Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Another Stroller Article makes the News

http://barometer.orst.edu/vnews/disp.../4483ce7974813

There’s just something about Disneyland that seems to bring out the worst in people.

I flew down to California for a wedding a couple weeks ago. As the old adage says, “When in Anaheim, go to Disneyland and spend all your money.”

It was here, at the end of a long day in the Mecca of princesses, pixies and capitalism that I had an epiphany. What I realized that fateful weekend is that, after millions of years of refinement, humans are still just big dumb animals, only with computers.

It is a typical human trait to hold ourselves in a higher esteem than the rest of the animal kingdom. After all, we invented the internal combustion engine, the bagel dog, the iPod Nano and that little rack that drips all the fat off of bacon when you cook it in the microwave. And the microwave.

Could a gazelle have invented the microwave?

But we also came up with Disneyland, which essentially negates all positive innovations we have achieved as a species.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Ian The Fox

Re: Another Stroller Article makes the News

I highly disagree with the statement that "at the end of the day, no one is happy". I, and tons of other people, are extremely happy. Why do you think there are so many APs?
    Woof!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

But we also came up with Disneyland, which essentially negates all positive innovations we have achieved as a species.
    1)The author is clearly a butthead. OH WAIT! What if he sees this??

Hmmmm....

Nope. He's still a butthead.

2) I agree about how DL can be after the fireworks. Our worst time was having to wait for about 7 trams. It was honestly like Vietnam in 1974. 50,000 REALLY TIRED AND CRANKY refugees trying to escape to Ball Avenue. Once you're back in your air conditioned car, you become more of a human being. But when you're trying to get the stroller on the tram, and it's still hot, and your kids are crying, and everyone's kids are crying, and your kid decides he has to go potty....yeah. Your ugly side can come out.

3) Dead on about the strollers.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 06-06-2006 at 08:04 AM.

• All you need is LOVE

I love strollers um not

• horsin' around!

it is a special kind of pain getting ankle bit by those things...BUT..it sounds like that guy had no business in DL in the first place!

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Disneyland is wasted on a child thats stroller age, they wont remember the trip nor will they care down the road, if anything I'd feel cheated if i was taken to disneyland at that age and couldnt enjoy it. The minimum age for a disneyland trip IMO is 7 years old. At least big enough to get on all the rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren
    Disneyland is wasted on a child thats stroller age, they wont remember the trip nor will they care down the road, if anything I'd feel cheated if i was taken to disneyland at that age and couldnt enjoy it. The minimum age for a disneyland trip IMO is 7 years old. At least big enough to get on all the rides.
    Pfft. I'm taking my child when he is 16 months. Do I think he is going to get a lot out of it. Not really. Am I going to get a lot out of it? You bet. Disneyland is for familys.

Aaah, the article is written by somebody in Oregon. They're all a bunch of grumps.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• horsin' around!

Quote Originally Posted by Wren

hmmm....the look of wonder in a small child's eyes every time you turn around...
    watching them clap their tiny hands during the electrical parade...
    the huge grin at recognizing captain hook & pooh bear
    the glow on their tiny faces during the fireworks display while pointing up to the sky with churro sticky fingers...

a small child's memories....minimal..
    MY memories of my babies at disneyland....Priceless

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by pixywingz
    watching them clap their tiny hands during the electrical parade...
    the huge grin at recognizing captain hook & pooh bear
    the glow on their tiny faces during the fireworks display while pointing up to the sky with churro sticky fingers...

a small child's memories....minimal..
    MY memories of my babies at disneyland....Priceless
    Exactly...it's not for them, it's for you. You can dangle some christmas lights in front of a baby and it'll be the same as the MSEP.

I'm not so much against strollers--there have always been strollers in Disneyland. The difference now is the size of the strollers and the ages of the children riding in them. The old rental strollers were too small for any kid over the age of 4 and rightly so! I've seen 8 year olds riding in the new ones--they fit in them, although a lot of them have to ride with their knees in their faces. Those huge jogging strollers people bring in are a pain, but by far the worst I've seen are the bicycle trailers that are meant to be used attached to a bike, not pushed around by hand in a crowded theme park. If it doesn't fit through the little gate by the turnstile, it shouldn't be brought in IMO.

• It's all nonsense

The next disneyland stroller craze....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    Exactly...it's not for them, it's for you. You can dangle some christmas lights in front of a baby and it'll be the same as the MSEP.
    Negative. You don't have to have "babies" to use strollers. Ages 3 - 6 are the golden years of Disneyland. I have vivid memories of my 3 and 5 year olds reaching out during the parade yelling "Hug ME! Hug ME!" One of the Dwarves comes over and pats them on the head and they've just won the lottery. Winnie the Pooh to a four year old IS Winnie the Pooh. One of my favorite memories recently was a four year old girl who was dressed as Belle who saw the Mark Twain come around the corner with all of the princesses on it...and she lost her mind. You should have seen those little eyes sparkle.

All of my kids were in the strollers off and on through age four....small legs get tired and either daddy is going to carry them, or they're in the stroller. I think if you have been a parent and have taken small kids to Disneyland, you understand pretty quick about the wonder and beauty of the horrible things we call strollers. They hold your backpack, jackets, waterbottles, video cameras, wipes, diapers, snacks, squirtguns, and fifty other things.
    Oh. AND your kids!

When you take your family to Disneyland and two of your kids are 3 and 4, the stroller is coming, or you'll be in for a very SHORT day!

But now that my kids are all 7 and above....

STROLLERS SUCK!

If everyone would just use LEASHES, we be just fine.....

• No marbles to begin with!

^LOL that's like an attaction by itself. I used to give my baby sister a jarring stroller ride, trying to imitate Indiana Jones while going through grass and over some dirt. That stroller would be perfect!

I don't mind stroller too much since most of the parents that I see with them are careful when moving in a crowd. So far i've only been hit once.
    My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    The next disneyland stroller craze....

I want to see somone put one of these on the tram.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast