• :)

Walt Disney Immagineering...

Does anybody know how to contact WDI? do they have a website? stuff like that...
    I know on the disney website theres just a brief thing on WDI but it doesnt say much....does anybody know?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Walt Disney Immagineering...

From: http://yellowpages.superpages.com/li...aging=1&PI=105

Walt Disney Imagineering
    1401 Flower Street, Glendale, CA 91201
    (818) 544-6500

Thank you, does anybody have an e-mail or home website? I've been searching google...I dont know if its just me being dumb but I cant find it....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Click the link and scroll to the bottom of the page where you see the WDI Imagineering thing. Beneath it are links to its phone number, Email, & description. I don't think it contains a link to their official site, but I bet if you call or email them, them can put you in the right direction.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

This here is an un-official WDI website:
    http://homepage.mac.com/wlwesq/Imagineering/

Here is the official Disney site:
    http://corporate.disney.go.com/caree...gineering.html

Thanks again

• FastPass n00b

I'd like to work there one day, but I'm not sure how hard it is to get in or if I have what it takes. I mean, there's a lot of people who want to work in Hollywood too, but that doesn't mean they're going to be acting in the next Spielberg film. I would be willing to start out at the bottom, even just sweeping floors, to work there.

My impression of WDI is that it's a lot like professional sports or filmmaking, everyone wants to do it but only a select lucky few will ever get to do it. I mean, I'll definitely try in the future but I think that WDI is more of a pipedream than a feasible profession.

Does anyone know how difficult it is for sure?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    I'd like to work there one day, but I'm not sure how hard it is to get in or if I have what it takes. I mean, there's a lot of people who want to work in Hollywood too, but that doesn't mean they're going to be acting in the next Spielberg film. I would be willing to start out at the bottom, even just sweeping floors, to work there.

My impression of WDI is that it's a lot like professional sports or filmmaking, everyone wants to do it but only a select lucky few will ever get to do it. I mean, I'll definitely try in the future but I think that WDI is more of a pipedream than a feasible profession.

Does anyone know how difficult it is for sure?
    The best thing is to get in with Disney in any way. Even if it means working at the park.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

WDI is a difficult place to get into.

When you call the number listed above, it takes you to Disney phone center and not really WDI. You have to know who you are calling to be connected really.

But yes, WDI is very difficult to get a job at. They get thousands and thousands of applications a year. Best bet is to get a job at the park. Then after a few years, generally 2 or 3 and you have worked up the ladder a bit, send in your portfolio to WDI and try to transfer. There are many "non-Imagineering" jobs there, such as cleaning, serving food, working in the gift shop selling merchandise. From there you can work your way up as well and get to know people.

It all really depends on what you want to do. There are many different places within WDI to work that you really need to know what you want to do first before you even send in your resume.

• Small Projects Team

The job is in high demand when it shouldn't be. For the first few years that you work there, the senior imagineers will dump all of their busy work on you and it will be awhile before you start any fun stuff, and it's more than likely that you will eventually be layed-off (assuming you even get the job in the first place). My recommendation is that if you end up working there, help people out, make connections, learn new skills, be a "go-to" guy, and you'll be able to work your way up the ladder.

• Bruin Basketball Fan

I want to work there when I graduate. But then again.. like everyone else said.. its the dream job for a lot of people.

• Creative Director

if you really want it, you will do want it takes- realistically- to get there. you can do it, but no one says it will be a walk in the park.
    I wish you all the luck and hope you do do it if really want.
    I want to work for Disney Creative Entertainment, so I know how it feels. they do different stuff though.