Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Whitewater Snacks - why are they so ludicrously slow???

It's not like I haven't gotten ridiculously slow service there before, but yesterday truly takes the cake. We went in and ordered a French Dip and a kids' burger meal. After (and I kid you not, we checked our watches) HALF AN HOUR of waiting, we finally went up to the register to inquire about our food and were told "There are still a few people ahead of you, it'll be about 10 minutes."

40 MINUTES FOR A BURGER??? Exactly how small IS the grill in that kitchen, because it seems to me they're making them one at a time to be that slow!

And to make matters worse, they had a handful of front-of-house CMs milling around. Why wasn't someone pulled to help out the cook if they were THAT far behind on their service?

And for that matter, if they're so far behind that it takes 40 minutes to get a burger, shouldn't they inform the guest of that when they order? We COULD HAVE picked up sandwiches from the fridge if we'd known, as we were in a time crunch. Instead, we had to get a refund and leave. A little honesty and Disney wouldn't have lost money.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Mousketeer

Re: Whitewater Snacks - why are they so ludicrously slow???

They have always been slow, but that is awfull

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

That sucks!

We ate there on Saturday and they were really on the spot that day. We ordered two burgers, chicken sammich and a french dip, went to the Pool Bar for a tasty concoction, came back in sat down and the food was there!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Mexihick, y'all

Seems to be the tune of most eateries there, now.

• Again! Again! Again!

I have waited a long time before too. I think they tend to the people at the pool too and it was pretty crowded when we left you yesterday. That sucks that you had to wait so long.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Neep meep beep

Whoo boy. There could be a hundred reasons why service can be slow on a weekend. What was their excuse when they refunded your money?

• Minion

Don't eat there anymore, or any other place that offeres crappy service. I rarely ever eat at the park anymore for that same reason. Spending a bundle for mediocre food and bad service. I prefer to leave the park and eat.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Any time the wait was over 30 minutes, they have warned me before ordering.....guess that is over for the summer. I guess they think you have nothing better to do but sit there. Sorry it happened to you yesterday....I know you had plans and thought that would be the best way to meet up with the micechatters quickly. Best laid plans of mice and men!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Yeah, we didn't end up getting to eat anything because the time we spent waiting was time we could have spent eating elsewhere if we'd only known. By the time we heard it would be another 10 minutes, we technically didn't even have time to switch to ready-made sandwiches because we were flat out of time.

I mean, 40 minutes... we could have had a SIT-DOWN meal in that time!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Winter in Oceanside...

I think WWS has always been ridiculously slow, even before the food CM shortage. I've never understood why everyone thinks it is such a great place. I'll only eat there if I am hanging around the pool and am in no hurry to leave.
    Last edited by PrincessY; 06-05-2006 at 01:07 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

We got slow service when we were there last ... and it was on a Thursday. I think it was about 30 minutes.

But the food was still good.

If you want to hear about bad service I should post about our Olive Garden experience from the other night.

• Minion

It is one of our favorite places to eat. I have never had to wait that long before. I hope it isn't the beginning of a trend!

Well, the food is usually good quality. The CMs are usually good too (although they could be a little more forthcoming when they're backed up.) The only problem is the unreliability of their timing! I mean, quick service is called that for a reason. It just shouldn't take as long as a sit-down restaurant.

• I'm your huckleberry.

I'm not a huge fan of WWS in the first place, but that is ridiculously slow!!

Yesterday we went off property to Denny's and had a lovely lunch, great service, and much better food than anything at the park. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

We usually go to Whitewater for breakfast (I love their breakfast burrito) and the service has always been quick--BUT the last time we were there, it was lunch time and we ordered the nachos and it was a good 30 minutes before they arrived at our table. The cashier was amazing though. He apparently remembered me from the time before and gave me the 15% discount before I even showed him my card. I don't flaunt and wave the card around all demanding like, so I was pretty impressed that he remembered me, let alone which AP I have.

Yeah, the breakfast service seems to be faster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast