Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Zero Blockout Dates

Re: More proof of the hiring problems? Visible tatoos in the Aladdin show at DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Tattoos are fine. But Aladdins with mustaches... I'd have a problem with that.
    Or a Jasmine with a mustache
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Animatronic

Re: More proof of the hiring problems? Visible tatoos in the Aladdin show at DCA

I would think tattoos would be rare in union performers. Most actresses and actors I know avoid them so that they can morph into a wide range of rolls.

• Minion

Blog Entries

ya know....yuo can always morph, you'd be amazed (beating the dead orse) what makeup can do...

when i got hired on they had no problem and i have a 1 foot by 8 inch tattoo on my back...it peaks out from sirts sometimes and all people i asked looked and shrugged saying it wan't a big deal...i have wings btw

• Minion

I think there is no reason to see tatoos on a stage production because you can cover it with stage makeup, but maybe they wanted to tatoos as perhaps body art syle or Arabia, its apart of the culture.
    Jeff Wayne

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid
    Tell that to Angeline Jolie or the thousands of other actresses and models who have tats and piercings.

Or, maybe in the "real" world it really doesn't matter
    Since when does Angelina Jolie live and work in the real world? Get serious. It is now as it always has been, the Golden Rule. Those with the gold - make the rules.

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo
    Since when does Angelina Jolie live and work in the real world? Get serious. It is now as it always has been, the Golden Rule. Those with the gold - make the rules.
    Well, if that's the case, then Disney should get with the program and follow the new rules.

• Hedonist

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    No one want to meet n greet with Ariel with something tattooed on her arm!
    Not even an anchor? or perhaps even, a Mermaid?

• ROFLCOPTER!

Quote Originally Posted by General You
    Not even an anchor? or perhaps even, a Mermaid?
    She could make the mermaid dance!

[quote=Not Afraid]I guess Disney finally woke up to reality. They decided that putting such outdated limits on their staff was huring their quality.

I'd rather have good people with tats than rude people without tats.
    [quote]

I was hired today by disneyland and I had to sign a paper stating that I understood the Disney look. I when they told me I was hired, I was told that when ever I come to the casting building or for anything dealing with work that I was to have the "Disney look" but I am not going to be up on stage singing "A Whole New World"

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    That's ludicrous and offensive. In any serious stage profession, you can't have visible tattoos! Any stage performer who is serious about their work would never ever get a tattoo, because they don't know what they might have to do that might cause them to be seen as "not right for the role" because of it.
    Yeah, as much as I admire Melissa, I have to disagree with this statement (respectfully so). I used to work in theater, and it was more rare to see stage performers without a tattoo, in fact. As expressive artistic individuals, tattos were the norm, not the exception, in my experience.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo
    Since when does Angelina Jolie live and work in the real world?
    ...wha...what...you mean not everyone has thier child born in Africa on a private plantation with Lions guarding it from paparazzi?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234