Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Inappropriate

Lightbulb Disneyland: Did You Know...

Hmm, I can't beleive no one has started this in the disneyland section after all the hits the Disney World section. Anyway, this is to share the "neat little facts" that you know about Disneyland. So to get things rolling, I'll star out with a few.

DYK that the center of Disneyland Park is marked with a golden stake in the ground in the middle of the path just on the Fantasyland side of the castle!

DYK that in the queue for Indian Jones, in the projector room there's an Eyeore parking lot sign in the ceiling next to the projector?

DYK that in Indian Jones, when the boulder is rolling towards you and your jeep goes in reverse, the jeep does not actually move. Instead the whole wall/rollingboulder in front of yuo moves away from you! It's amazing!

Okay let's see what other people have to say. ANd go ahead and request for certain rides, i'll see what i can give ya.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Canadian Member

I go to Disneyland once a year, and these "DYK"'s are old hat even to me. You're going ot have to try harder to impress the members around here.

DYK that your first DYK is not true?
    The Mur

• CM for 4 years!

My DYKs are really boring. Like:

DYK that the animal heads from Country Bear Jamboree are in the Pooh Ride?

Duh. And:

DYK that the robots in the Star Tours queue are leftover skeletons from two of the geese in America Sings? Look at the feet!

Uh huh, been there done that. Or:

DYK that a cast member died at America Sings?

I don't know anything too special.

• Inappropriate

These DYKs aren't to impress, but to entertain. If you know better ones then by all means post them. ANd as for the stake, what is the golden stake in te ground for then?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• LoisAlene

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants
    These DYKs aren't to impress, but to entertain. If you know better ones then by all means post them. ANd as for the stake, what is the golden stake in te ground for then?
    It marks the center line of main street so that the castle is centered when viewed from main street. it is, alas, just a common survey marker.
    (info from Kevin Yee's 101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland)

DYK - Kevin Yee's book is highly entertaining and Full of things I didn't know - and no, I'm not being paid to shill for him, Y'all should get a copy and enjoy it!
    I know I'll be bringing my copy with me in October.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Momzilla59
    It marks the center line of main street so that the castle is centered when viewed from main street. it is, alas, just a common survey marker.
    (info from Kevin Yee's 101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland)

DYK - Kevin Yee's book is highly entertaining and Full of things I didn't know - and no, I'm not being paid to shill for him, Y'all should get a copy and enjoy it!
    I know I'll be bringing my copy with me in October.
    Where can I pick up this book? amazon.com says it will take 1-2 months to get, and I can spend $12.... but I want it now!!

• LoisAlene

I ordered it from This site,which linked to Amazon. 1-2 months?! Wow! I got mine when it first came out and it took about 3 weeks to get. Maybe they have to Make some more!
    I could type some of 'em out but hey, why ruin the suspense! I just finished the book wishing it were 1001 Things.
    Order it now, you may be pleasently surprised and get it earlier.

Did you know - I'm a complete idiot!, I Did order direct from this site, not Amazon.
    Last edited by Momzilla59; 04-14-2005 at 06:00 AM. Reason: I am So totally dumb at night

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I ordered the book from this site and it got here right quick.

Did you know that prior to building Disneyland, Walt asked his old friend Art Linkletter to accompany him on a visit to an Anaheim orange grove. While standing among the trees, Walt described the theme park he wanted to build. All the while Linkletter was thinking, "I wonder how much money he's going to ask me for?" Finally, after Walt was finished, Linkletter asked, "How much money do you need, Walt?" Disney replied, "I have all the financing I need to build the park. I brought you out here because you're my friend. I need someone to buy all the land surrounding my Disneyland and build motels, restaurants and such for my guests. I wanted to give you the first opportunity to get in on this." The next day, Linkletter asked his broker for advice. The reply was, "Iffy....at best." Linkletter passed. He later remarked, "When I walked out of that orange grove to our car, my decision to pass cost me a million dollars a step!"

To be honest, I have no way of verifying if this story is true or not....but it sure makes a good story!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants
    Hmm, I can't beleive no one has started this in the disneyland section after all the hits the Disney World section.
    http://www.micechat.com/showthread.p...eyland+secrets

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney

Did you know that prior to building Disneyland, Walt asked his old friend Art Linkletter to accompany him on a visit to an Anaheim orange grove. While standing among the trees, Walt described the theme park he wanted to build. All the while Linkletter was thinking, "I wonder how much money he's going to ask me for?" Finally, after Walt was finished, Linkletter asked, "How much money do you need, Walt?" Disney replied, "I have all the financing I need to build the park. I brought you out here because you're my friend. I need someone to buy all the land surrounding my Disneyland and build motels, restaurants and such for my guests. I wanted to give you the first opportunity to get in on this." The next day, Linkletter asked his broker for advice. The reply was, "Iffy....at best." Linkletter passed. He later remarked, "When I walked out of that orange grove to our car, my decision to pass cost me a million dollars a step!"

To be honest, I have no way of verifying if this story is true or not....but it sure makes a good story!
    it's all true.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney

Art Linkletter has told this story many, many times over the years. I believe him. It's one of those great stories of where if you play it safe you lose out on a fortune.

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005 at 08:56 PM.

• Drunken Disneyland Master

More Disneyland Secrets.... REVEALED!!!

The Grand Canyon Diorama, in the Disneyland Railroad, is the largest diorama ever painted that features real taxidermy animals. But donít worry, the plain of glass that separates you keeps the dead animal smell away. In the early 70s, a man with a gun shot this plain of glass and Disneyland hasn't replaced it, since they would have to lift the entire sheet of glass via helicopter. Now Disneyland park security will not allow any firearms on the Disneyland Railroad.

The Mark Twain Steamboat is sometimes referred to as the Samuel Clemens Paddleship.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Big Drunk Dave @ DL; 04-14-2005 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Forgot to put "thank you" at the end of the post

• Minion

I seem to remember that plain pane of glass tale is about the one in the ballroom scene in HM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast