• Vehicle rotating backward

Did Primeval World get a music change?

I've read on a couple sites that sometime between 2000-2003 they changed the music on the dinosaur diorama. Is this true? It was certainly about time, but I always enjoyed the old tune as being way too overdramatic to the point of humor.

Fun story on that: On my last trip, the trains reliably ran too fast to synch with the spiel on that leg of the rails. I don't know if they still do or not (I also noticed a lot of employee voiceover the spiel because of old references like the burning cabin they had to coverup.) Anyway, the train chugged through the dioramas fast enough that we were looking down Main Street and the loud and dramatic Primeval World tune was still blaring over the speakers. A guy in the next row shouts, "Oh no! The horrors of SHOPPING!" Almost everybody in that car busts out laughing.

If they changed the music, maybe they finally got around to fiddling with the whole spiel so it fits together right with whatever changes they made to the train.

• Special Agent

They did change the spiel about 2 years ago - but the music in the dioramas remains the same.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    If they changed the music, maybe they finally got around to fiddling with the whole spiel so it fits together right with whatever changes they made to the train.
    Well, this is HARD. Simply because the trains travel a different speed around the track. The lag is actually not a problem anywhere on the track, because they have the boxes on the side of the track (you may have seen them, they are tall poles with a black box on them), that trip the speil for the various areas. (Plus the new speil is digital, one of the resons they canned the Thurl speil, because they had to rerecord for the digtal, and new spanish spiels)

The reason why this doesn't work for the TL → GC → PW transition, the trip would bluntly cut off the soundtrack. And when your running 3 trains, it's hard to keep that slow pace in the GC → PW section.

I noticed that too! Several years ago they changed the music in the dinosaur diarama to the soundtrack from the movie, "Jules Verne's Mysterious Island" made in the 60's sometime.

Thankfully, the haven't touched the "Grand Canyon Suite" by Ferde Grofe in the preceeding diarama. It's one of my favorite classical pieces.

Do the boxes control the depot announcements as well or is that a whole other system?

As far is boxes controling the depot announcements it's done by sensors along the track. Now Primeval World music has not changed since the 60's. Now I have been on the railroad for a long time , and I know that fact to be flase about the music changing in the last few years.

Walt's love of Trains!

• New Waver

I like the music, in fact if is one of my favorite parts of the train ride. But I am kind of lame when it comes to the trains.