• Disneyland Freak

The newest thing to protest a return for while the 50th is hot...

Patrick Begorra, the Little Man of Disneyland was evicted back in 2001 when his tree-home was removed. (PRESSLER!!!) I think he's a great, little known, part of Disneyland's past and it would be really neat if he was brought back to Disneyland. Maybe into the new Tinkerbell store, back in Adventureland, but it would be great if he was returned to Disneyland. Poor little leprechaun.

Does anyone have pictures of his tree-knot-hole home?

Here's some info about him that I got from my copy of Kevin Yee's Magic Quizdom...

The Little Man of Disneyland, a leprechaun named Patrick Begorra, was an invention in 1955 by The Walt Disney Company to advertise the new Park via the popular book series Little Golden Books, which continue to delight children today. Supposedly this leprechaun lived on the land before Disneyland was even built. A tree trunk in Adventureland was hollowed out partly, and Guests could peer into it to see his home, complete with miniaturized furnishings. Because the public’s memory is short, the hollowed trunk soon lost its meaning and the hole was filled up — but the tree stayed in Disneyland until September 2001! If you looked closely at the tree nearest the Jungle Cruise entrance, you found the cement-filled knot — maybe six inches across — that was once the home of the Little Man of Disneyland.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Disneyland Freak

Re: The newest thing to protest a return for while the 50th is hot...

Nothing?
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

• Mousketeer

Pictures, we want pictures!

Was this one of the trees that they removed after the tree falling incident a couple of years back?

• back in Austin

I never saw him. When I was at the park in 1978, I'm sure I didn't know to look for him! I too would like to see a close-up photo of his abode.

• Dont make me unfriend you

I really don't think they should bring back the leprechaun. I mean, really, the leprechauns are taking all of the good jobs from pixies and fairies. I know, I know, some of you will say, "the leprechauns only take jobs that the pixies and fairies won't do." Oh, horse pucky! Pixies and fairies won't work for the wages that leprechauns work for. The only reason that leprechauns can afford to work at such cheap rates is because they stuff twenty of them into one tiny tree trunk. If Disney kicked out the leprechauns and didn't allow more in, then more pixies and faires would be willing to do those types of jobs.

I say round up all the leprechauns in the park and throw them out. Build a fence around the burm to keep others out and then the pixies and fairies can go back to working the park like they should.

• Disneyland Freak

^ LOL.

That was also my hope in posting this was that SOMEONE would have a picture...
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

• rebmeM roinuJ

i honestly had no idea about that. thats pretty cool. anyone know what year the hole was filled? and i also would be interested in a picture or two. why did they get rid of it?

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Odd I never knew about that little guy. I say bring him back!

• Inhospitable about happy

I do hope they told the little guy before they filled in his tree.
    "Soints preSARVE us! What're you..glub..blub...glagg..."

• Disneyland Freak

LOL! Well they took out the entire tree too so if anything he's resting in peace some where underground or mulched up on someone's lawn .
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com