Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: 'Cars' Theme for Autopia?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Change the ride back to the first style of autopia cars and have them run in different alternative gas types and label the different cars. That is TOMORROW not some cartoonish cars ride. I hate how bulky and ugly these cars are compared to the old ones that Walt Disney used to ride in.
    No that is called "The Past". "Tomorrow" is always suppost to be something new and better than the past in every aspect (both design & technological wise).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    No that is called "The Past". "Tomorrow" is always suppost to be something new and better than the past in every aspect (both design & technological wise).
    I said body style. Something like they are doing with the monorail. This chevron/Cars body style won't cut it. They need to be sleek.

•   
    • Minion

No more pixar at the Disneyland Resort!!!
    I have some bad news for you... Pixar is now Disney... I am sorry if this really hurts, but the contract to purchase of Pixar is now complete...

They are now the same company...

If you have a problem with this, I suggest you write the board of directors...
    Check out my other blog:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Anyway, speaking of the future, why don't they try and make something that transforms the autopia cars into Hoover cars? I mean the bottoms would still have a piece connected to a track on the ground, but the rest of the vehicle would be a foot or two in the air hoovering.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    I have some bad news for you... Pixar is now Disney... I am sorry if this really hurts, but the contract to purchase of Pixar is now complete...

They are now the same company...

If you have a problem with this, I suggest you write the board of directors...
    No no no it isn't that. It is the fact the movies do not fit the theme at Disneyland. If the ride fits the theme there is no problem but at Disneyland it is like trying to fit a square in a circle hole.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 06-02-2006 at 03:43 PM.

•   
    • Minion

No no no it isn't that. It is the fact the movies do not fit the theme at Disneyland.
    I was confused, because you mentioned the Disneyland Resort... People are going to expect to see "Pixar Palls" at the resort now...

And they should be there, Pixar is Disney...

I don't know if adding Cars will fit the theme... I haven't seen the movie yet... but I always remember that autopia was both a Tomorrowland attraction and a Fantasyland attraction... if they re worked the cheque to Fantasyland, I don't see how a "Cars" Themed Autopia wouldn't work...

I also don't see how a "Cars" test track ride would work... It is better suited for the Autopia concept... But the concept itself is sort of out of kilter with the theme of tomorrowland anyway... It is a today thing, yet it is a child's "tomorrow."

I can see a Cheveron/Honda test track...
    Check out my other blog:

• Minion FOREVER!

Couple of points:

* Don't care about Pixar-fi-cation. Its now a completely moot point. Disney IS
    Pixar and Pixar IS Disney.
    * I would also like if they kept tomorrowland be about tomorrow. But
    like cellerhound's already noted, Autopia can just be made a
    Fantasyland or Fantasyland-Tomorrowland transition area ride (like
    the matterhorn) by just moving the loading queue.
    * Completely agree that they should go electric. Be neat if they can be
    ethanol or fuel cell generated and they have a display to show it in
    TL. They really need to get back to the roots of TL to showcase
    "tomorrow's technologies". BTW that's why I didn't mind Innoventions
    too much in the beginning; but it's sad when *it* got old!!

My two cents.... :-)

• Travel-Sized Guardian

What I don't get is why the hostility/negativity over putting Pixar stuff in, when Disney has been doing film tie-in rides for years, especially the dark rides of Fantasyland. And what about Star Tours, and Indiana Jones? Heck, even Jungle Cruise was lightly based on the movie "The African Queen". I know a lot of these were were done post-movie release, but still, it's film tie-in nonetheless. *shrug* I guess my point is, Pixar has a place in Disneyland about as much as Indy, Pinnochio, Alice, Peter Pan and Snow White do. Granted, I do think some of their older classics deserve to be made into dark rides, but I digress.

• Vehicle rotating backward

They could also invent a way to get rid of the track and have the cars automatically force you to slow down if they are approaching another car.
    The new Mercedes S-Class does that, and many of the features of that car wind up in mid-range cars down the line, so I guess it would be a fairly accurate vision of the future for about five years.

As an Autopia fan, I really liked the one currently there. Fun to drive on, more challenging than the Florida track and a lot more to see.

• Minion

I really think that Disney is destorying itself. Walt built many of his attractions not based on movies, and some have lasted for 50 years. This is the problem with making attractions out of movies. They simply won't last as long. Of course Fantasyland has done well, but those movies are childhood fantasy types. I don't know, just bothers me that they are doing this more and more. Lets be creative, shall we?
    Jeff Wayne

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Their only following the money. Heck if Nemo were a failure at the box office, the sub ride wouldn't come back. Characters like Buzz, Woody, & Nemo have a huge following behind them (both kids and adults).

Autopia needs something, not necessarily a cars theme. They definitely need a futuristic power source like alcohol. It's something we will be seeing more and more of with gas prices. This would put the Autopia on the cutting edge of tomorrow.

• For You!

Wink Re: 'Cars' Theme for Autopia?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Anyway, speaking of the future, why don't they try and make something that transforms the autopia cars into Hoover cars? I mean the bottoms would still have a piece connected to a track on the ground, but the rest of the vehicle would be a foot or two in the air hoovering.
    I'm sure you meant hover - I'm sitting here picturing people riding vacuum cleaners...

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Thanks for the correction.

• Minion

I really don't think running the cars on some new type of fuel would really bring them in. Half of the people don't really care if its just gas or what not. We need to see a whole design refurb of what maybe traveling in everyday cars would be like 75 years from now. Just a thought.
    Jeff Wayne

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast