Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: New menu for Cafe Orleans

I am hoping that you can split a meal there without an extra charge. If the Monte Cristo is as big as it was at The Blue Bayou I could never eat the whole thing anyway!

the menu looks and sounds so good! i can't wait until cafe orleans opens up!!! i really would like to try some of their new items. and the prices are not bad at all!

• Prefect

Blog Entries

That looks soooo good!!
    <o>

• Super saucy pixie!

Whoooaaa. Crepes?
    Yeah, I'm so there!!

• Banned User

WOOOO HOOOOO!!

French Onion Soup - my all-time favorite!

Will definately be checking out the Cafe when it re-opens!

• CM for 4 years!

The Seafood Crepe is DE-LISH! The three cheese Cristo is so-so, and the Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad is as good as it always was at Bayou.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Still wants to be a cat!

So you've gotten to taste test everything? How fun is that?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• insufferable know-it-all

A kiddy Monte Crisco (j/k, Cristo)? I'd be ALL OVER THAT!

(my stomach can't take all the grease of the entire sandwich, but a half portion would be PERFECT!)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• The Dark Ride

I know everyone's going batty over this, but I can't help but wonder...will these prices and menu choices appeal to anyone -but- local AP's who like to splurge when they visit the park? (AKA us) Can you picture mom and pop from Peoria ordering -anything- with a 'zesty citrus aioli'? Even my wife, who is definitely finicky but not a burgers-only type, really doesn't see anything on this new menu that makes her want to eat there. (She doesn't do seafood...and there goes much of the menu.)

You have to do the math on what's over in NOS now:

Royal Street Veranda: moderate-low prices, very small menu, VERY small amount of seating (often held by people watching entertainment and not eating).

French Market: Moderate prices, decent menu, plenty of seating.

Cafe Orleans: Moderate-high prices, decent but semi-gourmet menu, relatively low capacity -plus- full-service (longer dining times and gratuity).

Blue Bayou: Exceptionally high prices, gourmet food, full service.

I'm seeing a gap here. While French Market doesn't have bad prices, two people are going to spend around $30 there if they get entrees and a drink. Cafe Orleans used to be the moderate-low price option on that side of the park, other than Hungry Bear's bland options way on down the line in CC. Now, that moderate-low price option is gone, leaving the crowded and tiny Royal Street Veranda as the only place around NOS where you're going to get away with food for one under $15 or so.

I think that's a mistake, and I think the attendance at the new CO and BB will demonstrate that, with a menu change before the year is over. I don't think you'll see either menu change out completely like Rancho over in Frontierland has had, but I think you're going to see a couple of new lower-priced (and less exotic) sandwich options pop up at CO, and I think you're going to see a general price shift at BB, especially for lunch.
    Mr. Dark
    Writer, Disney geek, madman.

• All you need is LOVE

a few pictures
    Last edited by Crazy Legs; 06-06-2006 at 03:52 AM.

• All you need is LOVE

Re: Cafe Orleans

a few pictures

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Oh wow! the Seafood Crepes sounds nummy...and you can bet my mouth started watering when I read about the chocolate crepes. xD I'm such a chocoholic. ^^;

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Cafe Orleans

Thank you crazylags for the picture

This what I got from another thead is the menu.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/27735-cafe-orleans-update-merged-threads.html

Caf&#233; Orleans

STARTERS
    French Onion Soup Saut&#233;ed sweet-onion medley in a traditional broth with melted Swiss cheese cup 4.99

Entrees:
    New Orleans Gumbo A rich, flavorful stew with chicken, andouille sausage and tasso ham, served with Cajun-style "dirty rice" cup 4.99
    Pommes Frites Traditional Parisian-style potatoes, lightly fried and tossed with Parmesan cheese, garlic and parsley, served with a Cajun spice aioli

La Salade de Maison Our Cafe Orleans signature house salad, featuring tossed baby greens in a raspberry vinaigrette, topped with cherry tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese and caramelized pecans. C'est bon! 5.99
    Mardi Gras Crab-Salad Sandwich Crab salad with garlic, scallion and diced tomato, lightly tossed in a zesty citrus aioli, served on an onion roll with avocado and sliced tomato 14.99
    'The Big Easy" Shrimp Salad Grilled Jumbo shrimp atop wedged lettuce, with asparagus, tomato, avocado, aged prosciutto and shaved Parmesan, lightly tossed in a Lemon-herb vinaigrette 15.99
    French Quarter Blackened Chicken Caesar Crisp Romaine hearts tossed in a traditional Caesar dressing, topped with blackened chicken and shaved Parmesan 13.99
    Monte Cristo Sliced turkey, ham and Swiss cheese in a light batter, fried and served with berry puree 14.99
    Three-Cheese Monte Cristo Swiss, mozzarella and double cr&#232;me Brie in a light batter, fried and served with berry puree 14.99
    Freshly Prepared Stuffed Crepes
    Delicate crepe
    -
    made to order. Served with buttered asparagus and fingerling potatoes.
    Chicken Gumbo Crepe Saut&#233;ed chicken, andouille sausage, tasso ham, and Creole gumbo sauce 15.99
    Seafood Herb Crepe With a traditional Mornay sauce, shaved Parmesan and mozzarella 15.99

DESSERTS
    “Mickey" shaped Beignets
    Topped with powdered sugar and served with raspberry coulis and vanilla cr&#232;me anglaise 6.99

Chocolate Crepe
    Souffl&#233;s

Flourless chocolate indulgence! Raspberries wrapped in crepes and baked to perfection, served with raspberry coulis and whipped cream 6.99
    Last edited by akfandisney; 06-06-2006 at 05:32 AM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• Circle of Ancients

Mr. Dark,

I see where your coming from with that. But honestly, the fact remains that:

• Cafe Orleans was VERY rarely open before the change
    • Disneyland only had 1 sit-down full-service restaurant before this
    Granted I think they could have gone with a better choice in converting another restaurant to full-service instead of one directly across from the other sit-down restaurant. I would have liked either Rancho Del Zocalo or something else converted. Heck, bring back the Tahitian Terrace!!!

I see this as a direct alternative to Blue Bayou. When the line for BB is too long they will inform people they can eat at Cafe Orleans. ALOT of people I know (not just AP's) want sit down restaurants.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    Was the PDF of the actual menu, artwork and all?
    Yep
    Mike

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast