1) So, what if the northern half of Toontown's food court was converted with Philarmagic on the bottom and "House of Mouse" or "Ink & Paint Club" (sit down restuarant with cartoon shorts playing) on top? Every 60-90 minutes maybe the cartoons stop, screen rises, and Mickey & the Gang perform a live stage show. Here's a great idea: Get Sylvester the Jester (or someone similar) to perform a cartoon/magician act for House of Mouse/ Ink & Paint Club!! LINK: http://www.sylvesterthejester.com/ga...sylvester.html
EDIT: Good news everybody, Slyvester the Jester replied to my messege and said if Disney paid well, if they don't change his character's look, and he had a good stage to perform on, he'd love to perform at Disneyland
Either Philarmagic underground and restaurant on top with ground level.
Restaurant entrance and exit basically infront of (maybe new) gazebo where photo ops usually are. Then on the sides of the entry/exit would be Backstage Theater Access, Clarabelle's Frozen Yogurt, Daisy's Diner, and Pluto's Dog House. Chairs & tables are across the eatries and a small hall/asile and sits with flower planters near the gazebo.
2) As for entrance into Philharmagic, convert the gas station into the "Toontown Community Playhouse" or something close to that name. I THINK restrooms can still be there but rethemed as the concert hall restrooms. So once inside, guests wind their way down into the main lobby (basically under where the old eatries currently are left of City Hall). I think the screen would be on the northside, audience on the south side. Perhaps exit could be Backstage Theater Access near or inside the Five & Dime store.
NOTE: I would not want Philarmagic in Fantasyland Theater because DL needs this live theater entertainment.
2.5) I did have another idea of keeping Philarmagic & Fantasyland Theater. Still convert Toontown's food court with House of Mouse without changing the gas station. Demo Fantasyland Theater and have the site with FLT on the west side and Philarmagic on the east side of this site. FLT audience face east while PM audience face west. The 2 theaters share the same stage/backstage sort of. Or keep the show buildings separate to keep sound away from each other then use the space between for FLT backstage or something. Entrance & exit to PM will be on east side across from train depot. Themed as "Toontown Community Playhouse". FLT snack shop & restrooms may be removed or moved elsewhere. Fantasyland entrance through the backstage area between current FLT & Storybook/Casey JR train. Themed as Enchanted forest. At the end, guests move north into the new FLT themed with a cross between Festival of Fools and Medevial tents. Snacks & restrooms under stadium-like seating. Stroller parking along the enchanted forest walkway. Or restrooms replaced with stroller parking while keeping the current restrooms. This way the restrooms will serve a better purpose for FLT, PM, Train, & Small World.
I think I prefer this way better for Philarmagic. Also, this is a good way to keep the attraction open while the rest of Toontown is closed for fireworks.
3) The Jolly Trolly Station will be rebuilt (within the boundaries of its "island") to provide shade and a Jolly Trolly will be stationed outside for photo ops . But if at all possible, return J.T. as a mini-ride that takes riders on a gentle stroll through Downtown Toontown and Mickey's Neighborhood. Only one entry & exit at the station. Can probably have 2 trollys running at the same time. The new expanded station will be queue.
4) Put "Pete's Gas Station" in the planters between the Jolly Trolly service building and DL railroad. But the guests on the train should still be able to see in Toontown. It would probably not take up ALL the planter space. Just snuggle it in there, still leaving planters on the side (with trees). This new station can probably have a car wash (mini-water play area), snack shop, water fountain, rest area (shade), restrooms (??) and the usual props and gags found at the current station.
Could probably put more Food Court facades around this planter like the Bank, Court Room, and City Hall. Guests can go inside and explore the Bank, City Hall, and Gas Station similar to Fire House and Jail. More trees dangling over the ramp that you enter Toontown for more shade. I believe they already have benches here.
There's actually quite a bit of room in this planter.
4.5) OR have Bank, Courtroom, & City Hall facade infront of House of Mouse. Then put frozen yogurt, pizza, & hot dog offerings at the southeast planters. For seating, maybe have upstairs outdoor seating, a good view of Toontown & passing trains. Also maybe put seating in the slope that leads from train bridge to Toontown.
5) Brief idea for Mickey & pals dark ride: inside Mickey's House. Cars are trackless and themed for Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc. Most of the things you see inside the current Mickey House will be reused for the ride. The story is Pete is stealing short cartoon film reels from Mickey's private film vault and intends to make himself the star of those pictures. This way, he gets the fame and fortune inside of Mickey. So we hop in a car and (with Mickey & pals) chase after Pete through famous old cartoons like Steamboat Willie, The Band Concert, Tailor Mickey, etc. Ride music is "The Storm", "Flight of the Bumblebee", and "William Tell Overture" in cartoon style. Climax is everyone gets sucked into a tornado. At the end, Pete gets wrapped up in the film stock, Mickey explains he wouldn't be the mouse he is today without Pete's help. And now Pete is okay with it. Load station in Mickey's garage. Enter Mickey's House, exit Mickey's garage (just like now).
6) You can still visit Mickey in his movie star trailor (designed like the trailor in "Mickey's Trailor" short). Located where Chip n Dale's Acorn Crawl and the north half of the treehouse are.
7) The rest of Chip n Dale's treehouse will be destroyed and a new pathway made to go into Frontierland.
8) Gadget's station and coaster rethemed to "Goofy's Plane Crazy".
9) Donald's boat destoryed and rebuilt as an actual looking cartoony HOUSE-BOAT. Queue is walk-through his house (with interactive elements), then ride "Tugboat Donald" (play on words to the cartoon short "Tugboat Mickey". Toon Lake redone and expanded to have tugboats float through the lake and under Goofy's Plane.
Not sure if to have a GPS trackless system or boats with a track system. Probably have Huey, Duey, and Lewie in random places to squirt water at riders. Maybe also have guests watching squirt water and/or control water bombs at riders for a wet experience.
10) Goofy's Playhouse destoryed because his new house will be the load station theme to the roller coaster. Replaced with "Chip n Dale's Acorn Falls" or some other name. Their new house will be adult friendly, also because it's a queue to a new family drop ride (also have interactive elements in queue). The theme will have you feel as if you were underground. The family drop ride will have theme acorns suspended to a tree. The ride will send guests riding acorns up and down and circling the tree while giving a nice view of Toontown. The actual location of the drop tower will probably be where the new toddler playground is. OR the queue is the toddler playground and the drop tower is Goofy's House.
11) Move the toddler playground elements into Toon Park, or make a new "Toontown Community Garden" and have those play things here.
12) More trees and shelters for shade
I think that's about all I have to say. What do you think? Questions/comments??
My only concern is space for the Toontown Christmas tree. Maybe infront of the new City Hall.