Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Red Face First Trip 2 Disneyland In July, When I get there, what should I do first!?!

Help me plan my first few steps into Disneyland. What should I look for? Where should I go first? Are there any hidden mickeys on Main Street? What ride should I head for first after Main Street?

Start Planning...

I'm so freakin excited for Disneyland!!!!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: First Trip 2 Disneyland In July, When I get there, what should I do first!?!

Go to Main Street, find Maynard and ask him to tell you the story of his evil twin brother.

• Banned User

Mission B.C. Canada!!!!!!!! Off to California!!!!!!!!!

Re: First Trip 2 Disneyland In July, When I get there, what should I do first!?!

You remind me a lot of myself. I don't know what to do but it's more then exciting. I know the feeling. I was just in a car crash ... oh it was so scary but I am happy I can still go to Disneyland!

from Jeff

• Head Salesman

It used to be a family tradition to ride the train around the park first. It was a nice teaser for what the day would hold.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When I visited Disneyland for the first time last year, I was very excited. First of all, I had my camera going, and I took lots of pictures. If someone is with you, have them take your picture entering the park. Don't forget to read the sign, that is over the arch of the tunnel you go under to get to Town Square.

We, also, rode the train around the park. The reason that we did that, was because Walt Disney rode the train around Disneyland on the morning that the park opened in 1955.

One of the first things that we did was we took photographs of the Firehouse, and the light that is in the window. That light stays lit in remembrance of Walt Disney.

We lingered in Town Square.

Some people don't want to do that. They want to get to their favorite ride.

• Circle of Ancients

Since it's your first time I would most definately take a train ride and do the 50th exhibit and show in Town Square. Take in Main Street.

Then head off into the lands.

How many days do you have at the parks?

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I'm there 4 days, arrive very early on the 1st day, before noon, and then leave after 5pm on the last day. so then maybe 3 days and some extra hours... i just like to think 4 days. ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• It's all nonsense

Run to frontierland and get a turkey leg.

• Circle of Ancients

With 4 days I would do it like this:

Day One: Since you aren't getting there right at open do a "Historical Day". Take the train, do the 50th show. Spend some time on Main Street, check out the shops, the Cinema, Penny Arcade, the art in Disneyana, etc.
    Do the Tiki Room, make lunch reservations at Blue Bayou, Ride the Jungle Cruise, Mark Twain, do Tom Sawyer Island, Canoes and Small World. Basically just take it easy day one. Of course get fastpasses on what you can but I wouldn't stand in any 60 minute+ lines on day one. See either Believe or Fantasmic, don't try and do both in the same day.

Day Two: Get to the park early grab Space Mtn Fastpasses. Do Indy, Pirates, Splash, etc EARLY. Have breakfast at the Riverbelle. Go spend some time at DCA. See whatever nighttime show you didn't see on Day One.

Day Three: Get to the park early and do all of the Fantasyland rides before it gets busy. We usually go like this ... Peter Pan, Toad, Dumbo, Alice, Storybook, Casey Jr, Pinnochio, Snow White. Make sure you do Pan first though. That should take 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Grab some Space Fastpasses at some point. Try to make it to DCA for the 10am opening. If you do and it's not too crowded (it usually isn't) you should be able to do all of DCA in 4 or 5 hours. See Block Party Bash while you are over there. Have lunch at Whitewater snacks in the Grand Californian. It's out of the way, NEVER crowded and the nachos are to die for. See Believe or Fantasmic again if you want.

Day 4: Get to the park early and do what you missed or what you want to do again. By this point you should be pretty familiar with Fastpass and how to make most of your day work with it.

Just remember, regarding fastpass only the first time matters. So if your fastpass is between 5pm and 6pm and you show up at 8pm, it's okay. As long as it's after 5pm you can use your FP anytime later that day.

Also my suggestions are only for the first few hours at the park, which are generally less crowded. Once the crowds get big you can throw any pre-conceived plan out the window. With 4 days don't try and over-whelm yourself and try to do everything in one day. You WILL be able to do everything in 4 days. Take your time and have fun.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Hmm I would suggest for your first few steps, stroll down Main Street to the plaza, give the Walt statue a salute then continue to whatever land from there looks the most interesting to you.

• What have I done?

First thing to do is relax! Have fun and take it easy! Your on vacation but I cna understand the excitement! The Train sounds like a godd idea to give you an indication of hwere you might want to go once inside the park.

"This guy!"

• Original Mice-Chatter

Get on Main Street- stand very still- take a deep breath and bask in the sheer joy you will feel just being there. Let the sights soak in, try to hear every sound- and remember that feeling forever.

I've been to Disneyland many many times- and I feel that feeling every single time.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Dole Whip.

• Shablagoo!

I'm going to agree with everyone who said take the train first. Take it from Main Street back to Main Street.

• Mousketeer

The first thing to do is use the restroom. they are right by the tunnels on the left side, and then your ready for the day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast