33 58.93%
  • Dislike It

10 17.86%
  • Neutral

13 23.21%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ...TWO BITS!

New Ideas for Mickey's Toontown

1) So, what if the northern half of Toontown's food court was converted with Philarmagic on the bottom and "House of Mouse" or "Ink & Paint Club" (sit down restuarant with cartoon shorts playing) on top? Every 60-90 minutes maybe the cartoons stop, screen rises, and Mickey & the Gang perform a live stage show. Here's a great idea: Get Sylvester the Jester (or someone similar) to perform a cartoon/magician act for House of Mouse/ Ink & Paint Club!! LINK: http://www.sylvesterthejester.com/ga...sylvester.html

EDIT: Good news everybody, Slyvester the Jester replied to my messege and said if Disney paid well, if they don't change his character's look, and he had a good stage to perform on, he'd love to perform at Disneyland

Either Philarmagic underground and restaurant on top with ground level.

Restaurant entrance and exit basically infront of (maybe new) gazebo where photo ops usually are. Then on the sides of the entry/exit would be Backstage Theater Access, Clarabelle's Frozen Yogurt, Daisy's Diner, and Pluto's Dog House. Chairs & tables are across the eatries and a small hall/asile and sits with flower planters near the gazebo.

2) As for entrance into Philharmagic, convert the gas station into the "Toontown Community Playhouse" or something close to that name. I THINK restrooms can still be there but rethemed as the concert hall restrooms. So once inside, guests wind their way down into the main lobby (basically under where the old eatries currently are left of City Hall). I think the screen would be on the northside, audience on the south side. Perhaps exit could be Backstage Theater Access near or inside the Five & Dime store.

NOTE: I would not want Philarmagic in Fantasyland Theater because DL needs this live theater entertainment.

2.5) I did have another idea of keeping Philarmagic & Fantasyland Theater. Still convert Toontown's food court with House of Mouse without changing the gas station. Demo Fantasyland Theater and have the site with FLT on the west side and Philarmagic on the east side of this site. FLT audience face east while PM audience face west. The 2 theaters share the same stage/backstage sort of. Or keep the show buildings separate to keep sound away from each other then use the space between for FLT backstage or something. Entrance & exit to PM will be on east side across from train depot. Themed as "Toontown Community Playhouse". FLT snack shop & restrooms may be removed or moved elsewhere. Fantasyland entrance through the backstage area between current FLT & Storybook/Casey JR train. Themed as Enchanted forest. At the end, guests move north into the new FLT themed with a cross between Festival of Fools and Medevial tents. Snacks & restrooms under stadium-like seating. Stroller parking along the enchanted forest walkway. Or restrooms replaced with stroller parking while keeping the current restrooms. This way the restrooms will serve a better purpose for FLT, PM, Train, & Small World.

I think I prefer this way better for Philarmagic. Also, this is a good way to keep the attraction open while the rest of Toontown is closed for fireworks.

3) The Jolly Trolly Station will be rebuilt (within the boundaries of its "island") to provide shade and a Jolly Trolly will be stationed outside for photo ops . But if at all possible, return J.T. as a mini-ride that takes riders on a gentle stroll through Downtown Toontown and Mickey's Neighborhood. Only one entry & exit at the station. Can probably have 2 trollys running at the same time. The new expanded station will be queue.

4) Put "Pete's Gas Station" in the planters between the Jolly Trolly service building and DL railroad. But the guests on the train should still be able to see in Toontown. It would probably not take up ALL the planter space. Just snuggle it in there, still leaving planters on the side (with trees). This new station can probably have a car wash (mini-water play area), snack shop, water fountain, rest area (shade), restrooms (??) and the usual props and gags found at the current station.

Could probably put more Food Court facades around this planter like the Bank, Court Room, and City Hall. Guests can go inside and explore the Bank, City Hall, and Gas Station similar to Fire House and Jail. More trees dangling over the ramp that you enter Toontown for more shade. I believe they already have benches here.

There's actually quite a bit of room in this planter.

4.5) OR have Bank, Courtroom, & City Hall facade infront of House of Mouse. Then put frozen yogurt, pizza, & hot dog offerings at the southeast planters. For seating, maybe have upstairs outdoor seating, a good view of Toontown & passing trains. Also maybe put seating in the slope that leads from train bridge to Toontown.

5) Brief idea for Mickey & pals dark ride: inside Mickey's House. Cars are trackless and themed for Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc. Most of the things you see inside the current Mickey House will be reused for the ride. The story is Pete is stealing short cartoon film reels from Mickey's private film vault and intends to make himself the star of those pictures. This way, he gets the fame and fortune inside of Mickey. So we hop in a car and (with Mickey & pals) chase after Pete through famous old cartoons like Steamboat Willie, The Band Concert, Tailor Mickey, etc. Ride music is "The Storm", "Flight of the Bumblebee", and "William Tell Overture" in cartoon style. Climax is everyone gets sucked into a tornado. At the end, Pete gets wrapped up in the film stock, Mickey explains he wouldn't be the mouse he is today without Pete's help. And now Pete is okay with it. Load station in Mickey's garage. Enter Mickey's House, exit Mickey's garage (just like now).

6) You can still visit Mickey in his movie star trailor (designed like the trailor in "Mickey's Trailor" short). Located where Chip n Dale's Acorn Crawl and the north half of the treehouse are.

7) The rest of Chip n Dale's treehouse will be destroyed and a new pathway made to go into Frontierland.

8) Gadget's station and coaster rethemed to "Goofy's Plane Crazy".

9) Donald's boat destoryed and rebuilt as an actual looking cartoony HOUSE-BOAT. Queue is walk-through his house (with interactive elements), then ride "Tugboat Donald" (play on words to the cartoon short "Tugboat Mickey". Toon Lake redone and expanded to have tugboats float through the lake and under Goofy's Plane.

Not sure if to have a GPS trackless system or boats with a track system. Probably have Huey, Duey, and Lewie in random places to squirt water at riders. Maybe also have guests watching squirt water and/or control water bombs at riders for a wet experience.

10) Goofy's Playhouse destoryed because his new house will be the load station theme to the roller coaster. Replaced with "Chip n Dale's Acorn Falls" or some other name. Their new house will be adult friendly, also because it's a queue to a new family drop ride (also have interactive elements in queue). The theme will have you feel as if you were underground. The family drop ride will have theme acorns suspended to a tree. The ride will send guests riding acorns up and down and circling the tree while giving a nice view of Toontown. The actual location of the drop tower will probably be where the new toddler playground is. OR the queue is the toddler playground and the drop tower is Goofy's House.

11) Move the toddler playground elements into Toon Park, or make a new "Toontown Community Garden" and have those play things here.

12) More trees and shelters for shade

I think that's about all I have to say. What do you think? Questions/comments??

My only concern is space for the Toontown Christmas tree. Maybe infront of the new City Hall.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 06-12-2006 at 10:14 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

Re: New Ideas for Mickey's Toontown

Filmfreak11, you just couldn't resist, huh!?

Great ideas like always!

• decorating

It's so sad kids wouldn't know who Gadget is- she shjould really have an educational show, so she could be relevant again.
    I loooooove the Jungle Cruiseish boats you can drive at the Disneyland Hotel-I think some Toon Townish ones scould go in.
    And I love the idea of a cartton restaraunt (playing carttons, that is)

• Disney worshipper/geek

Definitely good ideas, especially number 5. I noticed in your signature links to ideas for other lands. You have intrigued me enough to look at the others. Kudos
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

I dont like it, I say bulldose it and make conan the barbarian world, with bungie jumps, live bull fights, and riding shotgun in funnycars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    5.6 miles away from the entrance of POTC!

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Filmfreak11, you just couldn't resist, huh!?

Great ideas like always!
    Hehe, nope! "You can't keep a good dog down, bow-wow-wow-wow" Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986
    Definitely good ideas, especially number 5. I noticed in your signature links to ideas for other lands. You have intrigued me enough to look at the others. Kudos
    Thanks. Glad you're interested in the other ideas. Hopefully the very long posts won't turn you away. ENJOY!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Me Mountain
    I dont like it, I say bulldose it and make conan the barbarian world, with bungie jumps, live bull fights, and riding shotgun in funnycars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope you're not serious...

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by ladyalmalthea
    It's so sad kids wouldn't know who Gadget is- she shjould really have an educational show, so she could be relevant again.
    I loooooove the Jungle Cruiseish boats you can drive at the Disneyland Hotel-I think some Toon Townish ones scould go in.
    Gadget could be considered as an original Disney character not based on any TV show or Movie, kinda like Figment at EPCOT. For HISTA, the movie series are not as popular as before. But some people can see HISTA as an original attraction without any movie tie-ins. You don't really have to watch the movies to understand it. That's one of the reasons why I think TRON would be a good replacement for HISTA.

I think I'd rather have a ride than remote control boats. That's just me. Your thought is still good.

NOTE: I edited my original post.

-Jurassic Park

I like the House of Mouse idea. It would kind of neat if they did make a replica of the house from the TV show. Have a sit down restaurant and big screen in the middle playing classic as well as some new Disney cartoons. Every character you could imagine comes out and greet guests.

I've yet to actually see Philarmagic show at Walt Disney World. Last time I was there they were still showing the Lion King show. So I have no opinion on that idea.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ From what I understand, when you sit down, the screen looks normal. But when the show starts, it starts to wrap around the audience in some form. So the screen is apparently BIG and LONG. Which is why I think this theater would work better sitting beside a new enclosed FLT instead of underground under House of Mouse.

-Jurassic Park

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    ^ From what I understand, when you sit down, the screen looks normal. But when the show starts, it starts to wrap around the audience in some form. So the screen is apparently BIG and LONG. Which is why I think this theater would work better sitting beside a new enclosed FLT instead of underground under House of Mouse.
    The curtains expand after they 'remove' the screens frame. Think of a movie screen with a ornate column + header around it.. and that 'disappears' somehow and then they expand the curtains to a larger screen during a dark sequence.

The column+header disappearing and reappearing is a cool effect.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus
    The curtains expand after they 'remove' the screens frame. Think of a movie screen with a ornate column + header around it.. and that 'disappears' somehow and then they expand the curtains to a larger screen during a dark sequence.

The column+header disappearing and reappearing is a cool effect.
    Yeah, what this person said. That's what I meant, LOL. Honestly, I haven't seen the show yet in person. I did see (I think) it on youtube. But seems to have disappeared.

-Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    1) So, what if the northern half of Toontown's food court was converted with Philarmagic on the bottom and "House of Mouse" or "Ink & Paint Club" (sit down restuarant with cartoon shorts playing) on top? Every 60-90 minutes maybe the cartoons stop, screen rises, and Mickey & the Gang perform a live stage show. Either Philarmagic underground and restaurant on top with ground level.

Restaurant entrance and exit basically infront of (maybe new) gazebo where photo ops usually are. Then on the sides of the entry/exit would be Backstage Theater Access, Clarabelle's Frozen Yogurt, Daisy's Diner, and Pluto's Dog House. Chairs & tables are across the eatries and a small hall/asile and sits with flower planters near the gazebo.

2) As for entrance into Philharmagic, convert the gas station into the "Toontown Community Playhouse" or something close to that name. I THINK restrooms can still be there but rethemed as the concert hall restrooms. So once inside, guests wind their way down into the main lobby (basically under where the old eatries currently are left of City Hall). I think the screen would be on the northside, audience on the south side. Perhaps exit could be Backstage Theater Access near or inside the Five & Dime store.

NOTE: I would not want Philarmagic in Fantasyland Theater because DL needs this live theater entertainment.

2.5) I did have another idea of keeping Philarmagic & Fantasyland Theater. Still convert Toontown's food court with House of Mouse without changing the gas station. Demo Fantasyland Theater and have the site with FLT on the west side and Philarmagic on the east side of this site. FLT audience face east while PM audience face west. The 2 theaters share the same stage/backstage sort of. Or keep the show buildings separate to keep sound away from each other then use the space between for FLT backstage or something. Entrance & exit to PM will be on east side across from train depot. Themed as "Toontown Community Playhouse". FLT snack shop & restrooms may be removed or moved elsewhere. Fantasyland entrance through the backstage area between current FLT & Storybook/Casey JR train. Themed as Enchanted forest. At the end, guests move north into the new FLT themed with a cross between Festival of Fools and Medevial tents. Snacks & restrooms under stadium-like seating. Stroller parking along the enchanted forest walkway. Or restrooms replaced with stroller parking while keeping the current restrooms. This way the restrooms will serve a better purpose for FLT, PM, Train, & Small World.

I think I prefer this way better for Philarmagic. Also, this is a good way to keep the attraction open while the rest of Toontown is closed for fireworks.

3) The Jolly Trolly Station will be rebuilt (within the boundaries of its "island") to provide shade and a Jolly Trolly will be stationed outside for photo ops . But if at all possible, return J.T. as a mini-ride that takes riders on a gentle stroll through Downtown Toontown and Mickey's Neighborhood. Only one entry & exit at the station. Can probably have 2 trollys running at the same time. The new expanded station will be queue.

4) Put "Pete's Gas Station" in the planters between the Jolly Trolly service building and DL railroad. But the guests on the train should still be able to see in Toontown. It would probably not take up ALL the planter space. Just snuggle it in there, still leaving planters on the side (with trees). This new station can probably have a car wash (mini-water play area), snack shop, water fountain, rest area (shade), restrooms (??) and the usual props and gags found at the current station.

Could probably put more Food Court facades around this planter like the Bank, Court Room, and City Hall. Guests can go inside and explore the Bank, City Hall, and Gas Station similar to Fire House and Jail. More trees dangling over the ramp that you enter Toontown for more shade. I believe they already have benches here.

There's actually quite a bit of room in this planter.

4.5) OR have Bank, Courtroom, & City Hall facade infront of House of Mouse. Then put frozen yogurt, pizza, & hot dog offerings at the southeast planters. For seating, maybe have upstairs outdoor seating, a good view of Toontown & passing trains. Also maybe put seating in the slope that leads from train bridge to Toontown.

5) Brief idea for Mickey & pals dark ride: inside Mickey's House. Cars are trackless and themed for Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc. Most of the things you see inside the current Mickey House will be reused for the ride. The story is Pete is stealing short cartoon film reels from Mickey's private film vault and intends to make himself the star of those pictures. This way, he gets the fame and fortune inside of Mickey. So we hop in a car and (with Mickey & pals) chase after Pete through famous old cartoons like Steamboat Willie, The Band Concert, Tailor Mickey, etc. Ride music is "The Storm", "Flight of the Bumblebee", and "William Tell Overture" in cartoon style. Climax is everyone gets sucked into a tornado. At the end, Pete gets wrapped up in the film stock, Mickey explains he wouldn't be the mouse he is today without Pete's help. And now Pete is okay with it. Load station in Mickey's garage. Enter Mickey's House, exit Mickey's garage (just like now).

6) You can still visit Mickey in his movie star trailor (designed like the trailor in "Mickey's Trailor" short). Located where Chip n Dale's Acorn Crawl and the north half of the treehouse are.

7) The rest of Chip n Dale's treehouse will be destroyed and a new pathway made to go into Frontierland.

8) Gadget's station and coaster rethemed to "Goofy's Plane Crazy".

9) Donald's boat destoryed and rebuilt as an actual looking cartoony HOUSE-BOAT. Queue is walk-through his house (with interactive elements), then ride "Tugboat Donald" (play on words to the cartoon short "Tugboat Mickey". Toon Lake redone and expanded to have tugboats float through the lake and under Goofy's Plane.

Not sure if to have a GPS trackless system or boats with a track system. Probably have Huey, Duey, and Lewie in random places to squirt water at riders. Maybe also have guests watching squirt water and/or control water bombs at riders for a wet experience.

10) Goofy's Playhouse destoryed because his new house will be the load station theme to the roller coaster. Replaced with "Chip n Dale's Acorn Falls" or some other name. Their new house will be adult friendly, also because it's a queue to a new family drop ride (also have interactive elements in queue). The theme will have you feel as if you were underground. The family drop ride will have theme acorns suspended to a tree. The ride will send guests riding acorns up and down and circling the tree while giving a nice view of Toontown. The actual location of the drop tower will probably be where the new toddler playground is. OR the queue is the toddler playground and the drop tower is Goofy's House.

11) Move the toddler playground elements into Toon Park, or make a new "Toontown Community Garden" and have those play things here.

12) More trees and shelters for shade

I think that's about all I have to say. What do you think? Questions/comments??

My only concern is space for the Toontown Christmas tree. Maybe infront of the new City Hall.

I like the philliarmagic/house of mouse combo idea, although i think there is enough room between roger rabbit and minnies house for them to be placed side by side, instead of on top of each other.

I would like to see either house of mouse/ink paint club idea or somethin like the restaurant they have on one of the disney cruise ships that ive read about (where the dining experience begins in all black and white, including the costumes of the waiters, and slowly colors begin to appear on the walls, uniforms, everything, with the whole theme celebrating animation). The latter idea may be cheaper, since it would basically be a clone.

I would love to see the jolly trolley come back, even if it is just a stationary photo op piece, I think it really adds to the idea that you are in an actual "toon town" complete with public transportation.

I like your idea for the mickey dark ride, although I dont know if destroying mickey's house is the best way to go. that house is always popular, and great for a guaranteed visit with the mouse himself. perhaps have the ride replace chip/dale's house and expand backwards towards the north.

connecting TT to Critter Country or Frontierland would be a great idea!!!!!!!!!

why take the time/money to retheme gadget into goofy? you didnt really explain your reasoning behind this, im interested to hear why you wanna do this. personally, i would like to see the whole ride removed (since i think most of the other coasters in the park are tame enough for them to be the "first coaster" for a lot of little kids, i know space was my first), which would provide a lot of real estate for another attraction. great toon movie ride maybe?

i LOVE LOVE LOVE your tugboat donald idea. im picturing it as an "aquatopia" for toons, and could be a great e or d-ticket to complement roger rabbit on the other side of TT. this might win as my all-time favorite ride idea posted on these boards (out of rides that really have a chance of happening, I eliminate all ridiculous, impossible rides, including some of my own, from that award category lol).

not sure if there is such a thing as a "family" drop ride. i think anything of significance would scare the little ones away, and anything too tame would be seen as just for the little ones. while i would love to see a chip and dale attraction, their one chance at glory died with the safety modifications on their treehouse. I would like to see them appear in any dark ride created in TT though, possibly your mickey ride, providing small visual gags in each scene. maybe hoarding acorns, only to be foiled in each scene (a la the little furry guy in ice age).

all in all great post!! i really like your ideas! keep em coming!
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• ...TWO BITS!

^The DIsney cruise restaurant with B&W to color would be incredibly awesome!

Hmmm, honestly, I don't know how big the Philarmagic show building is in WDW and HKDL.

Even though I destroyed the walk-through to Mickey, I put a Mickey trailor near Mickey's garage for Meet-n-Greet. It doesn't have to stay inside a trailor, it could have the illusion of that. Same thing that happens with Mickey's house. You think it's just the house, but it keeps going and going. Personally, I never go inside the house. I would like to see all the walk-through stuff that I haven't seen in years, though.

Gadget doesn't seem popular today. Moving Goofy's house would give way to the new Chip n Dale attraction. I still think this is a good childrens' first coaster to go on. The cars could be wider/bigger to fit adults though. And it'd be cool to have 2 attractions in one area of the park (referring to Tugboat Donald). Having Chip n Dale in the Mickey darkride is definately what I mean when I said "Mickey & PALS". PALS such as chip n dale, goofy, donald, minnie, pluto, clara cluck, clarabelle cow, Hoarse, etc.

What I meant as "family" drop ride was more like DCA's Jumpin' Jellyfish type of deal. But it could be able to spin (all the acorns and the individual acorn vehicles themselves).

I'm glad you like Tugboat Donald so much! Aquatopia was definately one of the things I had in mind for this. The boats could even have a close encounter with the waterfall they have there.

Thank you very much for the questions/comments/concerns

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Here's a great idea: Get Sylvester the Jester (or someone similar) to perform a cartoon/magician act for House of Mouse/ Ink & Paint Club!!

http://www.sylvesterthejester.com/ga...sylvester.html

-Jurassic Park

Great ideas, as always, filmfreak. I had always thought, as was Walt's vision, that Disneyland should be a family park, where no one's family is separated because of height. Also, in an unrelated topic, Gadget starred along Monterey Jack (a mouse), Zipper (a fly), Chip, and Dale in Chip n' dale's Rescue Rangers. I liked that show when I was little, suprised I still remember the names. Chip and Dale's treehouse was based on that. That being said, I like your ideas. Have a dark ride put in somewhere, maybe during the TT-Frontierland transition, themed as "educational" like Figment's ride at Epcot. It can have Gadget as the star, maybe finding her original voice actor from the old show. It could have interactive games and such. You could have Mickey (Cast Member in costume, of course) introduce each cartoon in the House of Mouse, or maybe have a walking AA do it (Like in the Hall of Presidents). Either way, have a recording of Mickey's voice playing. There will be a combination of new and old Mickey shorts, being updated once every three months, or something. You can sit and eat, or just hang around. You could move the Mickey shorts from the little unnoticed theatre on Main Street to the House of Mouse and put the VMK stand from in front of Innoventions to that theatre. Anyways, The House of Mouse does fit there, since Toontown is like Hollywood/Beverly Hills/Malibu, and the House of Mouse is Hollywood-ish. The Ink and Paint Club could be the spot for character appearances and magic shows. We could have a schedule for the acts in both the House of Mouse and the Ink and Paint Club, maybe built in to the menu. I'll have more when I write my review (Or whatever you call those things, I just call them whatchamacallets).
    "It takes a lot of Yellow to make that water green."-Tom Sawyer, talking to me on the rafts over the Rivers of America.

The first thing you need to do to live a successful life is wake up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast