Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• e komo mai

Question 'Cars' Theme for Autopia?

I was just thinking about this while reading the latest MiceAge article. How much do you wanna bet that the Autopia is going to be converted to a 'Cars' theme? I just have a feeling about this.

I think this may be an interesting idea. The ride does need to be updated again. It's showing a lot of wear.

The movie is getting great buzz and Tomorrowland is already home to two Pixar attractions (Buzz & Nemo).

What do you think?

• Zero Blockout Dates

Re: 'Cars' Theme for Autopia?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    I was just thinking about this while reading the latest MiceAge article. How much do you wanna bet that the Autopia is going to be converted to a 'Cars' theme? I just have a feeling about this.

I think this may be an interesting idea. The ride does need to be updated again. It's showing a lot of wear.

The movie is getting great buzz and Tomorrowland is already home to two Pixar attractions (Buzz & Nemo).

What do you think?
    I agree that Autopia needs refurbished. If it takes another Pixar tie-in to get it done, so be it. Still I'd truly love to see them refurbish it to look like it originally did...or at least more Disney than Pixar. Or else Tomorrowland is going to start looking like Pixarland.

I guess we're just going to have to get used to that know that Disney owns Pixar.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

I agree and I see the point in maybe waiting for it to be a big success and green lighting that super e-ticket cars ride over in DCA. I just personally would like autopia to redo the cars to be run on electricity and maybe just have engine sound effects built in - the smell of gas over their last time I went was pretty nasty and just a blatant enviromental faux pas in this day and age especially having innoventions next door.

If this happens, then my confidence in John Lasseter and the rest of the new talent will be completely shattered.

We'll have yet another string of Eisners, Presslers, and other egomaniacs who are more concerned about making monuments to themselves than understanding and appreciating the original intent of Disneyland's founder and his associates.

NO!!!! No no no no NO~! Can we please try and keep TL themed to be like TOMMOROW! Can't we come up with something better than a car ride based on Cars? What about a journey through an exotic alien game preserve, or SOME theme that relates to the future. TL can be so cool, but instead we update one attraction(Space) and let the rest of the land tumble into senselessness.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    If this happens, then my confidence in John Lasseter and the rest of the new talent will be completely shattered.

We'll have yet another string of Eisners, Presslers, and other egomaniacs that are more concerned about making monuments to themselves than understanding and appreciating the original intent of Disneyland's founder and his associates.
    For me, it would totally depend on how it is done. If it is done in a tasteful way that has a nod to it predecessor, I would have no problem with it. For instance, if it was an interactive ride where kids would actually learn how to drive with the cars talking to them, etc. That would be a cool idea.

Eisner and Pressler didn't strike me as people making homages to themselves. They struck me as people who liked to destroy what was there and then claim that they were making a profit by replacing what they took away with nada.

Disneyland is a place of timeless fiction, so the Pixar properties do not fit since they all have contemporary settings.

The Pixar people may be good at character development, but the films they create are not known as having evocative settings. So, Disneyland needs to be left to immortal classics, which are removed from contemporary reality.

Tomorrowland, additionally, needs to remain the realm of the visionary and the futuristic. Nothing about "Cars" applies.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    Tomorrowland, additionally, needs to remain the realm of the visionary and the futuristic. Nothing about "Cars" applies.
    I see what you're saying.

There were rumors in the past of the cars being transformed into the talking cars in the Chevron ads. I'm wondering if the movie has anything to do with the popularity of those commercials and the possibility of advertising the film 'Cars' in ride form at the parks.

Just thinking out loud.

• Drunk On Disney

I wouldn't mind having a Cars theme.
    And, I think we should get used to the fact that Tomorrowland doesn't really have anything to do with Tomorrow any more.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Wouldnt be too hard, they already have the Chevron talking cars, just a few repaints, new queue videos and videos for the billboard. I wouldnt mind it having a more Disneyish feel to it now that there is actually a relevant movie to mold it too. On a side note the Autopia seems to have forsaken me, being that I'm too tall to fit in the cars these days.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

No , sorry bad idea... Cars can go over to Pixarland... uh... DCA , autopia needs something else to make it a vision of the future. When it opened there were no "freeways" , now freeways are not so exiting. Electric vehicles maybe? but most def NOT a Cars theme

My Maleficent tattoo

Why on earth does everything have to be a movie tie in? Autopia needs more theming. Bonfante Garden's Car ride is far more heavily theamed with great landscaping.

Autopia looks like an over grown jungle with bad theming. All the plants are over grown and just plain ugly. Not to mention the horrible exhaust fumes from the ride. It needs to go electric.

• e komo mai

I think going electric is a good idea. They'd have to get a new sponsor, I think. Maybe they could run the cars on ethanol...?

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I dont think Autopia needs to be refurbished, it just went through a rehab 5 or 6 years ago when it reopened. I mean it went what, 30+ years in its 1967 configuration, why does it need to be updated less than a decade after being re-done?

• For You!

It would be cool if they just added Lightning or a couple of the cars. I sooo want to drive Mater!!!!! Git-R-Done!!!!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast