sections inside the Hyperion Theatre:
    Orchestra - The entire lower level of the theatre, closest to the stage.
    Mezzanine - The second highest level.
    Balcony - The highest level.

There are many preferences for viewing but for first-time viewing of this show, you may want to sit in the Mezzanine section OR towards the back of the Orchestra section.

For "front row" seating you may want to arrive at least an hour early. However, depending on the number of guests with Priority Seating (who are admitted before regular guests) you may not be guaranteed a front row seat, especially if your party is larger than two .

Guests who are unable to scale large amounts of stairs may take an elevator to the Mezzanine and Balcony sections. Simply speak with a cast member before hand.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Aladdin is a 45-minute show that is included in Park Admission so there are no tickets to buy. Including waiting in line you are looking at a total time of around 1 1/2 hours. If you have young ones just know to plan accordingly for restroom breaks as there are none in the Hyperion Theater.

Seating is First-Come First-Served. They got rid of the "Priority Seating" for regular guests quite a while ago. Priority Seating is now usually reserved for people who booked it with their trips through AAA or Disney. I think there might be some dinning packages that have it also though.

We've seen it from all 3 levels and the first few of rows of the Mezzanine are very good. But anywhere in the Middle Orchestra section and the front part of the Mezzanine are pretty good seats.

Hope this helps

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto

I've heard, but have not confirmed, that the front row is often kept open for VIPs and other visitors.

The unofficial guide also mentions that advance tickets are available on busy days at the turnstiles at the entrance, that work like FastPass (but are not a Fastpass ticket), that guarantee you admission as long as you show up 20 minutes before showtime.

Have a great time!
    if you are Stay in One of the Disney hotel you can if the guess service can book you a fastpass.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• Princess of my own world

Okay I'm not sure the exact naming of it, but my favorite place to sit is the area that is right behind the main aisle, behind the low orchestra area. You have to stand in line for the orchestra area but then it's just like one step up to the right, right when you go in. It's awesome, you don't see any wires or anything and it still feels really close.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• Neep meep beep

Even if you can get preferred seating, I am not sure it's worth it. This theater has a huge capacity, and many, many good seats. It's almost certainly not a guarantee that you'll get a front row seat as well even with a pass.

• The Happiest Cynic

Hope you like MySpace and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition jokes, because the guy playing the Genie operates on whatever humor the soccer moms in the audience can appreciate.

Frankly I found it pretty annoying.

But hey, it's an hour plus change and it's a pretty elaborate show, plus it doesn't cost extra. Just make sure to show up early. I saw this thing on a Wednesday in March and it was packed.

I went the week of July 4th a couple years back. We walked in a few minutes before the show started (no waiting in lines, just walked up and a CM ushered us in). There were plenty of seats, even though the theater was pretty full. We thought the show was awesome (even though we probably weren't in the "best" seats in the house) and you can't beat not standing in line, then sitting waiting for the show to start.

Does anyone know the length of the actual show itself?

• Banned User

I was here......Mezzanine - The second highest level
    second row, in the middle. we loved it!! I wanted to see it again, maybe again some day I will get there and see it again

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I checked the website for showtimes of this show, but they are not listed. I was concerned that maybe the show was not still there. Glad to hear that it is still at DCA. Looking forward to seeing it in August. Saw it last year, and it was very funny.

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DLMountainFan
    Priority Seating is now usually reserved for people who booked it with their trips through AAA or Disney. I think there might be some dinning packages that have it also though.
    That doesn't really change what I said. There are usually always a lot of people with Priority Seating at each showing.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak
    That doesn't really change what I said. There are usually always a lot of people with Priority Seating at each showing.
    You are correct :-)

Probably should have made it a bit clearer but I was actually responding to the following.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    In that they are no longer available unless you had some sort of tour package.

Just don't expect a lot and everything will be fine. I remember wanting to see it for the longest time, and everyone building it up. The sets were awesome, but the direction was kinda bad. The opening scene (One Jump) basically consists of Aladdin running back and forth from side to side and somehow nobody can grab him. Then randomly at the end of the song, he is able to suddenly leap 15 feet in the air over the guards.

Just remember, it's a free show which is meant to show many times a day, every day. It's good, but it's still a theme park show.