Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Frozen lemonade addict!

Re: Favorite All Time Memory of Disneyland is...

*BUMP*
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mugen80/
    http://jjhernandez.smugmug.com

• POTC Fan!

My fondest memory of Disneyland was a time when I was around 13. I was there for my birthday and it started raining, I mean pouring rain. We watched the water just flow into the Rivers of America and at that time, they would only keep the rides open that are enclosed. Most of the people left the park, unlike today where they will stay despite the weather.

We just walked onto Space Mountain and when we finished, since there was no line, we were asked by a CM if we just wanted to stay on and ride it again. Are you kidding? I can't remember how many times we got to stay on but it was the time of my life.

Now whenever rainy days strike, I find myself wanting to be at Disneyland again, just to relive that day over again!!

• Senior Minion

I have quite a few memories.

1. It was december of 2005. my best friend and I had decided before I moved that when we turned 21, we would go to Disneyland for a few days and have the time of our lives!! And we did. My first vacation without any adults around, and just us, goofing off, catching up and having fun!
    The best memory from that time, I think was our picture with Santa. We thought it would be funny to do that for a joke and if the picture turned out decent, we'd frame it and give it to my mom for a christmas present. The joke, it seemed was on us. First, Santa hit on us, he said something like "ohh..two teenage girls with me..wonder what mrs claus would have to say about this?" Then, we saw the picture briefly, and it looked fine, so later we went back to get it and saw it up close.

My best friend bought the picture and sent me a copy and I have it framed in my room now, next to the stuffed Tivo I won earlier that day.
    I just remember the two of us hanging out, going on every ride, seeing every show at both parks, trying to accomplish everything we could. I think the only thing we didn't accomplish was her getting to have a picture with Peter Pan. We tried and tried and even attempted to stalk him every time we saw him in passing. I even saw the electrical parade for my first time, with good seats. We watched Fantasmic almost every night, and before hand- she would save us a spot and I would run and get the food and drinks from the Bengal barb-a-que and we'd eat and watch at the same time.
    The fireworks were soooo cool and to see the park decorated for Christmas just made everything seem so magical. I had called my mom earlier that day to see how things were back at home and she said that it had snowed a bit that day, and I was crushed. I just loved watching it snow and playing in it, no matter the amount. So, that night, my best friend insisted that we had the perfect spot for the fireworks (which it was) and at the end, it snowed. That just made my day.
    I had never been to the park around Christmas before, just in the summertime, and to see how it was transformed was amazing. How It's A Small World was decorated and lit up, and the light show there, the Haunted Mansion Holiday was cute, and I enjoyed it, even though HM is my least favorite ride (the first time I went on it, I was 16 and freaked out. I loved the Christmas parade, something I had only heard about.

2. I was about 9 or so years old and we had just come back from the park to the hotel to take a nap and go swimming for a bit before going back at night. So, we were all walking in the pool area, and the ground is, of course, slippery. Well, my mom slipped and broke her right arm. Got her to a doctor's office and she had a semi-cast put on. We still went back that night, but it was hard for her on the rides, cause now she had to hold on with one hand.

3. Also December 2005. A few quick ones here. Getting to see real Reindeer for the first time. It was amazing and so weird. It made us almost think that Santa really did exist for a moment since there were eight reindeer and a sleigh. At the animation studio in DCA, we were hanging around, going into the library, for starters. My best friend had finished her quiz and went over to mine as I was finishing. I got Mrs. Potts and a voice behind me said I was naughty, I was pot. It was a CM, semi-cute but annoying, he said that my best friend had gotten the same thing and that we were troublemakers he was going to keep his eye on. So, we left the room, weired out. We went into the LM room and were doing the voices, and he joined it with us and then was egging us on to do another and when he went to visit another CM, we saw that he was still watching us. So, we browsed the store and he had followed us.
    Then, we saw that Monster's Inc ride had no walls around it anymore and as we walked by to get a closer look, we were asked if we wanted to be one of the few people getting to get a sneak peek of the ride before anyone else. That was soooo cool!

I could go on and on about the fun times i've had. I might post a few more quick ones later.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• My arms are tired!

Well, mine has to be from my trip in February, my first to DL since 1976. I was hosted by a bunch of great people and on the second day I got a bonus visit and we sank a boat in Pirates at the first drop, not once, but twice. It was hilarious, (for us), and the bonhommie of the group I was with made the visit ultra sweet. Third time was the charm and we got a guided tour from the CM in the booth which was also hilarious.

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Favorite All Time Memory of Disneyland is...

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake
    and we sank a boat in Pirates at the first drop, not once, but twice. It was hilarious, (for us),
    How do you sink a boat in Pirates, is that why the ride shuts down? If someone does this on my trip will I get soaked and everything I'm carrying will get soaked? I can't tell if this person is joking or not! ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL
    Mine is from a few years ago.

My daughter, Alyssa, was about 6 at the time (she is almost 10 now). Alyssa has Cerebral Palsy and uses a wheelchair, she also wears glasses. On this trip she wanted nothing more then to see Ariel. She was very into The little Mermaid and my husband always called her our little mermaid because she can't walk but she is a great swimmer.
    Well, we waited in line to see Ariel. Alyssa was so excited. When we got to Ariel she asked Alyssa her name, then Ariel said "Did you know that Alyssa is a Mermaid name?" Then Ariel told Alyssa that she liked her chair and how neat it was that it could take her all over the park to see everything. She also told her how beautiful her "eye jewelry" (glasses) were. It just made Alyssa so happy. She was smiling from ear to ear. I, on the other hand, had tears in my eyes. Most of the characters are very good with Alyssa but I felt like Ariel just went above and beyond and made Alyssa feel special instead of just different.
    What a wonderful wonderful story. I have tears in MY eyes.
    Beautiful memories and THAT'S what Disneyland is all about...

God bless you and your family.

Greetings

Oh how I loved reading this thread. There are so many magical memories of that place. I don't have to go into any real detail of the special combination of beautiful California weather, the excellent dusks, the twinkle and glow as the park springs to life at night...

My first visit to Disneyland was in 1976. I was 7 years old and I remember it vividly. Yeah, I LOVED America Sings...and loved my Peter Pan hat with my name stitched in it.
    But it was that old Antebellum Mansion that rested just off the Rivers of America...that captured my imagination and my wonder. Oh how it thrilled me and filled me with glee. (still does)
    I recall my father taking me on The Haunted Mansion again and again and again...as I begged and asked to ride it over and over.
    (And yes, the Mansion was an 'E' ticket and my father stood in line for more tickets quite a bit.)

But that was not my favorite memory.

I recall my visit when I was 17.
    I was excited and dreamed about how much fun I'd have. However when I rode my favorite rides....something had changed...I saw all the magic revealed...my childhood memories of the illusions and wonder turned to dissapointment when I realized the fact that it was just a park. With screws and metals, lights and production values. I was truly a little depressed. I saw the wizard behind the curtain.
    But then, I visited the Enchanted Tiki Room. Oh...that is such an amazingly fun attraction and the music...the SAME music I recall as a child...the same voices, the same everything....made me smile and beam and by the time Jose lead us in 'Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing' I was chirping and tweeting and whistling right along with Jose, Pierre, Michael and Fritz.
    Yeah, The Tiki Room saved me and taught me to view the park with the eyes of a child...and for the rest of my visit, the cynical 17 year old vanished...and I was a kid again.
    And the Disney magic did the rest.

But that was not my favorite memory...

My wife and I spent our wonderful Honeymoon at Disneyland. We rode everything many times over and laughed and giggled and played.
    We ate Mickey Mouse Pancakes and delicious Cinnamon Rolls sitting on the curb on Main Street in the early morning of the park's opening.
    Mmmmm. I recall I had a wonderful bread bowl of gumbo in New Orleans square while I watched the Paddle Boat drift slowly by...and we ate at the Blue Bayou while watching the fireflies buzz.
    We met Tarzan and we were impressed by his amazing abs...
    We LOVED the Indiana Jones ride....
    And I rode the Haunted Mansion 15 times in just two days.

But even that's still not my favorite memory...

No...I can honestly say that my favorite memory is one from this past March.

My 4 year old son, Edward seeing Disneyland for the first time. Riding Pirates with me and singing the songs...sitting on my lap in the Tiki Room and beaming...with a smile that lit up his whole face.
    Singing 'Tweet tweet-tweet,tweet-tweet' with him and my wife...in that magic room....
    Watching the AMAZING 50th anniversary fireworks show while eating skewered meat from the Begal Traders eatery, sitting on Main Street, and surrounded by the loves of my life.
    Yeah that's my favorite memory of Disneyland.

-Prof. Griffin

• Back After Missing MC

Wow, thank you for sharing such great memories. They really embody what Disneyland is about, no matter how old you are there is always something that will amaze you.

AH THERE YOU ARE....there's a little something I forgot to mention...

I wanted to share this moment from my latest visit to Disneyland last March. My son and I were riding Pirates and we were headed up on the Flume at the end.

My son says, "Rats!"
    I reply, "What? What's wrong?"
    He points to the glowing eyes under the beams. "Rats." He says again.

It doesn's seem like much but that was one of my favorite moments. Just fun.

Prof. G

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234