Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking ? Is the Balcony Seating for Fantasmic worth the price & experience ?

I'm asking because I'm debating whether or not to pay 60 bucks for a balcony seat to watch Fantasmic.

Has anyone seen the show from the balcony? Is every seat really a good seat? What kind of experience did you have when you saw it from the balcony?

Where else besides the balcony is a good or great viewing spot for Fantasmic? Where else besides the balcony is a good or great seating area for Fantasmic?

I did talk to another MiceChat member about this via emails but I'd like to get everyone else's opinion on this. Thanks for your help! ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• The Fantasyland guy

Re: ? Is the Balcony Seating for Fantasmic worth the price & experience ?

Just to let you know... there are threads already about this.

To answer your question: It is, if you want great viewing, but dont want to waste half of your day sitting in front of the river. It is viewed as a time saver to some.

I would never pay for it myself, but thats because I have a AP so I can go whenever I want. Fantasmic! full? no problem, I'll go next week!

but a lot of guests dont have that luxury, so they can pay and see the show wihout spending hours sitting on the ground. You could use that time you gain to do other things, like rides.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: ? Is the Balcony Seating for Fantasmic worth the price & experience ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude
    Just to let you know... there are threads already about this.
    Okay why is it such a "deal" when I or anyone asks something that may or may not have been asked before on another thread on this message board or another!?!?

Let me ask what I would like to ask. I actually enjoy getting fresh new answers. A good percentage of people only look at the front page of a message board and if this question is something they can answer, then I look forward to every NEW answer given but new members who may or may not be aware of an older thread relating to this topic.

I want new opinons, new thoughts, new insights rather than searching for another "thread". Message boards are meant to be enjoyed by everyone's own agenda.

I've said my peace. Cue the fireworks and let's start with the Micoofy show. ;o)

Have a magical day.
    Micoofy Duck

• Banned User

I my self would have loved to have seating for fantasmic! I found it impossible to get a front seat, and all the seats I ever had were in the back, and I had to stand! the crowds, oye! The balcony seating is the way to go if I was ever to go back. you get an awsome view and all kinds of deserts. Is it worth it? I would say yes, . far better then trying to mark a seat out 2 hours early, or more! and having to sit on said mark for that length of time. in the heat if you can get the fantasmic balcony seats I would go for it. And Have a wonderful time

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck
    Okay why is it such a "deal" when I or anyone asks something that may or may not have been asked before on another thread on this message board or another!?!?

Let me ask what I would like to ask. I actually enjoy getting fresh new answers. A good percentage of people only look at the front page of a message board and if this question is something they can answer, then I look forward to every NEW answer given but new members who may or may not be aware of an older thread relating to this topic.

I want new opinons, new thoughts, new insights rather than searching for another "thread". Message boards are meant to be enjoyed by everyone's own agenda.

I've said my peace. Cue the fireworks and let's start with the Micoofy show. ;o)

Have a magical day.
    Amen to that!

We saw Fantasmic on 5-29-06 for the first time--here is what you need to know.

If you can easily afford it, pay the extra money. Unlike other reports you may find spread around the internet which state that there are now only chairs, when we were there anyway there were about seven tables with perhaps four chairs each (it was hard to see from the ground level) set up on the balcony. There was also buffet table with deserts and a CM in attendance.

Otherwise if you can't easily afford it--as people gather around the edge of the river for the show they sit down along the fence, as that area fills up, a temporary rope barrier is erected behind them. You are free to cross this rope barrier and sit down if there is room to do so. Now, more people will gather and sit behind the first section and as that area fills, once again a rope barrier is erected behind them--these two sections must remain sitting once the show starts. The final section fills in behind the first two and a rope barrier is erected behind them--the people in this third, farthest back section are required to stand the entire time, even while waiting for the show to start.

Partly by chance, at about 7:50pm, we found ourselves at the front of the third section (before the final rope barrier was erected--before everyone caught on to what was happening) right next to the show director/mixing board under the center light tower. *Excellent* viewing we discovered as everyone in front of us had to stay sitting. We were required to stand on *aching* feet. As the roped section filled up, people began to vie for a better position--if you find yourself in this position STAND YOUR GROUND and do not allow people to slip in front of you. There is a long time to wait and more aggressive people WILL edge closer and closer to you in hopes that you will feel uncomfortable and move aside. Of course if you *are* an aggresive sort, you can gain a better viewing position this way if you want to at the expense of the good will of the people around you.

I go to Disneyland every year or so, but usually am not there over the weekends to "avoid" crowds if at all possible. Twice I have been there on a night when Fantasmic was playing and both times I succumbed and got balcony seating. I think it could be a great experience, but both times I made a few mistakes which I only remembered after making them a second time. Silly me!! Both times I made the reservations for the last day of our trip, and both times were for the later show, I think it's at 10pm. Now I am 32, and was only 26 or so the first time I did this, but by 10 pm after 3 days or so at Disneyland walking my feet off I was so tired it detracted from the experience. I also, both times, picked a piece of chocolate cake, because I love chocolate cake, but it turned out to be black forest cake, which has some kind of filling in it (cherry? raspberry?) which I don't like. I was too tired and embarrassed to go get a different dessert by the time I realised my mistake, both times!!!! I know that makes me an idiot, but I am telling you a true story. My fiance and now husband had a great time, and the seats are great, but if you go, give yourself a break, try for the early show and/or rest up to make sure you're not too tired to fully enjoy it! The view is great, I love feeling "special," and if I was too tired to fully enjoy balcony seating, I would have been WAY too tired to fight for a spot. I know this is a personal experience, but since I managed to do the same things wrong twice, I thought they might be worth mentioning. I still don't really regret going, but might have enjoyed watching the fireworks from our concierge lounge more.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I'll agree with you on this.

As for paying the big bucks to see Fantasmic, I've only done the riverfront reserved seating (same price). For what you pay, I don't think you get all that great of seats. We have either been blocked by a pillar or part of a tree/bush, and always people's heads. The only good part about it is that you get a chair and you don't have to way 74 hours sitting on the hard cement holding a space.

• Minion

Hey, you pay me 60 bucks and I will sit in whatever spot you want and I will save you your seat and when it's time for the show I get up and you take the seat. That way you will be contributing to a good cause ( me and my poor self) instead of giving your money to a money hungry corporate giant like Disney.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Very Funny ExJungleSkipper! I'll [not] really think about it! ;o)
    Micoofy Duck

• Oh my Goodness!

I enjoyed doing it as a special thing. I've done Fantasmic many times by saving seats all eveining. THis was a fun change. It makes you feel VIP and the CMs were all wonderful. It was what we did the last time I went to the park w/ my Grandmother - so it holds a special place in my heart.

• The Fantasyland guy

I wasn't attempting to chew you out here, just let you know that your answer might already exist under the search tool.

I answered your questions as to my opinion. for someone who doesnt have all day to spend sitting on the ground along the rivers of america, spend the money. It is worth it to be able to go on rides up until the last possible moment wile still getting good seats. Your paying for that privilege.

If you are local and go all the time, I wouldn't suggest it because you could just go to DL on another day. That is what I do.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude
    ...If you are local and go all the time, I wouldn't suggest it because you could just go to DL on another day. That is what I do.
    But, because Fantasmic is only offered on "heavy attendance" days, isn't it always busy when you try to see the show, no matter how many times you come back?

Let me ask what I would like to ask. I actually enjoy getting fresh new answers. A good percentage of people only look at the front page of a message board ...
    KUDOS
    and,
    In my opinion it isn't worth $60.00, but I am also a big cheapskate when it comes to things like this.

• Disney Gram

We did the Balcony in November, Riverside in June. Both were great, but the balcony was the best...the desserts, the drinks, the service, the view. We were first in, up against the rail, but do not think there were really any "bad seats.

I do not live in So. Cal, so do not get to go often....try to do one "special" event each time.

Would I do it again....oh yes!!

I tho
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast