Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Replace Toontown?

I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed before but here it goes. I believe that Mickeys Toontown has really lost it's appeal. It was fun in the beginning but now the only real appeal the place has is Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin. In other words, I feel Toontown is a huge waste of space that I would much rather see turned into another big attraction like Everest or something else of that magnitude. What do you guys think? Should Toontown be replaced with something bigger and better?

• Disneyland Freak

Re: Replace Toontown?

Hmm.. How old are you? Maybe that's why it's lost it's appeal because you might not be the age it's targeted towards?

ToonTown rocks my socks.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Minion

Old enough to still enjoy Fantasyland. At least Fantasyland has lots to do and see. In Toontown most of the buildings are just facades. Since they removed alot of the interactive things such as Chip and Dales tree house and Goofy's bounce house, the Jolly Trolley, removed alot of stuff from Donald Ducks boat. It's just become stale compared to what it was when it first opened.

• :)

you both put up two real good reasons....Toontown is designed for younger kids, I remember when I was young, and toontown just "re-opened" it was my favorite to goto in the park...as I grew older and we didnt make it in toontown on time (because of fireworks) or something...I wasnt that bummed out...ToonTown is meant for little kids, and if adults enjoy it than thats awsome too...I personally just like the misters :P but Disneyland does need a rollercoaster or something...NOW instead of REPLACING Toon Town, I say they add 1 or 2 attractions in there (10 buildings taking up space w/ fake furniture is nice for the little ones...but even if you're little, it gets old...after your first visit)....Back to how disneyland needs a new ride, I say they replace INNOVENTIONS with a rollercoaster (even though space is right next to it..cough cough...competition...and it would pack TL with people, I say do it...Innoventions is cool and all, but I personally believe its a waste of Disneylands Budget....and if they MUST...they can remove the marble ball to make line room or some better theming....Also...The old People Mover track, from what I heard WDI is already in the works on producing something for that (I heard Incredibles) but not 100% sure on that...

Maybe it's just because Toontown wasn't around when I was a child, but I have no attachment to it at all. We spent more time there when our boys were little, but now we only really venture into Toontown to ride the Roger Rabbit ride and occasionally the little rollercoaster if I'm with my son and the crowds aren't too bad. My husband won't ride it as his legs won't fit into the little acorn cars. For the most part, Toontown seems kind of stagnant to me now. I think the idea itself is good, especially for small children, it just needs some work. I would hate to see Toontown replaced with something that has a height requirement.

• Shablagoo!

I'd hate to see it go, how else will I get my Jessica Rabbit fix. I'd rather they expand it with Mickey's Philarmagic or a House of Mouse Restaurant, or some other great idea.

• Hit it, Skip!

i was scared to death of toontown when i was little. Ironically enough, I started liking it more in Junior High (I know, weird kid). Anyways, I wouldn't want them to tear it down, But i think they should put a lot more fun stuff in it. don't demolish Mickey's house!

• Travel-Sized Guardian

I'm not fond of Toontown myself, but I'm all for seeing a fab five/Mickey Dark Ride in Gadget's Go Coaster's place. Maybe make it a la the old SNES video game, Mickey Mania, and have it go through different cartoon shorts Mickey starred in? (like, Steamboat Willie, Lonesome Ghosts, The Band Concert, Moose Hunter, Sorcerer's Apprentice...just suggestions.) I agree with Schmielsen, it needs more attractions with no height requirement.

To my understanding Toontown was originally meant to be a temporary land. Only because of its popularity did they decide to keep it. Now, it seems to be getting run down and has very little left to offer even the little kids, let alone big kids like me! Bare minimum a complete update is needed if not a whole replacement.

• Still lost in Neverland

There are only two things needed here for Mickey and all his friends to enjoy.

1. The perfect place for Philharmagic, and there is more than enogh room for this by simply replacing some things are that nothing but facaces, like the gas station.

2. More shade trees all over. It is just way to open and hot back there. They really need to have toon trees to keep everyone cooler especially now with the intense heat we are starting to get.

Toontown is a great place for all of us "kids" at heart, and I would hate to see it go. Where would Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Roger and all the rest of the Toons live?
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Prefect

Blog Entries

It definitely needs sprucing up & the addition of a show or ride(s). It's time to spend some real dollars out there, IMO.

Goofy's Bounce House has been replaced with a terrible playground and the S.S. Daisy is basically a walk-through museum. Chip and Dale's Treehouse lets you walk up some stairs...and walk back down. (Nothing to see here, folks!!) There is a ton of dead space inside the post office/jail house and without the Jolly Trolley, you have 2 rides and a meet-and-greet area.

Toontown could be a really great area if they made some major changes.
    <o>

• Ian The Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    1. The perfect place for Philharmagic, and there is more than enogh room for this by simply replacing some things are that nothing but facaces, like the gas station.
    I have to agree that Philharmagic should get ported over to DL. Toontown could use a bit of sprucing up, but I like the concept of it and have fun there.
    Woof!

• :)

Lets just build a Fantasyland parking lot there plz...

• Banned User

Actually Toontown has a TON of potential.

It just needs a good budget to start.

• Star Tours Fan

My 3 year old Nephew loved Toontown & Tom Sawyer Island. Got to have a place where the kids can run around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast