View Poll Results: Which theme do you prefer?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Submarine Voyage

20 37.74%
  • Finding Nemo

33 62.26%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Back After Missing MC

Re: Finding Nemo or Submarine Voyage?

Quote Originally Posted by Wren
    Maybe have a little 20,000 leagues nod like the nautulus passing by on the side of the sub. I'm all for Nemo though
    That would be neat! I think Nemo will be fun too and I am sure they will do an awesome job. I can't wait for some of you regular park visitors to take lots of photos for those of us who can't be there when it opens.

• For You!

I agree - just happy to have something in the Lagoon again!! But, I'm excited for Nemo - the old sub ride was aging and the "props" looked bad and pretty cheesy. So, an update either way would have been nice - but again, can't wait to hear "Sharkbait, hoo ha ha".

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• e komo mai

I haven't seen the Nemo ride yet, so I don't know how to vote. Anything's better than it just sitting there unused...

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    I agree - just happy to have something in the Lagoon again!! But, I'm excited for Nemo - the old sub ride was aging and the "props" looked bad and pretty cheesy. So, an update either way would have been nice - but again, can't wait to hear "Sharkbait, hoo ha ha".
    Hear, hear! It is way overdue for them to utilize such great real estate.

I agree that the old sub ride was aging but what do you think if they had equal technologies like Disneyfreak originally asked at the start of this post?

I am very curious as to which theme people would prefer if the technologies were equal and you had to make a decision before you build the attraction? Also explain what your reasoning is. Vote away.

• no flash photography...

I'm torn. the old sub ride was stale and old, but the nemo theme seems aimed at children and not all ages, but time will tell. So, I voted for nemo, because I like change for the most part...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I'm torn. the old sub ride was stale and old, but the nemo theme seems aimed at children and not all ages, but time will tell. So, I voted for nemo, because I like change for the most part...
    I agree, that is why Submarine Voyage would be my choice due to it catering to all ages. The technology would not be a problem anymore. They could do something just as amazing as Nemo.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Nemo only aimed at children? I find just as many adults who love the movie as kids. So before we decide the "baby factor", let's see how the movie is incorporated into the ride, shall we?

The old sub ride scared plenty of kids to my understanding. It never scared me, but I was also used to going to the park and always making a trip on the subs at night (haha, my mom decided this so we couldn't tell how cheesy some of the effects were as much).

I'm also thankful just for the fact that the subs are coming back. And with Matt and Lassetter around, I have a huge amount of faith in this upgrade.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I also agree I'm all up for the change! It's something new, and something everyone knows, Nemo. I have faith they will do an amazing job!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Nemo only aimed at children? I find just as many adults who love the movie as kids. So before we decide the "baby factor", let's see how the movie is incorporated into the ride, shall we?
    ,,,and what do you think ...time will tell means?......i will reserve judgement until I see it, butt he movie was aimed at children. Adults may like it...I liked it ....but at the same time I felt like I was watchign a movie for very young kids. It sure wasn't like watching the lion king or little mermaid.

• Banned User

I go with Nemo.

I mean the submarine voyage was cool, but all the fish were so fake looking....but you said with new technology? Maybe Sub Voyage.

I really like Dory though, so I go with Nemo. I hope Dory will just make the attraction just fun.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    ,,,and what do you think ...time will tell means?......i will reserve judgement until I see it, butt he movie was aimed at children. Adults may like it...I liked it ....but at the same time I felt like I was watchign a movie for very young kids. It sure wasn't like watching the lion king or little mermaid.
    Or 20,000 leagues the movie.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Don't care- they subs are coming back and that is ALL that matters to me.
    You said it Neph and I agree 100% For me, just getting into the subs made my day and it will make my day again when they come back. I mean how often is it that a kid gets to ride in submarines???

Submarine Voyage but I could care less since its coming back.

• I'm going to Disneyland

I'll go with the Submarine voyage because as a kid growing up I use to love that ride, but I think the Finding Nemo will be cool and I'm looking foward to when it opens. Hopefully they'll have a day in which AP get to go on the ride before it opens to the public.

• Animatronic

When I was a very young kid, before the age of 5, I ate up all the "real" stuff at Disneyland and especially liked the real aspects of the sub ride. Now I know they are putting in talking cartoon fish for kids, but when I was a kid I would have found that boring and would be longing to see ship graveyards, sunken cities, and realistic sharks without being yanked back into Disney Store reality by a talking cartoon fish. I can't help but think that all these cartoon rides at Disneyland are like the Emperor's New Clothes. Kids pretend to like them because their parents are pretending to like them because they think their kids will like them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast