Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Disneyland SOLO STYLE?

Who here is comfortable with going to the park ALONE? I went last week alone for the 1st time and felt kinda wierd. Although at the same time i enjoyed it. I just went for a couple hours tho. Does anyone here go regularly alone? Do u enjoy it? I kinda liked being able to go at my own pace and just walk around and hang out, im thinking of trying it again tommorrow.

Re: Disneyland SOLO STYLE?

I have a premium AP, and I go all the time, and I dont mind it! no biggie, I just go single rider a lot.
    5.6 miles away from the entrance of POTC!

• that's right!

I've done it a few times. I don't mind it at all. I only go once every 3-4 months so if I can't find anyone to go with I'll head there by myself.

• Hooterville, USA

I have friends who work at DL so I visit them when I'm alone. But it's way more fun to go with someone who likes DL as much as I.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

OK....I love taking my family to Disneyland....but...

I also LOVE going to the park alone! Some of my favorite times have been early in the morning when I'm in no hurry to get on rides and no one is begging me to go on anything....I get a cup of coffee, hop on the Mark Twain and take a couple of laps, do some shopping, sit on the bench in front of the China Closet and people watch, listen to the jazz quintet, take a couple trips through the Haunted Mansion, catch the Hillbillies at the Golden Horseshoe, and maybe hop over to Tom Sawyer's Island to sit in front of a waterfall, take a book and grab a julep and some fritters over at the French Market...

Or I hit the rides that my kids are too chicken to go on, namely Tower and Screamin.

In short....all of the things I would NEVER get to do with my kids there.

I went 17 hours alone and it was a bit weird at first, but if it's one of those places that feels like home for you, you'll forget about it soon enough.

• For You!

Wow - I could dream! I always have family or friends - which is totally cool. But, I've always wondered what it would be like to just hang out and not have to confer with everyone about what we're doing next!

Last trip, I did have my dh take the kids to the hotel and I stayed the last hour of main street and did some window shopping. It was so nice to go in the glass shop and not have to say, don't touch that!!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

I love going to DL alone! The first time I was there by myself for a whole day was 5/5/05. I went with WB? and another friend, but they were so done with the crowds by 10 am, that they left. I stayed until close & had a great time.

By myself I get to take my time, eat where I want, linger in stores & go on all the rides I want to!! I love going with friends and family, too, but I never hesitate to go it alone now!
    <o>

• SuperKid!

One time my sister and I were gonna go but I began to feel sick, so I stayed home. Yet my sister went by herself anyways. She came back, said she had a nice time, and then took care of me. I would never be able to do that. I feel awkward standing by myself in the popcorn line. Haha.
    Seamonkeys have my money
    http://www.myspace.com/CherryCharlie

• 'splosions

i prefer it sometimes than going with people who HAVE to go get on something
    PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
    Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
    3DS: 3050-7580-4526

• no flash photography...

The first time I felt weird and all alone and a bit depressed. I was on my cell phone alot...LOL

the second time people were with me, but they went back to the room and my daughter wanted to watch fantasmic with her friends. I was also alone for about 2 hours in the afternoon. I loved it. I could do what I wanted. i didn't have to worry about loosing people in the crowds. I only went on one ride, but I took alot of pictures. Thats something I don't usually get to do, because everyone wants to hurry to the rides......had I remembered the single rider rides I would have went on more.

• Head Salesman

I've been alone a couple of times. The first time is definitely the strangest and not as fun, but you get used to it and learn to kick back and relax.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Mousketeer

I usually go solo 1 - 2 times a year when the wife and kids are visiting relatives.

It's not nearly as fun, but I do get to do things that I want (Disney Gallery, etc) and spend as much time as I want doing it.

• Shablagoo!

I went to the Magic Kingdom in FLorida by myself. I was there on my last day to do shopping, ride a few rides and get pictures with princesses. There's always a cm or fellow tourist to take your picture. I got into conversations with other tourists whiel I waited in lines for things. The freedom you get by being alone is real nice.

• In my own neverland

I generally feel awkward going to places on my own (the movies for example) so I have never tried to go to DL by myself. It would be an interesting experience though, but I feel that part of my enjoyment is sharing my love for DL with my friends and family.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast