• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

A quick info update from the DLR - 6/2/06

First, some info from the current CM Guide....

Cafe Orleans is now scheduled to open on June 10th (instead of the 9th)

Pirates and the Blue Bayou are still listed as reopening on Monday, June 26th.

The Mad Hatter on Main Street is currently closed, and scheduled to reopen on June 30th.

The Fantasyland Camera Kiosk (near iasw) will be closed from June 5th thru the 15th.

June 24th has been added as a block-out date for all Main Entrance Admission Passes and Cast Member IDs at both theme parks.

Let me quote from the CM Guide...

BLOCKOUT DATE ADDED

On Saturday, June 24, DIsneyland Park will host invited Guests for the world premiere of Walt Disney Pictures 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest". The event will be held in New Orleans Square and will be limited to invited Guests only, including the cast, filmmakers, celebrities and media represenative from all over the world.

To support the event, Theme Park and location hours have been revised and plans have been developed to provide a seamless experience for our Resort Guests. Therefore, to ensure that our guests may enjoy the magic of the Resort, June 24 has been added as a blockout date for all Cast Member Main Entrance Admission Passes (silver, blue and green passes) and Disneyland Resort Cast Member IDs at both Disneyland Park and Disney's California Adventure Park.

Also, Annual Pass holders, ONLY the Premium AP's are valid for entry on June 24th, all other AP's are blocked out.

And from Disneyland.com....

50th Last Chance Sweepstakes!

The 50th Anniversary Celebration of Disneyland® Park won't last forever, but you can enter the 50th Last Chance Sweepstakes for your chance to win a piece of this historic Disney event! But hurry, your last chance to enter is July 31, 2006. To enter you must be registered with disneyland.com and select "Enter 50th Last Chance Sweepstakes".

Fifty Disneyland 50th Anniversary commemorative prizes will be awarded to 50 random winners. The prizes are:

ONE (1) Grand Prize: Framed Disneyland 50th Commemorative Pressed Penny Collection

TEN (10) 2nd Place Prizes: Framed 50th Anniversary Souvenir Map with Commemorative Pins

TEN (10) 3rd Place Prizes: Framed 50th Anniversary Golden Mouse Ears with Commemorative Pins

TWENTY-NINE (29) 4th Place Prizes: 50th Anniversary Commemorative 2 CD Set: The Official Album of the Disneyland® Resort

Also, let me add, I stopped by Disneyland this afternoon, and they removed the walls from the small area near the French Market, that some claimed was going to be a stage.

It looks like just a new staircase was added to the west end, that faces the Rivers of America, and a new end piece was added (basically a planter).

The staircase area might end up being used as a stage, but it LOOKS like the rest of the area......

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1521256

And for the Jewel of Orleans fans, they just got in 50 new pieces of Jewelry today!!!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: A quick info update from the DLR - 6/2/06

awesome photo update man! what was the structure out in the parking lot?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kidatheart
    awesome photo update man! what was the structure out in the parking lot?
    That is the new Disney Vacation Club building, it will host a mock-up of one of the typical rooms you can buy as a timeshare.

EDITED to add the location: It is on the north end of the Timon lot, near the Disneyland Hotel Bonita Tower.
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 06-03-2006 at 07:09 AM.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    That is the new Disney Vacation Club building, it will host a mock-up of one of the typical rooms you can buy as a timeshare.

EDITED to add the location: It is on the north end of the Timon lot, near the Disneyland Hotel Bonita Tower.
    I will add some information to this.

It is a mock-up I do not know will be a working room of Saratoga Springs Resort & spa at WDW.
    this will be standard model room for most of the DVC resort. Only One DVC resort is not this size of room, It at Disney Old Key West resort is first DVC resort. The OKW room are bigger.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Having a Grand Day!

The push at the DLR is amazing for a service that only exists in Orlando - Booths in the Hotels, In the Parks, In DTD and now a mockup of a room.

I think we will be seeing the 4th Disney Hotel very soon, or Burbank has gone absolutly Bonkers (and it seems nobody at TDA has been able to stop the booths from going up, if they tried).
    Last edited by drnilescrane; 06-03-2006 at 07:41 AM.

Also, Annual Pass holders, ONLY the Premium AP's are valid for entry on June 24th, all other AP's are blocked out.

And from Disneyland.com....

Let me make sure i understand this correctly lol. i am planning on going the 25th and 26th but we will be there on the 24th. since i have an Premium AP i can get into the park that day for the event?? or do i still need to be on the list??

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Premium AP's will be allowed into the park from 6:30 AM to 5 PM. But with the west side closing around 2 PM, Fire Marshall Capacity for the park will be lower than normal, so you might not be allowed in if the park is full.

Being allowed into the park is to enjoy the attractions like normal.

As for the premiere itself, the official policy has not been announced, but based on the first premiere, guests inside the park were allowed to remain on Main Street and watch the celebrities walk down the carpet.

ONLY those with the special invite were allowed into the West Side of the park. Even those with media passes weren't allowed to the actual premiere party.

So you need to be on the Premiere list to actually attend the screening.

• All you need is LOVE

thanks for the info

• A New Kind Of Villain

That's really good to know. I was talking to the CM at the VKM booth on thursday and he said that all passes would be blocked that day and the only way into either park was to pay for a ticket. I'm not entirely sure I want to go that day (Maybe just to ride DCA stuff after 9:00 pm) but that would have caused possible disaster with Premium AP holders considering the reasoning behind it is it's marketed as having no blockout dates not "No blockout dates unless we have a special event with celebrities we want to clear the park for." Nevermind the fact that this block-out date for Premium AP's hadn't been announced anywhere. >_<;;;
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Ian The Fox

Very nice! Thank you for the dates.

If we have a premium pass, can we observe the premiere on June 24, or will they usher us out of the park before the premiere happens?
    Woof!

• Prefect

Blog Entries

^Only invited guests will be allowed at the premiere, so once the red carpet part is over, I'm guessing they will clear everyone else out.

DB, Do you know if they're going to set up some kind of press background wall for the red carpet? I want to make sure I'm camped out on the correct side of Main St.

Also, is the DVC model a permanent structure? It seems VERY out of place. I found the small architectural model just to be just fine on our tour. Also, it's not like you have to stay in one of the DVC properties...ever. You can use your points at Disney hotels, plus other places. Just wondering.
    <o>

• no flash photography...

we will be there that weekend as well. I have already told my group the park closes at 5 and we do not get to see any of the special events. It's not that confusing...LOL

what time do the celebrities walk down the carpet ? or what time did they walk down last time ??

can deluxe pass holders buy a blackout ticket ?

thanks ~~
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

^The plan is for the Red Carpet walk to start at 5 PM, and end around 6:30 PM.

As for Blockout tickets, if Disney decides to sell Single Day tickets to the public on the 24th, then Blockout tickets will be on sale, but as soon as Disney feels the crowds are too big (and the park will have reduced capacity due to all the attractions and areas that will be closed in the afternoon), they will stop selling all Single Day tickets, including Blockout passes. So if you need a blockout pass, get to the park EARLY! (but still, no guarantees).