Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• meganmegaphone

Re: 'Cars' Theme for Autopia?

I like the theme they have now, but I agree with you, GHOSTHOASTJEFF, I'd rather see the cars of the future (especially if they're going to talk) as opposed to today's cars... especially in tomorrowland...

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

The Autopia opened in 1955 as the "Freeway of the Future" when freeways were still in their infancy. The attraction has survived this entire time because its popularity has remained fairly constant.

During the 1950's, automobiles were changing the entire way people lived since freeways enabled the migration from the cities to the suburbs. The Autopia could go more "retro" in the same way that Disneyland Paris' Autopia did and comment on this quaint and misguided way of thinking. Or, the Autopia could be re-imagined as a rover journey over the terrain of another planet.

Moving to bio-Diesel is an easy transition for Disney to make with its existing Diesel engines, and I am sure that a big corporation like Archer Daniels Midland would be interested in showcasing for the public the fuel the company sells, should Disney approach it to become a possible strategic ally and institutional patron.

One of the other options is to simply create a new version of the Autopia in D.C.A. and allow guests to drive cars through Route 66 landscapes and past California Crazy architecture. The film, "Cars", might be alright to use as source material in this application, but the focus of the experience would have to remain the reality of California. One of the advantages to this scenario is that it would free a significant amount of real estate in Disneyland, itself.

Why not restyle the Autopia cars in the model of the Rocket Rods... add the on-board sound to go with it and give them a new source of power... That could solve the future look AND sound problem all in one!
    Actually, that sounds pretty cool.

Hello Double Post.

• CA Lvr...TX H8r

I think it would make sense to have a 'Cars' theme for Autopia. As long as they don't get carried away with that whole Pixar thing. Personally I wish they would bring the classic autopia back.

• :)

Going Electric would be a good Idea...There is a refurb on the ride in Spet along with the monorails........

I think they should make the loading zone inside...

why? - For the CM's...it's up to 100 on somedays and they still arent allowed to have a bottle of water out there with them.....also for theming...they also should make the cars more futuristic looking, because tomarrowland is really like yesterdayland now.........If they built some indoor areas of autopia, Like.....going into a tunnel and it goes on for 2/4 of the ride with show boxes in it, etc...would rock,

Another good Idea I thought would be replacing the #'s you go stand on with Fuel Pumps with the Pump # on it....

What does Autopia have to do with Tomorrowland in the 1st place??

I rather see the entire ride closed and moved to DCA then theme it to CARS. It takes up a lot of valuable space that could be used for future expansion.

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Why not let DCA have all the pixar rides and rename it Pixar Adventure.Build a Cars themed ride simulating a nascar race track ala Test track technology.DCA needs more E-ticket rides.

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73
    What does Autopia have to do with Tomorrowland in the 1st place??
    Because Future drivers would drive them.

• e komo mai

They could change the name of 'Autopia' to 'I-5'. The Disney lawyers would love that because the cars wouldn't have to move at all. Think of the money saved on gas.

they should install a test track style ride at dca. as for cars character vehicles for the autopia, i dont like it. they should put in a couple of convertible herbies to update autopia though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    They could change the name of 'Autopia' to 'I-5'. The Disney lawyers would love that because the cars wouldn't have to move at all. Think of the money saved on gas.
    CM's and litigation too!
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Disney Secrets Master

Ummm... for your information, they already announced that they are going to do a "Cars" overlay on Autopia, this is going to happen.
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• Defying gravity

Well, I think Cars should take over Tomorrowland Indy Speedway in the Magic Kingdom. It's boring there!!! I love the Chevron Autopia cars in DL. How could we say goodbye to Dusty, Suzy, and Sparky?

• Don't mess with the duck!

Wacky idea: Turn them into Tron bikes. Or spend lots o' money and make electromagnetic cars. To be honest, I'd be happy with just a little TLC and more shade in the waiting line. Regardless, kids love this ride and the line has never been very short when I've gone.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast