Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Favorite All Time Memory of Disneyland is...

Micoofy Duck here again, just curious to find out what everyone's favorite all time memory of Disneyland is. Whether it's from your childhood or your most recent trip, I want to know what your fondest, most precious, most tear jerking and most appericated moment is while at Disneyland in California. I Guess DCA counts but let's try to focus on Disneyland.

My favorite memory hasn't happened yet. When I go at the end of July I'll report back my favorit all time memory for Disneyland. Until then, let's hear yours.

Pictures are welcomed! ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• I am a Pluto lover

Re: Favorite All Time Memory of Disneyland is...

My favorite memory was age 12. My mother took just me to DL.
    It was to celebrate my getting out of elementary school.

We had gone on family vacation before but I was to small for most of the rides, so she made a special trip just for me.

My mother raised 4 daughters alone, no child support. I know now how financialy hard this trip was. But she did it, it was the best time. Just me and my mom. No sisters to battle. How I was I be there again.

My mother is gone now, I often wnder if she knew how much that trip meant. I couldnt pin point just one part of it. It was the whole trip and all the things we spoke of and all we did... I will never forget...
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Minion

Having visited and worked with and in the park hundreds of times over the past 47 years, I can distill the most memorable time to just a couple hours about 8 years ago.

My business partner and I had a delivery to make as vendors and were visiting with several contacts backstage when we realized it was nearing lunch time. He asked me if I wanted to have lunch inside the park so we decided to head onstage. On the way I mentioned that my parents and dad's brother, who was visiting from Pennsylvania, were in DL that day on a trip down from central California. I said wouldn't that be a surprise if we ran into them.

We were no sooner crossing the hub when I spotted them looking at the menu at the Plaza Pavillion. We walked up behind them and asked if we could help them. They just couldn't believe they were seeing us standing there and then we asked them to join us for lunch at The Blue Bayou. It was early spring and the restaurant was a "walk in" with waterfront seating and we had a wonderful time.

Dad was beginning to really decline with congestive heart failure and it was his last visit to S. California and DL. He died a year later.

/\ Those are great stories.

I only visited once, and remember how outstanding the whole trip was. I wish I could see it more clearly in my mind, but I was so young when we went, it's hard. Just having a great time with my mom, dad, and brother.....and finally getting to eat a Micky Mouse waffle.

This post reminds me of that lucky little girl who was the 2,000,000,000th guest. The green eyed monster keeps coming up when I think about her.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I have a bunch...
    There's the time I came to Grad Nite in 1978 with a buddy of mine. We both had taken the proficiency exam as juniors, so we weren't even in school. We actually got to go to Grad Nite with a completely different high school from our area because we knew one of the students. Can you believe that?! Try that now days!!
    Anyways, my girlfriend was there the same night, but she didn't know that I was there, because I wanted to have fun... not be with my girlfriend.
    I kept seeing her, but she didn't see me and my buddy, so we'd have to go to another part of the Park so she wouldn't see us.
    Eventually she spotted me and I actually tried to ditch her, but she caught up with me and was all upset that I didn't want to be with her.

SOOOOOOOOOOO, I broke up with her!

Heck of a nice guy that I was.

Happy Grad Night Honey!!

Oh well, I still had fun...

Then there was the time...
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Goofing around with Peter Pan on my birthday!

And the feeling I felt after I rode ToT for the first time!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I don't have a memory as poignant as MellyMouse's (that was really beautiful), but probably the memory that stands out most in my mind was during the summer of 1967 when I was 10 years old--old enough to remember everything about that wonderful day. Tomorrowland was totally refurbished with so many new rides and we rode IASW and POTC for the first time ever. As a 10 year old, IASW was glorious with wall to wall singing dolls. As I recall, so many of the new rides didn't require a ticket and we were able to ride Adventures Through Inner Space, The Carousel of Progress, and even (I think) IASW over and over again. I remember the five of us sitting in one of those speaker phone booths by the circlevision thingy and calling my grandmother. She had a fit because she thought we were on a phone that enabled us to actually see her and she had just gotten out of the shower. No, it wasn't THAT advanced--it was just cool for all of us be able to talk to her at the same time. Oh, the People Mover seemed really special, too. It was as though we were visiting an entirely new park. I can still remember walking out to our car at 1:00 in the morning singing the song from COP. I still love that song and the memories it brings back.

• Banned User

Mission B.C. Canada!!!!!!!! Off to California!!!!!!!!!

is tot really scary or ok?

I am still curious about TOT

from Jeff

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Thankfully there are far too many to choose from but this was a highlight:

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Oh, I remember now. My trip to disneyland was the first time I rode all the rides. It was also the first time I had heard of them and seen them. So, PotC and the Haunted Mansion were SO cool to me. I though "wow, how could I have never heard of this stuff before?" hehe. I guess I forgot that DL was my first trip to a Disney park.

ALIASd, what was the festival of fools like?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Ok...I have more than one....

1) Anniversary #4...We got into Club 33 AND our Disneyland Hotel manager friend hooked us up in the corner suite on the 9th floor facing the park. What an amazing day....and night! We watched the fireworks from our balcony, we had Mickey Mouse bathrobes, jacuzzi tub...it was a very romantical night!

2) The proposal: I had composed a song, in which I asked my wife to marry me and had set up a stereo in a room in the Disneyland hotel. We spent the day at Disneyland and I managed to talk her into "visiting a friend" in the Disneyland Hotel. Fortunately she said "yes" or that would have NOT been one of my favorite memories....

3) First visit with the new family - Ditched work and went on a rainy weekday. The park was nearly empty and my wife and I introduced our young daughter to all of our favorite rides.

4) Walked out of a Candlelight meeting in the Plaza Inn...and the park was empty. The lights were on, but not a CM in sight. I just stood there and soaked it in...

I have more, but I should probably stop....

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter13
    ALIASd, what was the festival of fools like?
    It was truly terrific show, colorfully and wonderfully staged. It was in the open air arena created for the show in the Big Thunder Ranch area. Fabulous costumes and props, very Mardi Gras-esque. The music was of course, wonderful and it featured Quasi's exciting wire work.

I still have the green, gold and purple beads from the show!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Favorite All Time Memory of Disneyland is...

Keep those memories coming. I'm enjoying reading about everyone's unique and diverse memories. Thank you everyone for taking the time to share. I can't wait to share my new memories in August over at my blog, Micoofy dot com and here at MiceChat dot com.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

Mine is from a few years ago.

My daughter, Alyssa, was about 6 at the time (she is almost 10 now). Alyssa has Cerebral Palsy and uses a wheelchair, she also wears glasses. On this trip she wanted nothing more then to see Ariel. She was very into The little Mermaid and my husband always called her our little mermaid because she can't walk but she is a great swimmer.
    Well, we waited in line to see Ariel. Alyssa was so excited. When we got to Ariel she asked Alyssa her name, then Ariel said "Did you know that Alyssa is a Mermaid name?" Then Ariel told Alyssa that she liked her chair and how neat it was that it could take her all over the park to see everything. She also told her how beautiful her "eye jewelry" (glasses) were. It just made Alyssa so happy. She was smiling from ear to ear. I, on the other hand, had tears in my eyes. Most of the characters are very good with Alyssa but I felt like Ariel just went above and beyond and made Alyssa feel special instead of just different.

• Banned User

I went 3 years ago for the first time ever., it was horrible, my son cried the whole time and it was so hot and we just had to sit at our motel and swim. but.......... I went back again last year and met so many wonderful people!! and they kept me entertained and took me on almost every ride. and it was the best 3 days of my life........... until......... This last time when we had the hakauna makarla meet..... that will always be the best time I have ever had. People ( to many to name) made this trip so special and it was truly the most magical time of ym whole life!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast