Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Favorite All Time Memory of Disneyland is...

My favorite memories are a toss up between:

The first time my daughter got to meet Cinderella.

The first time I kissed the love of my life... at the place we met.... THE HUB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

My favorite Disneyland memory didn't actually happen in the park. I used to jest that the first man that took me to one of the Disney parks would be the one I would marry.

He did--and I married him.

And guess where we went after 4 months of dating?

Surely, there are a ton of other memories. I'll think of more.

Peace out,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Very moving stories people, keep them coming! ;o)

Talking Re: Favorite All Time Memory of Disneyland is...

I took my wife to DL for our honeymoon (anniversary 09/28/2003), She hadn't been in over fifteen years! I had always heard of the Balcony seats for Fantasmic! but never went with anyone who really wanted to do it. We did, had a blast. Stayed at the GCH, now she tells me she's too spoiled to stay anywhere else . But after the $$ had been spent, it was still worth it. The Customer Service and special attention we received not only made an impression on me, but has made DL a constant week long vacation for us ever year. Plus I got to see what the fuss was about this "DCA" .
    </IMG></IMG>
    Spoiler
    BURP!

• Inhospitable about happy

First week of August, 1969. Annual family DL trip. We're riding the Jungle Cruise, and just at the point near the end in which that the skipper does the gag about "the most dangerous part of our journey, civilization and the LA freeways," etc., instead he said, "Anyone know what's happening this weekend?" No one knew. "The Haunted Mansion is opening! Typical Disney; it only takes them ten years to build a ride."

My brother and I were crestfallen. Seems like we'd been waiting our whole lives for the HM to open, and now we just missed it and wouldn't see it for a whole year.

But the following week, some meeting or other required us to drive thru Anaheim and as we passed DL, my Dad said, "You two want to go in there for a few hours?" Absolutely UNHEARD OF. He knew how much we wanted to see the HM.

Bliss. Absolute bliss. We got to see the HM Thursday of opening week. I was 14 and an absolute HM geek from then on. (And yes, that means I saw the Hatbox Ghost, and yes I remember it well.)

BEST DL TRIP EVER. Bar none.

• Wonderful World

Mine would be the first time I went.When we left I was crying and screaming I didn't wanna leave
    I'm back MiceChat

So hard to choose one...

#1 has to be the day before my family and I went when I was about 6, my brother 10, and we were up half the night planning our assault on the magic kingdom using one of the huge wall maps they used to sell. I don't remember the trip as well as I remember that map and the sleepless night.

#2 is a tossup between the last day my ex-girlfriend and I were a couple and the canoe races last year. There's just something about the park at 5:30 in the morning that stirs the heart.
    The last day with the ex was actually a really great day.

Wink Re: Favorite All Time Memory of Disneyland is...

My favorite memory was last year when we took our 2 sons and our new daughter, who was only 7 weeks old at the time. We were having dinner at Ariel's Grotto, which still had Captain Mickey at the time. Our sons and just about all the other kids in the restaurant were out on the patio doing the chicken dance with Donald Duck when Mickey Mouse came in. He saw our daughter and came over to look at her, and started to play with her and pet her head (she didn't have much hair then and I was actually worried that Mickey was going to rub it all off with all the head petting). Well, Mickey became quite smitten with our little princess and must have stayed at our table for at least ten minutes petting her little head. And after he left, he kept coming back to see her and my boys every couple of minutes. He'd visit us, go visit another table or two, and then come back and visit us again. It made my sons feel very special to have Mickey keep coming to visit their table (even though their sister was the one getting most of the attention), and our whole family was just as tickled as can be (although I doubt the guests at the other tables were quite as amused).

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Keep those memories alive and coming here on this post. ;o)

• Oh my Goodness!

Red Face Re: Favorite All Time Memory of Disneyland is...

Wow, so many memories to choose from. Here are a few:

My 5th Birthday: We went to the B.B. and I guess my parents had told them that it was my birthday. After dinner they came out w/ a cake that had sleeping beauty's castle made out of frosting on top of it w/ little plastic figures of the fab 5. My 5 year old brain almost couldn't handle that.

Mickey's 60th Birthday: I turned 6 that year and thought it was so cool that Mickey was 60 and I was 6. They had this birthday party thing for him once or twice a day over at the Plaza Inn. It had already started and Mickey had come out and it was almost time to sing Happy Birthday whe I dropped something under the table. When I stood up I wacked my head realy hard on the hard table bottom and started crying. Mickey came over to me and picked me up and held me while Everyone sang Happy Birthday to him. To me it was like Mickey shared his Birthday party w/ me.

Sword in the Stone: We took a family trip w/ Grandma and Grandpa when I was around 7 or 8. Grandpa and I were waiting for the rest of my family to come back from somewhere and so we waundered over where they had just started the Sword in the Stone Ceromony. I happened to be picked to be the one to pull the Sword out of the stone and back then Merlin put a crown, and a cape on and septer in my hand and walked me from the Sword to the Enterance of the Castle annoucing I was the Queen of the Morning (I could only be queen of the morning because when Arthur got back he might be upset that I took his crown). Everyone in my family missed the whole thing but my Grandpa. It was always our special thing.

Planning Engagment: MY two friends were getting engaged and I helped Eric plan the whole thing. The morning of Chauna got a letter from Tink telling her Peter Pan (Eric) had been kidnapped by Cptn. Hook. Tink was flying ahead to try to find him and would have her friends (other disney characters) leave clues for Chauna along the way and that the Fairy Godmother (me) was coming to get her. We went to DL and spent the whole day going all over DCA and DL getting clues from CM's and even Mickey and Minnie (at Ariel's in DCA). It ended in one of the little back nook areas by Pirates. She had to ride Pirates by herself and then I sprinkled "Pixie Dust) from the exit of Pirates to where Eric was waiting w/ the ring. It was awesome to be a part of that and to see how involved CMs were willing to get in our crazy project.

July 17, 2005 - I was there. Need I say more?

Sorry if this was too long. Just soo many memories. This isn't even a small part of all the memories stored up in my brain from Disney.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Spending my 15th birthday (back in 1989) at Disneyland. Best birthday ever.

It's gotta be the first time you go,especially if you are young.My first trip was in 1965 when I was 10 years old.The memories are quite vivid,even of the crappy motor motel we stayed in.And the time you take your own children and see and feel the total joy that you felt as a child. Isn't that why we all go back so many times?

• that's right!

Probably seeing "Remember" for the first time.

When I took my nieces and cousin to Disneyland. My ex-boyfriend is a CM, and when he got off his shift, we found a nice spot too watch remember ... (it was during the holidays). My little niece who is 2 just was potty trained. (at the time). well, my boyfriend was holding her when the snow came down. I said, "aww look how pretty Bella. Snow!!" and she looked at my boyfriend and said, "I have to pee." and we couldnt stop laughing. that is the best one.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Yeah! My first post to go 2 pages! ;o) I'm happy as a billion dollar mouse!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast