Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• wasting time

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    Is it that bad or what?
    YES it is!

It's nothing like Indy in Disneyland. Their ride is rollercoaster. The track wraps around a temple and the ride vehicles look like mining cars. The track has a loop 2/3 of the way thru the ride. It's not a very smooth ride. It shakes alot and the restraints are so close to your head you often keep hitting yourself. A few years ago they decided to run the ride backwards. My first time riding it was 3 years ago. Going through the upside-down loop the mining car didn't move fast enough and I started to feel myself fall up (or down?) then as we started to get out of the loop I got my head snapped back and hurt my neck. Then as the ride started to shake with the restraints & my head being only 1/8 of an inch apart I begun banging my head on each side. When the ride was over my neck hurt me & I had a heachache for the remainder of the day. I swore never to ride that attraction ever again and I haven't the past 2 times I've visited since then.

• That Guy

Okay, I must ask for forgiveness in advance, but I don't really enjoy Star Tours. I was totally psyched to go on it for the first time last year, and when I did, it shook so unevenly and crazily, I felt like I could benefit from a cervical (c-collar for my EMS pals) collar afterwards. I could almost imagine one of those cheesy third rate law firm commercials where the hillbilly is like, "When I broke my back in the construction yard after getting drunk, I was a victim..." Anyway, my clarity is draining rapidly, but the take home message is I am out on Star Tours. I would rather drive a Yugo in LA rush hour.

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    It's nothing like Indy in Disneyland. Their ride is rollercoaster. The track wraps around a temple and the ride vehicles look like mining cars. The track has a loop 2/3 of the way thru the ride. It's not a very smooth ride. It shakes alot and the restraints are so close to your head you often keep hitting yourself. A few years ago they decided to run the ride backwards. My first time riding it was 3 years ago. Going through the upside-down loop the mining car didn't move fast enough and I started to feel myself fall up (or down?) then as we started to get out of the loop I got my head snapped back and hurt my neck. Then as the ride started to shake with the restraints & my head being only 1/8 of an inch apart I begun banging my head on each side. When the ride was over my neck hurt me & I had a heachache for the remainder of the day. I swore never to ride that attraction ever again and I haven't the past 2 times I've visited since then.
    Ugh, I'm sorry. That sounds horrible!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

I would REFUSE to go on IASM. Unless I get a flame thrower. Cardboard lights up REAL well.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    That's a coaster at Lakemont Park in Pennsylvania. It's apparently the world's oldest roller coast (still standing)... says it fell into disrepair in 1985. :P
    Still standing? Not for long from the looks of things.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates

The Teacups. Nausea to the extreme. I don't get it; I can go upside down a million times.. but I can't go in a vehicle that goes in fast circles like that...
    Ooh, then don't go to a Bug's Land at DCA and ride the ladybug thing. That's a bajillion times (yes, I said bajillion ) worse than that.

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    Still standing? Not for long from the looks of things.
    They reconstructed it in 1999 and it reopened.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I don't care, I would NEVER ride This:

I would ride that for a million.
    They really should fix that eyesore up though especially if it is one of the oldest woodies.

• Merry 2014!

for a million dollars, i would ride everything in dl and dca. I would not be thrilled to ride maliboomer as i shook for about 20 minutes after riding it. But for a million? sure.

outside of dl and dca, i would not ride one of those "fly swatter" rides where you are strapped on each end of a huge fly swatter thingy and flung around and around. nor would i ride this "star flyer" swing. it is at ultimate roller coaster.com/thrillrides. strap me to a swing seat, twirl me 232 ft. in the sky forwards and backwards--i think not-- even for ten million dollars!

• Reject no more!

My friends and I once had a contest to see who could ride "Flashback" the most times in a row at Magic Mt. I made it four times and my ears were literally bleeding and I swear my brain was bruised.

Never again, not for a million bucks.

And any ride that is clown themed would get my vote too. Clowns are evil.
    Last edited by 33 reject; 04-15-2005 at 02:21 PM.
    ><> just call me n8 <><

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    So, I can assume that we can't count on your vote to move it back up where the Observatron is?
    I wouldn't really mind that, because at least the thing would be out of the way.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234