Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The Twilight Zone

Re: Replace Toontown?

you know what would be cool but would require more space if the houses were situated like they're on an actual street because right know they are a little scrabled. but down one street it could have a few villlians houses.

i liked the idea of having the house of mouse restaurant. IT could playing cartoons new and old. that'd be cool

I agree. A make-over would really be a great move. Maybe, after the whole pirates thing is done, they can start to focus on other parts of the park.

Villain houses would be so cool!

• The Twilight Zone

They could have mortemer mouses house ( i donthink thats how you spell it) Petes house and maybe even have an actual grassed back yard and plutos house could be there. and you can actually go in and it seems as if its a big dog mansion

• The Twilight Zone

sorry the graased back yard goes along the lines for mickey's house

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wettham1783
    To my understanding Toontown was originally meant to be a temporary land. Only because of its popularity did they decide to keep it. Now, it seems to be getting run down and has very little left to offer even the little kids, let alone big kids like me! Bare minimum a complete update is needed if not a whole replacement.
    You're thinking of Mickey's Toon Town Fair at Magic Kingdom. It was to celebrate Mickey's birthday (Mickey's Birthday Land), then became Mickey's Star Land before being known as it is today.

• Shh..

Well I used to play toontown and it was kinda getting boring, you having to pay 80$ a year and the connection kept getting lost so now I play VMK and sometimes neopets and things like that. But I suggest the restraunts that you CANT go into you can, and you can order things from the menu, and not have anymore cogs at least cause I totally dont want to deal with them and like have cars that you can go on the street, and suff I just want a game where you dont have to do any missions. Its too much work now, I only have like 42/42 meter thing on toontown. You ever think there would be stockers on toontown?

Well I hope they make it better, ( and stop using the scroll down chat thing )
    It's GREAT to be a Viking!

Were going down, down and a earlier round,
    And sugar, were going down swingin'
    I'll be your number one, with a bullet,
    A loaded god complex,
    Clock it and pull it.
    - Fall Out Boy, Sugar, Were Goin' Down

I'm to quarters and a heart down,
    And I don't wanna forget how your voice sounds,
    These words are all I have so I'll write them,
    So you need them just to get by,
    Dance, Dance, were falling apart to half time,
    Dance, Dance,
    And these are lives you'd love lead to lead,
    Dance,
    This is the way they'd love if they knew how, misery loved me.
    - Fall Out Boy, Dance Dance

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioku
    Well I used to play toontown and it was kinda getting boring, you having to pay 80$ a year and the connection kept getting lost so now I play VMK and sometimes neopets and things like that. But I suggest the restraunts that you CANT go into you can, and you can order things from the menu, and not have anymore cogs at least cause I totally dont want to deal with them and like have cars that you can go on the street, and suff I just want a game where you dont have to do any missions. Its too much work now, I only have like 42/42 meter thing on toontown. You ever think there would be stockers on toontown?

Well I hope they make it better, ( and stop using the scroll down chat thing )
    Um, yeah. They're talking about the REAL Toontown.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Shh..

Oh!!! i thought they meant the GAME toontown!! LOL oops sorry ppl
    omg omg omg omg omg im so embarassed >_<
    Last edited by Kioku; 06-03-2006 at 03:05 PM.
    It's GREAT to be a Viking!

Were going down, down and a earlier round,
    And sugar, were going down swingin'
    I'll be your number one, with a bullet,
    A loaded god complex,
    Clock it and pull it.
    - Fall Out Boy, Sugar, Were Goin' Down

I'm to quarters and a heart down,
    And I don't wanna forget how your voice sounds,
    These words are all I have so I'll write them,
    So you need them just to get by,
    Dance, Dance, were falling apart to half time,
    Dance, Dance,
    And these are lives you'd love lead to lead,
    Dance,
    This is the way they'd love if they knew how, misery loved me.
    - Fall Out Boy, Dance Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Kioku
    Oh!!! i thought they meant the GAME toontown!! LOL oops sorry ppl
    omg omg omg omg omg im so embarassed >_<
    Lmao! I'm sorry. too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Actually Toontown has a TON of potential.

It just needs a good budget to start.
    I agree. There's so much potential for TT. The problems it is facing right now are the fact that there are really only two rides (Go-Coaster and Roger Rabbit) and an incredibly fancy meet-and-greet.

I think the area could be greatly improved with just a few more rides/attractions. Mickey's Philliarmagic has already been suggested, and would be ideally located in the town hall or one of those other empty buildings between Roger Rabbit and Minnie's house.

I think a highly themed sit down restaurant themed to House of Mouse (again already suggested) would be great, as there are really no sit down restaurants on that side of the park. Theres Blue Bayou, Golden Horseshoe, and Aladdin on the one side of the park, and the only thing that could be considered even close to a sit-down eatery on the other side is Club Buzz/TL Terrace, which has none of the theming of the other restaurants previously mentioned. Therefore, a great, themed, sit-down restaurant in that area of the park would really be a draw, IMO.

While a Fab-Five dark ride would be great, i would really like to see something along the lines of a Great Toon Movie Ride. In other words, some kind of ride that pays homage to the classic Disney animated films that we know and love, but that may not have a big enough draw on their own to warrant their own dark ride (or even those which may in many people's minds warrant their own ride, but Disney has never gotten around to building ie Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, etc).

Im picturing the ride replacing either goofy's and donald's house/boat, or the go-coaster and chip/dale's treehouse. the ride could be themed to be a tour of all the films currently being "digitally remastered" (aka refilmed), and we are allowed a special sneek peek at the classic scenes from the movies. I can see either of these 2 different versions: 1)standard scenes, mickey is the guide, 2) lilo/stitch are guides, with stitch jumping into the scenes and wreaking havoc like he did in his movie ads (chandellier falling in Beauty/Beast ballroom scene, maybe stitch roasting marshmallows during bambi's forest fire, etc)

all it would take is some cash (and let's face it, 1 cloned show and 1 restaurant wouldnt cost all that much to start off with until a budget can be allowed for a great state of the art dark ride) and that little land in the back corner could really become THE place to be for families. I really enjoy TT, I just wish there would be more to do there. Hopefully with Lassetter, Ouimet, and Co. there will be!!!!!
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Can people still go into Mickeys Barn and watch Classic Mickey Cartoons?

• I'm going to Disneyland

Toontown is for kids and I know that the kids just love Towntown, so I say keep it.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Leave Toontown alone for now and FIX Tomorrowland.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• ...TWO BITS!

I'm probably going to put a new "what i would do with Mickey's Toontown" thread soon, cause I think I might have finalized a good plan. But I want to check it with you readers:

1) So, what if the northern half of Toontown's food court was converted with Philarmagic on the bottom and House of Mouse or Ink & Paint Club (sit down restuarant with cartoon shorts playing) on top? Either Philarmagic underground and restaurant on top with ground level. Or Philharmagic underground & above ground level and then restaurant sitting on top.

Restaurant entrance and exit basically infront of (maybe new) gazebo where photo ops usually are. Then on the sides of the entry/exit would be City Hall and other "hole in the wall" eatries like Pluto's Hot Dog, etc. Chairs & tables are across the eatries and a small hall/asile and sits with flower planters near the gazebo.

1.5) As for entrance into Philharmagic, convert the gas station into the "Toontown Community Playhouse" or something close to that name. I THINK restrooms can still be there but rethemed as the concert hall restrooms. So once inside, guests wind their way down into the main lobby (basically under where the old eatries currently are left of City Hall). I think the screen would be on the northside, audience on the south side. Perhaps exit could be City Hall near that store near Roger Rabbit's exit (I hope that sentence made sense).

2) The Jolly Trolly will remain and a Jolly Trolly will be stationed outside for photo ops .

3) Brief idea for Mickey & pals dark ride: inside Mickey's House. Cars are trackless and themed for Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc. Most of the things you see inside the current Mickey House will be reused for the ride. The story is Pete is stealing short cartoon film reels from Mickey's private film vault and intends to make himself the star of those pictures. This way, he gets the fame and fortune inside of Mickey. So we hop in a car and (with Mickey & pals) chase after Pete through famous old cartoons like Steamboat Willie, The Band Concert, Tailor Mickey, etc. Ride music is "The Storm", "Flight of the Bumblebee", and "William Tell Overture" in cartoon style. Climax is everyone gets sucked into a tornado. At the end, Pete gets wrapped up in the film stock, Mickey explains he wouldn't be the mouse he is today without Pete's help. And now Pete is okay with it. Load station in Mickey's garage. Enter Mickey's House, exit Mickey's garage (just like now).

4) You can still visit Mickey in his movie star trailor (designed like the trailor in "Mickey's Trailor" short). Located where Chip n Dale's Acorn Crawl is.

I have other ideas, I'll save it for my actual thread. What do you think? And yes, this topic of replacing Toontown has been discussed many times before.

EDIT: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27638
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 06-03-2006 at 06:29 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Considering that Toontown is the only place to find a Roger Rabbit attraction in Amercia, it should stay. I hope that the team at Pixar can start putting Roger back into the spotlight. He has been missed from the Disney family for a while.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast