View Poll Results: Which theme do you prefer?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Submarine Voyage

20 37.74%
  • Finding Nemo

33 62.26%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Finding Nemo or Submarine Voyage?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    I am not asking which ride you think would come out better, I am asking which theme you would choose if you had to make a decision with equal technology.
    lol, It's amusing to see how many interpretations people have gotten from your original post.

I'll be the first to actually answer the question. I prefer the Submarine Voyage theme over Nemo. I loved that the Submarine Voyage was eerily "real". Everything was so dark and foreboding. I remember having dreams about the ride after we had left the park. Nemo won't be able to produce the same effect.

I love the synergy aspect, and I can't wait for Nemo to open up, but I think a more realistic theme would have be better.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    lol, It's amusing to see how many interpretations people have gotten from your original post.

I'll be the first to actually answer the question. I prefer the Submarine Voyage theme over Nemo. I loved that the Submarine Voyage was eerily "real". Everything was so dark and foreboding. I remember having dreams about the ride after we had left the park. Nemo won't be able to produce the same effect.

I love the synergy aspect, and I can't wait for Nemo to open up, but I think a more realistic theme would have be better.
    My sentiments exactly, it made my imagination go wild as a child.

• now on the mainland

I must say Submarine Voyage. There's so many unexplored regions in Earth's oceans, that if SV was updated appropriately, as Disneyfreak suggested, it would tie in very well to the theme of Tomorrow. It's not about the Subs, but the exploration of the oceans. It's great that the subs are coming back, but I do think that Disneyland has stopped being a reflection on Americans, and instead is only focused on it's own company. Nemo further proves this point.

Well, I love Nemo & think it will be a great attraction for folks w/ kids as well as the kid in all of us. That being said I would love to see a submarine voyage go in! With all the tech. stuff that we have today it could be a fairly amazing attraction!

• rebmeM roinuJ

i just wish i had a chance to go on the submarines at an age where i could remember.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by skratch addict
    i just wish i had a chance to go on the submarines at an age where i could remember.
    You cant? You were born the same year as me yet I can remember it. They have a video of the attraction on visionsfantastic.com

• Back After Missing MC

I echo your sentiments and remember being amazing by this ride as a kid. I loved "Finding Nemo" but like having a mix of rides in the park that are not directly based on a blockbuster movie. Spacemountain and Big Thunder Railroad for example are awesome with no movie references and like millions of other people I was a HUGE fan of Pirates of the Caribbean long before the movie. I remember right after they closed the subs there were rumors that they were going to put in a ride based on "The Little Mermaid". Obviously that did not pan out but I do feel that Disney does not need a movie to inspire a ride, there is enough Disney magic to make any ride an experience. Either way I am stoked they are finally utilizing the lagoon for more than a nice scenic place to take a photo!

• Inhospitable about happy

If Ariel and her clamshells show up, call it Submarine Voyeurs.

(Just as the shells start to slip, cue the bubble cascades...)

• rebmeM roinuJ

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    You cant? You were born the same year as me yet I can remember it. They have a video of the attraction on visionsfantastic.com
    the first and only time i went on it was 94(?). i only remember getting on it, going down the stairs. cant remember much else.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    I echo your sentiments and remember being amazing by this ride as a kid. I loved "Finding Nemo" but like having a mix of rides in the park that are not directly based on a blockbuster movie. Spacemountain and Big Thunder Railroad for example are awesome with no movie references and like millions of other people I was a HUGE fan of Pirates of the Caribbean long before the movie. I remember right after they closed the subs there were rumors that they were going to put in a ride based on "The Little Mermaid". Obviously that did not pan out but I do feel that Disney does not need a movie to inspire a ride, there is enough Disney magic to make any ride an experience. Either way I am stoked they are finally utilizing the lagoon for more than a nice scenic place to take a photo!
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. While not overt, that is the source material.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

i loved going on the sub voyagee it's last week of operation....but Nemo seems to be more apealing to be....the Realism aspect was great but i think the colorful family friendly aproach will not be so scary for kids. I know its darkness made me scared and believe the subs would flood....the color and life may distract from that feeling and make the ride seem larger

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro_Mclemington_III
    i loved going on the sub voyagee it's last week of operation....but Nemo seems to be more apealing to be....the Realism aspect was great but i think the colorful family friendly aproach will not be so scary for kids. I know its darkness made me scared and believe the subs would flood....the color and life may distract from that feeling and make the ride seem larger
    All I know is that being a child going on this ride it never scared me at all. It was my favorite attraction.

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. While not overt, that is the source material.
    Agreed but I feel that it was a subtle inspiration unlike the Buzz Blasters, Monster's Inc., or Roger Rabbit rides. I am not even stating there is anything wrong with these rides, I just like that Disney has a mix (Space Mountain, The Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain). I went to Universal Studios for the first time this year after being told it was AWESOME. What I found was that it was pretty good but since all the rides are based on movies they were quickly outdated. Now, I feel Disney's movies have more staying power than the average film but in my opinion you don't need a movie to create the Disney magic that makes the park so unique and special.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Maybe have a little 20,000 leagues nod like the nautulus passing by on the side of the sub. I'm all for Nemo though

• Original Mice-Chatter

Don't care- they subs are coming back and that is ALL that matters to me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast