Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Replace Toontown?

Unfortunately, Pixar can do little about the mess surrounding Roger Rabbit. He is owned by both Disney and Steven Spielberg, who was the one responsible for convincing WB to let Daffy, Bugs and other WB cartoon characters appear in the movie. They had repeatedly said no until he went in and "convinced" them to make it happen. For that, he got 50% of the character, and thus because his asking price to use Roger in anything is so high, you don't see Roger in the Park anymore, not will any more movies likely by made as he just wants too much for the rights to use Roger.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed before but here it goes. I believe that Mickeys Toontown has really lost it's appeal. It was fun in the beginning but now the only real appeal the place has is Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin. In other words, I feel Toontown is a huge waste of space that I would much rather see turned into another big attraction like Everest or something else of that magnitude. What do you guys think? Should Toontown be replaced with something bigger and better?
    you read my mind dude !!!!!!!
    5.6 miles away from the entrance of POTC!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I think Toon Town should stay, it draws more kids to the area than anywhere else in the park, so I have to say that it should stay.

I'm not sure why people do not like Toon Town. It's a nice little place. It has Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin which I know a lot of my friends love and they're grown adults. Even Gadget's Go Coaster produces a small thrill, but I'll admit it's not worth 40 minutes for. If I had small children of my own, then maybe I would wait for it. Heck, I'm almost 21, yet I still like to shake Mickey's hand and even take a picture with him. Who says you HAVE to be a kid to do that. Toon Town was built with family in mind, probably 80% for kids and 20% for adults, but it is for the family nonetheless. Just because you've grown up and don't visit Toon Town as often, doesn't mean the land should be shut down and destroyed. Let the next generation enjoy it.

• Still lost in Neverland

I love Toontown, and always have. Heck, I'm 64 and I still love the Toons. The only thing they need there is more shade. The toons would appreciate it as well. You hit it correct when you said let the next generation enjoy Toontown. We keep forgetting that we are not kids anymore, well some aren't and you know who you are, but for us Kids at Heart and the real kids, it's a great place.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• The Fantasyland guy

I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying.. it needs food and anoher attraction.

but, I also agree that we need to fix tomorrowland first.

• Hooterville, USA

Rip it out and make it "Villain's Land". Give people somthing good to go under the tracks for.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Rip it out and make it "Villain's Land". Give people somthing good to go under the tracks for.
    Again, just because you're not a kid anymore and probably don't visit Toon Town much anymore, doesn't mean that they should "rip it out."

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace
    Again, just because you're not a kid anymore and probably don't visit Toon Town much anymore, doesn't mean that they should "rip it out."
    You're right, I'm not a kid anymore. I am now old enough to spot quality. I don't spot any in Toon Town.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Toon town is in need of trees, its a lot of open space. Although with the Trolley back it might look more welcoming again.

• ...TWO BITS!

Innerspace & Lost Boy: thank you.

I'm glad to see some people can actually see what is good for the MAJORITY of vistors; and not just for themselves (selfishly).

Everyone has similar and different opinions. But don't judge Toontown because you personally don't like it. Think of others. Think about the opposite perspective.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Minion

Toontown is one of my favorite areas of the park. Too bad when it opened I was just over the height limit for most of the attractions.

I think they should move the whole thing to the Hollywood Pictures Backlot in DCA. It would be a lot more cohesive than what's currently there. Toontown IS in L.A. after all... Heck, Marron studios would work better than the Hollywood Pictures Backlot theme.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Interesting thought.

What if it was Valley of Villainy that went into Backlot Studios at DCA? I read this idea before, but it didnt really pop in my head til now.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 06-07-2006 at 11:38 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123