Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou

Hi everyone

I've read many reviews of this particular restaurant, and it has me interested in making a reservation in future. (of course with a water view) hehee.

For those who have eaten at the Blue Bayou Restaurant I just wanted to know which option do you prefer. To have lunch when its daylight? or dinner at night at the Blue Bayou.
    & one more thing, how many days or weeks do I need to book or make a reservation?

Are there any other restaurants at DL or DTD that would also have nice food and atmosphere? thanks alot!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Re: Blue Bayou

Got to make this quick, but Bayou is an indoor restaurant themed to be "outdoors", where it's always evening. The crowd changes slightly, but the ambience is constant.

They are going to totally revamp the menu and go even more upscale / fancy, and the menu will have big changes (no more Monte Cristos) - so previous reviews are outdated. And you ususally book 30 days out, but that may change. 714/781-DINE from memory.

Other nice places are Napa Rose and Granville's at the hotels, the Wine Country Trattoria in DCA...

Gotta go - Work beckons.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• A Pirate's life for me!

No more Monte Cristo's!!!

Say it aint so!!!

And daytime or night-time, it's all the same-time inside the BB.

A GREAT time!!!

• I am a Pluto lover

I will probably be the only one to say this but...

I went last year, it was 3 of us, I paid almost a hundred dollars.
    I ordered the prime rib and was so disappointed. No one in my family or the family we went with thought the food was that good. It was just all right.

While the atmospher of the resturant was great and the workers were friendly, imo, it is not all I expected. I am disppointed at the money I spent but at least I can say I have eaten there.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Back After Missing MC

I had the pleasure of dining at the Blue Bayou on Christmas day this last year for lunch/dinner (it was late afternoon by the time we actually sat down to eat) and it was amazing. Like Bruce Bergman noted, it is always "evening" in the Blue Bayou so I would make your choice depending on which menu/price you prefer. I am sure dinner will show higher prices but may have something special that you really want to try. Either way, I thought it was really neat and think you will enjoy it no matter what time of day you choose.

• Donalds younger brother

where did you hear that the menu is going to be revamped?

And its up to 60 days for booking.

Ok bruce, I called and talked to 2 different people at the disney dine number and my triple a rep and they all said the menu at the blue bayou is not changing. So dont worry folk's the monte christos are still going to be there:0)

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

Quote Originally Posted by misterp102778
    where did you hear that the menu is going to be revamped?
    This is all noted in Al's recent column. Here's a quote from it:

"The new Blue Bayou menu will feature southern interpretations of modern continental cuisine, and the prices will be a notch above what you've been used to paying for both lunch and dinner. Let's just hope Ouimet's bravado lives up to the reality when that famous old restaurant reopens later in June. Disneyland visitors wanting less costly and more traditional Blue Bayou fare like the Monte Cristo Sandwich will have to head next door to the bistro-like menu of Café Orleans."
    There you have it...

thats why i just got of the phone with a disney rep and they said it wasent changing, somebodys fibing.

• Banned User

thats why i just got of the phone with a disney rep and they said it wasent changing, somebodys fibing.
    You think they will release information like this? I think not. It is like them telling you every secret that is going on inside pirates, it won't happen. It is probably so secret even the people taking reservations over the phone don't know.

If it is so secret why did al write an article about it?

• Banned User

If it is so secret why did al write an article about it?
    Al has his insider information, that is why. He knows things that no one else usually knows. It is all insider information that he has to investigate for. Could you say the same about a person taking a reservation over the phone that probably is in a cubicle somewhere?

I think somebodys has been watching x-files a little too much, its a menu not area 51, I dont think disney is really going to lie to the public about a menu.
    Last edited by misterp102778; 06-01-2006 at 10:42 AM.

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

Quote Originally Posted by honeygal
    For those who have eaten at the Blue Bayou Restaurant I just wanted to know which option do you prefer. To have lunch when its daylight? or dinner at night at the Blue Bayou.
    & one more thing, how many days or weeks do I need to book or make a reservation?
    To answer your question Honeygal, I personally love eating lunch at the Blue Bayou (BB). As someone else posted, it's always evening at the BB, so it really doesn't matter what time of day you go! What does make the difference is that lunch is cheaper than dinner (they also don't serve the Monte Cristo at dinner!).

I have been to the BB many times, and I have never had a bad experience. Both the food and service are very good. My favorite dish is the Monte Cristo!

I think you should try the BB at least once. Make reservations as far in advance as you can, and enjoy!

Hope you have a great time at DL!

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast