Get Disneyland ride-through videos via BitTorrent!

Hello everyone,

I am just posting to make you all aware of a new website the Disney Central community is running. Aptly named, it is called "Disney Central Torrents." It is an expansion of the multimedia community that has for a long time existed on mIRC. The address is:

http://www.wdwresorttv.com/tracker/

At DC Torrents, we are hosting many fan-produced ride-through videos of Disney rides throughout the world, although we tend to focus mostly on Disneyland and Disney World as this is where most of the videos are filmed. We also host many of the soundtrack sets that have been mentioned around on the Internet. Note that we do NOT host any movies or TV shows, except for the occasional theme park documentary.

Anyway, if you live a good distance away from any of the parks (like I do) and you can't get your fix, then this would be a good place to start! Note that in order to participate you are required to use a BitTorrent client. Explanation of what this is can be found on the site.

http://www.wdwresorttv.com/tracker/

P.S. I hope posting this here is within the rules, I couldn't see any forum for sharing website links or anything of the like.

• I am a Pluto lover

Anyone tried this yet? How does it work?
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Feel the breeze!

Go to http://www.bittorrent.com/ and download and install the bit torrent client.

Go to the site.

Download a torrent file.

Double click it. This will open Bit Torrent and start downloading the video. Eventually the video will finish and you can watch it.

Hmm...it seems that MrLamer's site requires registration.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Be careful of potential spyware and viruses. You never know what you are going to get from an unknown source.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Keep those Virus Scanners up to date, and them Spyware scanners too.

For a BitTorrent client, i like BitTornado.

-Monorail Man

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Be careful of potential spyware and viruses. You never know what you are going to get from an unknown source.

Not that I want anyone to get viruses but thats why I wanted to know if anyone else had done this yet. Im just never sure when it comes to this stuff.

Thank you for the advice!
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse
    Thank you for the advice!
    I downloaded a bunch of stuff off of BitTorrent since it started a year or so ago. It's also good to note, that when your download finishes, keep the window open. If there are other people downloading, you at least want to share 1 full copy of the of the ting your downloading (and being on Dial-Up is no excuse, still keep it open).
    -Monorail Man

seems to be working fine. i missed the geat movie ride in the summer of 2003 when they were refurbing it. i want to find the land ride and seacabs somewhere as well also the american experience

Hey all,

Since some people are probably new at BitTorrent, I shall guide you in the right direction.

First, I reccomend you NOT use the official BitTorrent client program. It is far too simple and its presence is annoying such that people tend to close the windows and stop seeding, which makes downloads slower for everyone else. Since I am seeding the new files off of my home cable Internet connection, I could use some help with seeding, although as it is right now we are more than managing with the current traffic.

I reccomend you use the program "Azureus." It is an excellent program, offering very deep customization but at its surface it is obvious and easy to use. Note that it requires Java VM to be installed. You can find both at:
    http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php

Additionally, I have written a sufficiently detailed "new user guide" which is available on the website:
    http://www.wdwresorttv.com/tracker/new-user-guide.php

I encourage everyone to read this guide, as well as the FAQ and the rules, which are also available on our website.

Oh yeah, also, we don't have any spyware or anything in the stuff we post. Everything is multimedia (and not executable) so the files literally are forbidden by Windows to make changes to your machine. Now, I can't vouch for each and every BitTorrent client out there, but the ones which I endorse in the documentation linked to above indeed are clean.
    Last edited by SirLamer; 04-16-2005 at 12:36 AM.