Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Inappropriate

Kick back and relax areas

Okay i tried a search, i'm not sure if this has been done before. If it has I'm sorry, and everyone can point at me and laugh...again

Anyway, does anyone have a favorite place where they can just kick back and relax at the Disneyland resort? I personally like the main room in the Animation building.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• CM for 4 years!

On Pirates of the Caribbean.

1, It's my favorite ride
    2. The queue is never much longer than 15 minutes
    3. The building is air conditioned
    4. It's USUALLY (excepting a-hole teens and crying toddlers) quiet.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Fantasia Gardens in Fantasyland. I hate to say it (as it replaced my fave ride, the Motor Boat Cruise!) but its peaceful. There doing something w/ it now.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I love New Orleans square, especially the benches by the fountain. It is beautiful and quiet, a great spot to people watch.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Disneyland Fan

It has to be the back area of Hungry Bear where you can sit and just watch the river traffic. Also, there is the balcony of the Gallery. Great place to just sit and watch the day go by.

• Disney Blood Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I love New Orleans square, especially the benches by the fountain. It is beautiful and quiet, a great spot to people watch.
    You read my mind! I love the shady benches and the music there!
    "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

• GO DBACKS!!

The cute little front porch on Mainstreet with the rocking chair. I think I could sit there and rock and people watch all day.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

Definitely a tie between the main room of the Animation Building in DCA and Carnation Cafe..close to Main street so that you have a good view of everyone walking in an out w/ smiles on their faces!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Fantasia Gardens in Fantasyland. I hate to say it (as it replaced my fave ride, the Motor Boat Cruise!) but its peaceful. There doing something w/ it now.
    I have to agree, was one of my favorite places in the park.

Unfortunately, now it's behind rehab walls
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Reject no more!

My favorite places to kick it away from the crowds would be:
    1) The area behind the Columbia to watch the Splash Mt. victims and river traffic.
    2) The walkway between Frontierland and the Carnation Pavilion (? area where school bands preform) to watch the hub from a distance in the shade. No one is ever back there.
    3) The patio behind the gallery
    4) Anywhere with live music, especially the piano dude at the ice cream parlor. That guy rules.
    ><> just call me n8 <><

• Merry 2014!

other than accompanying my sister to the smoking sections, i don't think i have ever just kicked it and people watched. that said, i do really like the walkway between frontierland and fantasyland. especially at night- you can hear the crickets, the wind rustle the trees, btmrr, splash, and marktwain without all the people.

• Disney fans for life!

Yep, the porch on Main St starting about a half an hour before the rides close. People watching at its finest. Of course, you also need the cup of hot chocolate and cinnamon roll to round out the evening...

Second place goes to the River Belle and a table to eat dinner while waiting for Fantasmic to start. Great view and table service too. The best part is after the show is over watching everyone scramble to get out of there while we sit and enjoy the last of our hot chocolates, waiting for the crowds to thin out.

Quote Originally Posted by DznyVan
    Yep, the porch on Main St starting about a half an hour before the rides close. People watching at its finest. Of course, you also need the cup of hot chocolate and cinnamon roll to round out the evening...
    I think the same thing about sitting at a table in the Carnation Cafe and watching people streaming into Disneyland in the morning. You get to see all the bottled up excitement and eagerness...
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Canadian Member

Plaza Pavillion. Needs more tables and chairs on the Adventureland side of the entrance though.

I like sitting over by Thunder Mountain where on the far side of the of McDonalds French Fries wagon. There is some good people watching over there, but the most relaxing place is in the downstairs of the Hungry Bear, way back in the back. It's cool and you can watch boats/canoes go by. I love watching little kids that can't paddle splashing the crap out of the people around them as they attempt to paddle.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast