Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Just this guy......

Re: Yeah, I think it's time for a Disney Water park!

Quote Originally Posted by fantasywatersfreak
    I think it's about time that Disney builds a Water park out here, or better yet turn DCA into a Water Park! j/k anyways do you think Disney needs a water park out here in California? I know Soak city is just a short distance away, but that is knott's they don't have the imagintaion to create a "themed" water park. So what do you think?
    With all do respect turning the DCA into a water park is a silly idea.

Now I personally loved both BB and HH at WDW. The problem with building them here is that California is much colder that Florida and the park would be closed for over half the year. Also water parks take up a great deal of space and do not hold that many people.

WDW has lots and lots of space which we just don't have here at DLR.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by painted windows
    thats pretty cool.If anything they should build one here in Arizona. It was 110 today and we have some water parks but they are crappy.
    I'm ALL for that!!! 2 votes for Arizona! ... now the battle of WHERE in AZ!
    Tucson or Phoenix... or ewwww, Casa Grande!

What about ADDING a water park TO DCA? Here in Santa Clara, we have Great America, and in GA is BOOMERAING BAY WATER PARK. It's wonderful. Water slides, lazy river, boat drops the whole deal. I bet if they added a cool water park TO DCA that would totally draw in more families especially during the hot summer months.

jan
    Janette

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Ooo! Ooo! I'm a third for Arizona! I could go when visiting the in-laws! I was in Phx this past weekend and did some yardwork on that 110 degree day. After an hour and a half, I was completely baked, so made my own waterpark. Stood under the hose after letting it run for a bit to let the boiling water run out.
    As for where to put it...well, it's a no-brainer. Anywhere except Tucson.

Go Devils!!!
    *waiting for the Wildcat wrath*

• Official MC Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are awesome.
    We always visit a water park on the first day of our holiday just to cool off and start the holiday in a relaxing way - last year it was Blizzard Beach, this year it's the Lagoon with a Typhoon!

You Disneylanders do deserve one though. As long as you don't steal our Pirates of the Caribbean themed water park. That is soooo gonna be built in WDW.
    I agree! WDW wouldn't be what it is without the water parks.... especially Typhoon Lagoon. I have so much fun there... it's super thrilling (Crush n' Gusher... BEST SLIDE I'VE EVER BEEN ON!!), loads of fun (wave pool!), adventurous (the shark reef!), and also relaxing (the awesome lazy river)... what more could you ask for? It's the best way to spend a morning or afternoon...
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Minion FOREVER!

I've heard the "Disney waterpark in the strawberry field" rumor as well. But completely agree w/ others that they need to work on DCA so that it's a
    park that can drive attendance on its own (like what it was supposed to be).

Currently, it's effectively perceived (wrongly or rightly) as a day park to
    handle overflows from DL with some nice rides.

Personally, I still want a Westcot or a completely new concept (Villain's Lair? LotR? Hogwarts?)

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I got it, when they are supposidly supposed to refurbish the Disneyland Hotel, take out the pool, waterfalls, lost bar, fantasy waters area, and build a small water park within that whole area! Couldn't think of anywhere else to put it, or put it in the lagoon at DCA. yeah, but I know there are problems associated with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat
    Ooo! Ooo! I'm a third for Arizona! I could go when visiting the in-laws! I was in Phx this past weekend and did some yardwork on that 110 degree day. After an hour and a half, I was completely baked, so made my own waterpark. Stood under the hose after letting it run for a bit to let the boiling water run out.
    As for where to put it...well, it's a no-brainer. Anywhere except Tucson.

Go Devils!!!
    *waiting for the Wildcat wrath*
    4th vote for AZ. As stated before the water parks here are terrible compared to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. Besides, here they are only open from Memorial Day to Labor Day and it stays hot until early November and warms up again in April. In Florida it usually stays open year round pretty much. I think a great place would be in Queen Creek or Maricopa. Lots of land and in between Tucson and Phoenix.

Besides more Arizonians that Californians go to DL because it is closer for AZ to go than someone up in N. Cali.
    Kungaloosh!

• FastPass n00b

I'd like to throw in my vote for AZ too. It makes MUCH more sense than California with 4 other water parks in the same general area...Wild Rivers, Hurricane Harbor, Soak City, and Raging Waters. Put it somewhere where people can actually enjoy it and use it year-round.

• The Candidate

I'd love for them to do an indoor water park.

• Defying gravity

That sounds like a good idea...the only problem is that SoCal is kinda cold compared to Florida. I wear sweaters every night and even in the mornings sometimes. But DCA does need work. How about WDI take away Paradise Pier and put a small water park there. Every other part of DCA could be worked on...but Paradise Pier is HOPELESS!!! Also, people might not want to spend so much time/money in DLR when there are only two parks. DCA should have just been a studios park to begin with...but it's a little late for that....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati
    I like DCA, unless you're talking about adding some E-tickets, or somehow adding a berm, they should leave it alone. It's everything Walt never wanted Disneyland to be all rolled into one ball and with the Carny danger sucked out of it. It's fun. PAradise Peir reminds me of those funky little carnivals that used to pop up in old parking lots on Friday morning all ready to take your money with it's midway games and scary (and I do not mean thrill) rides. Or a throw back to Pacific Ocean Park or the Pike. But without the drunken sailors.

I really like Condor Flats and Grizzly Peak and can't wait for their landscaping to mature and enhance their themes even more.

The real waste in DCA is the San Fransisco area and they'll find a use for it in time. Just like they always find a use for open space.

Want to fix something broken at TDR?
    Fix Tomorrowland. THAT'S just a criminal shame.
    No, they need to fix DCA up by giving it some charm that the park simply doesn't have, which is a tad weird since its sister has overloads of it.

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Nah... fix dca first

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12