Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Where's a good spot to rest in Disneyland/DCA???

When ever I'm tired I hop on the train and take it around at least once. A round trip is approximately 20 minutes, with stops every 5 minutes. If you choose to take the train, make sure to get your seats near the front so you have a screen and don't have to inhale the fumes when you travel through the tunnels.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Help me find the best place to rest at Disneyland & DCA.

Not sure why my last post was taken off the boards but here I go again. Micechat readers, I know this has been asked before and I am aware of other threads but I'm looking for BRAND NEW information. ;o)

When I go to Disneyland this July I plan on being there from when the park opens to when the park closes. that's what.. 8am to 12am for Disneyland that equals 16 hours and DCA is 10am to 10pm and that equals 12 hours, I"ve got to rest at some point.

So please help me find the best spot in Disneyland/DCA to take a seat, pass the time, enjoy the sights and sounds, maybe grab a bite to eat, a secret getaway many don't know about... etc

Any photos of you resting in your favorite spot are welcome as well.

Thank you! ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Re: Help me find the best place to rest at Disneyland & DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck
    Not sure why my last post was taken off the boards but here I go again. Micechat readers, I know this has been asked before and I am aware of other threads but I'm looking for BRAND NEW information. ;o)

When I go to Disneyland this July I plan on being there from when the park opens to when the park closes. that's what.. 8am to 12am for Disneyland that equals 16 hours and DCA is 10am to 10pm and that equals 12 hours, I"ve got to rest at some point.

So please help me find the best spot in Disneyland/DCA to take a seat, pass the time, enjoy the sights and sounds, maybe grab a bite to eat, a secret getaway many don't know about... etc

Any photos of you resting in your favorite spot are welcome as well.

Thank you! ;o)
    Your car ????

Grand Californian fireplace.

• Don't mess with the duck!

There's a rocking chair on a small porch on Mainstreet. Disney gallery is nice with a courtyard and balcony. Also the jazz band at the corner restaurant in NOS (always forget the name but right off the rail road stop). Speaking of which the train ride is also nice. Ride on the Mark Twain is also very relaxing.

• The Twilight Zone

yeah id have to say new orleans square or even the court yard of disneygallery

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Help me find the best place to rest at Disneyland & DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces
    Your car ????

Grand Californian fireplace.
    Maybe I should have said "in Disneyland" rather than "at Disneyland" because then my car wouldn't be an option. Plus I'm flying in so I won't have a car to rest in. ;o)
    Micoofy Duck

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Hideaways and rest spots (merged threads)

Bumping this thread.

• I'm your huckleberry.

The other thread was only a day old, so the information IS new. Your thread wasn't taken off the boards, it was combined into the old thread. You can find the combined thread here: http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/27982-disneyland-hideaways-rest-spots-merged-threads.html

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesnít make anything anymore, but thatís not exactly true. Weíre the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Help me find the best place to rest at Disneyland & DCA.

Well I had no idea since it was moved. How am I suppose to know the thread has been moved?

And another thing. What is the big mickey deal if I have my own thread going? Why must others control others on here? Who is it going to hurt if I keep this thread going?

Please let my post be! I'm not asking for much.
    Micoofy Duck

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Disneyland Hideaways and rest spots (merged threads)

Now I know what "bump" means on forums... learn a new thing everyday!
    Micoofy Duck

You could bring a blanket and lie down/picnic on Tom Sawyer island.

Also, the Big Thunder picnic area.

When the dance floor of the Carnation Plaza Gardens isn't being used, you can just set up some of the spare folding chairs they've got over there, and sit for a spell. Actually, that (Carnation Plaza Gardens dance floor area-when not being used) ....makes a nice, out-of-the-way place to sit and view the fireworks if you don't mind seeing 'em through the trees---which is still exciting.

Illuminations has benches, and you can stay in there as long as you want.

Disneyland-The first 50 years-Museum has benches and makes a quiet place to rest.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Well I had no idea since it was moved. How am I suppose to know the thread has been moved?

And another thing. What is the big mickey deal if I have my own thread going? Why must others control others on here? Who is it going to hurt if I keep this thread going?

Please let my post be! I'm not asking for much.
    Calm down turbo! I'm just telling you where your thread was, and assure that no one had deleted it.

In answer to your various questions:

You can see where its been moved when you look at the thread titles in the forum.

Its a problem for others when there are numerous threads on the same topic. It crowds the main page and makes it hard to find answers. Its much more convenient if everything is in one thread. That's what a thread is, a group of posts on the same topic.

We are not an anarchy, so there must be a LITTLE control.

I have no power to do anything to your thread, but if the mods feel combining your thread with another one, I'd go with that decision instead of starting a whole bunch of new ones. It just makes a lot of work for the mods, who already have a crap load of stuff to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesnít make anything anymore, but thatís not exactly true. Weíre the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

^^^

EDIT: a_hyperbole beat me to the punch...my post here originally said the things she said. So rather than add to the redundancy, I'll just leave it at that.

Respectully,

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

Since you are going in July, keep in mind that it will be hot, and aside from resting places, you might want to keep to cool rides during the afternoon. Small World and Pirates are long rides and are air conditioned. Star Tours has a nice indoor air conditioned queue. Mr. Toad has a mostly shaded queue area. Indoor shows like It's Tough to be a Bug (in DCA), Honey I Shrunk the Kids, the Opera House and the cinema are also good places to sit and cool off. You can also go to any of the 3 onsite hotel lobbies to rest and cool off - you don't have to be a guest there.

Fluffy Club Member

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast